Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #407
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Are you under 21? You seem young. I'm 23 myself...
I don't think my age is relevant.

Anybody here also have the MRTv2 or the MRTv1? I got the MRTv2 yesterday, I like the DEEP tone but I wish it were a tad louder though. One poster said something about adding high flow cats to make it louder, I would like to keep the same DEEP tone but make it louder...without changing the tone if that makes sense.

Anybody have any ideas on this? I'm wondering if maybe I should have just gotten the MRTv1? Urghhh this shyt gets stressful at times.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #408
Repooh
Certified: Slow

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

Anybody here also have the MRTv2 or the MRTv1? I got the MRTv2 yesterday, I like the DEEP tone but I wish it were a tad louder though. One poster said something about adding high flow cats to make it louder, I would like to keep the same DEEP tone but make it louder...without changing the tone if that makes sense.

Anybody have any ideas on this? I'm wondering if maybe I should have just gotten the MRTv1? Urghhh this shyt gets stressful at times.
I'm not sure what sound you're going for but it will never sound exactly like a v8. I used to have a 2010 2LT. A friend of mine also had one (v6) and spent a ton of money trying to find the perfect sound. Lets just say I learned from his mistakes and never modified my v6 exhaust. I'm not saying there are no good sounding v6 (because Ive heard a some great sounding ones). But, I would be careful.

2014 Ashen Grey Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Winter Vehicle- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Old 06-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #409
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I have the V2 and I think it's loud enough. I like it because it's quite when I'm cruising, and loud when I step on it
Old 06-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #410
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repooh View Post
I'm not sure what sound you're going for but it will never sound exactly like a v8. I used to have a 2010 2LT. A friend of mine also had one (v6) and spent a ton of money trying to find the perfect sound. Lets just say I learned from his mistakes and never modified my v6 exhaust. I'm not saying there are no good sounding v6 (because Ive heard a some great sounding ones). But, I would be careful.
I like the muscle note that the MRTv2 added. I like that note. I just want to take that very same "note" and make it LOUDER. I don't want to change the note and just have something "loud" coming from the car, if that makes sense? For example, they said I could have just take off the mufflers and that would make it "loud" but I don't want "loud" just for the sake of "loud".....

I like the MRTv2 deep muscle note....I just want this same note to go LOUDER...then I'm straight!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:54 AM   #411
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
Kys
Old 06-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #412
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:

Anybody here also have the MRTv2 or the MRTv1?
Sure it is, you're acting like a child. People have lent you plenty of priceless advice not just on your car, but also some guidelines to follow for the rest of your life.

Now to answer your question... yes... people here on the Camaro forums have indeed at one point came across the MRTv2 and MRTv1 once or twice I'm sure.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...aro5.com+mrtv1

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...aro5.com+mrtv2
Old 06-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #413
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Post # 400 reads as follows...

Camaro Man Cards

Z28: Responsible for design and distribution of man cards
ZL1: Lifetime membership
SS M6: Must renew yearly
SS Auto: Must renew monthly
V6 Manual: Certificate of participation.
V6 Auto: Application is kept on file.
Now THAT'S funny as sh*t!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Old 06-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #414
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Sure it is, you're acting like a child. People have lent you plenty of priceless advice not just on your car, but also some guidelines to follow for the rest of your life.
Okay and I have taken note of what was said and I also made the original post DAYS ago. I have not since continued to whine, bytch, complain, nor act like a clown.

It hasn't been me that's been posting pics and clowning for the previous 30 pages. I said WTF I had to say and it's been that.

I don't know how many god damn times I'm supposed to say that I came off very emotional in the original thread and if I could have a do over....I would have communicated differently. But it was shyt bothering me and I came here and just ranted/let loose....with no filter. Damn, excuse me for being a human and making a mistake.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #415
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Okay and I have taken note of what was said and I also made the original post DAYS ago. I have not since continued to whine, bytch, complain, nor act like a clown.

It hasn't been me that's been posting pics and clowning for the previous 30 pages. I said WTF I had to say and it's been that.

I don't know how many god damn times I'm supposed to say that I came off very emotional in the original thread and if I could have a do over....I would have communicated differently. But it was shyt bothering me and I came here and just ranted/let loose....with no filter. Damn, excuse me for being a human and making a mistake.
Props to you for how well you've handled the "ribbing" and not "retaliating".
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Old 06-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #416
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:

Your going to need to learn a few things about the internet. Just because you have a neat idea, or feel like sharing something, doesn't mean everyone will feel the same.

If a thread sucks, it will fade away with no responses.

If a thread spins out of control, you might be better off walking away from it and let it fade out once everyone has exhausted themselves.

Don't read into a comment too much. You can and will find a way to take offense to it. No good comes from letting your anger out on a member... someone always walks away looking like a jackass.

I'm only saying these things, because I sense you will eventually get tired of the us poking fun at you. You wear your feelings on your sleeves, not a good place to show them... it be easy to hurt you that way.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #417
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Try the Xpipe next. Had a buddy with a v6 do the SLP loudmouth 1.0 (same concept as the MRT 1.0). Not ideal. Try the xpipe, but you're on the right track, MRT 2.0 is best.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #418
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Your going to need to learn a few things about the internet. Just because you have a neat idea, or feel like sharing something, doesn't mean everyone will feel the same.
That's fine. But the people saying I'm supposedly the troll and I'm supposedly the one acting childish, are the ones who have spent 30 pages mocking up pics and clowning. I don't even understand how people have so much time on their hands for all of that.

Quote:
If a thread spins out of control, you might be better off walking away from it and let it fade out once everyone has exhausted themselves.
Okay well help me understand then, am I the one acting childish here or the myriad of posters who have no self "control" for 30 pages and we have to just sit back and allow them to continue to "act out"? Isn't that what Teachers have to do for retarded children? I'm just saying...

Quote:
Don't read into a comment too much. You can and will find a way to take offense to it. No good comes from letting your anger out on a member... someone always walks away looking like a jackass.
I don't know why you are telling me this.....I haven't been the one clowning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Props to you for how well you've handled the "ribbing" and not "retaliating".
At the end of the day, it's stupid. Just because this is "the internet" doesn't mean people should have a license to act retarded.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #419
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:

Here this is for you!

You are going to need it because this thread isn't going anywhere! It is just too damn fun.

Someone better stir the pot again or dump some more shit in...
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #420
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I'd be proud that I started a 30-page thread! I've needed the above butthurt report once or twice for posting that 'dead-thread' that I felt was fodder for discussion. And then, throw in the admonishment/warning from the mods that you have posted to the wrong section and you're booking time on Dr. Phil!

Closed Thread