Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Guys I need some advice on Exterior Color its driving me nuts and holding things up

I have eliminated my colors down to the following combinations.

I am getting a SS/RS no Sunroof 6 speed manual

Wheels will be 21-22 inch most likely black faced with polished outer lip.

Now just to fill everyone in the car is not going to remain stock.
I already have coilovers
I already have Stainless Works full exhaust
On order Larger Brembo brakes for the fronts
Going to leather cover the dash and door panels
ECU tune and possible CAM

1. black/Black RS SS with a matte gray stripe
2. Orange with Black interior Matte black stripe
3. Silver/black interior matte black stripe.

I am partial to black because I have owned lots of black cars. My daily driver is a Metallic black which relaly hides the swirl marks. Camaro black is going to be a bitch to upkeep and I am lazy in my old age.

I used to like silver its been 11 years since I owned a silver car but on highline cars like Bentley and Aston Martin I like most only because they have more metal flake in their paints. Camaro silver looks cool but may be too sterile for such a hot new design.

Orange is just plane cool as heck. And I like this alot. The only cars you can buy in orange are a Lamborghini and Porsche GTRS so the orange is very attention grabbing. My gripe is can I live with an Orange car in the garage or will I get sick of it and regret?

Now The Camaro isnt my daily driver I have a Black 2008 BMW M5 and a Black 2002 Porsche 911 RUF Cabriolet. I am called nuts by all of my friends for even wanted the Camaro I am in love with the Camaro even though I have european sports cars in the stable. I just went to the dealer with my lady just to stare at the car through the window and I never have done this unless I was fantasizing in front of the Ferrari dealer.

What made you guys chose your colors and what would you suggest?

Oh I am so impatient waiting my black car on order wont be here til January, Silver is in stock and Orange is 2 blocks from my house which i can have for 32k Monday if I choose it.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
droidboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS (soon!)
I just picked up a yellow one today, but if I was to have two it would be the Cyber Grey Metallic, with either white or black rally stripes.

Gregg
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
I like tthe IOM and dont regret it one bit......alot of compliments.....my 2 cents.... it is one of the colors that really shows the lines of the car...although I saw a black with flat black stripes and it was a head turner as well.

GL on the making the choice...
Old 10-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
55Designs

Drives: 2010
My friend Peter has a 2010 GT500 in Metallic gray and we went to the dealer last week and the Mustang looks better in the gray than the Camaro in my opinion. We parked them side by side.

Yellow is Hot, and so is Orange and a few others. I think since the car is a throwback to the 60's picking a cool color from the pallete makes sense.
Black and silver are SAFE. Orange, yellow just say YOU GOT BALLS, RED is typical sports car desired color of all time.

I would consider yellow but where I live there are so many yellow Vettes i want something different.

I guess if I get orange it will be the best Halloween car ever.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
gone-south

Drives: abm 2LT
i've seen all the colors in person and the three that compliment the car the most......abm, cgm,and jcr look by far the best. day or night, rain or shine. i have the abm and everyone just loves the color....i also suggest not making a desision from pictures....try and see them in person. i wouldn't have bought mine if not for seeing it in person. pictures just don't do the paint justice...
gone-south is offline   Reply With Quote