Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #57
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Another question, can someone with one these just turn of AFM for me without doing a full tune or using one of their flashes or whatever they are?

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:57 AM   #58
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Another question, can someone with one these just turn of AFM for me without doing a full tune or using one of their flashes or whatever they are?
Unfortunately, no. This would count against the married vehicle counter, and the handheld would be locked to your VIN...assuming it wasn't already locked to theirs.

I think the only thing you can do on someone else's car with a married SCT is scan/reset codes and maybe run a datalog.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #59
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

I think the only thing you can do on someone else's car with a married SCT is scan/reset codes and maybe run a datalog.
My son has a 2009 Chevy Cobalt that threw some codes the other day. Can I read them on his car and reset them by chance with the SCTX4? My handleld is married to my Camaro with a current Custom tune.

I thought i might be able to give him some guidance that way... Oh its a ABS and/or traction Control error or something could I even clear that with the X4 I assume that stuff is in the BCM not the ECM???

Last edited by qcman; 02-26-2018 at 04:39 PM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #60
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Bump for anyone who can answer my question?
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #61
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official SCT View Post
We're still working on making a universal PID but in the mean time we have a solution.

Let your custom tuner know (or we can get in touch with them if you let us know who it is) to do the following

Under OBDII, PID ENABLE, OBD2_DATA_PID_ENABLE_51-58 Set the value to 64 if it is 0, if the value is not 0, add 64 to the value. This will enable the pid 52, which is the ETHANOL SAE pid in LiveLink.
I tried to do this, I could not enable this parameter in livelink. could you explain better? teach all the ways to reach this change? could anyone help us complete this episode?
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:38 AM   #62
broshua

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
From using the "search" function through the "Tuning/Diagnostics" sub forum, I have yet to see approximate numbers for tuning an 2015 SS M6 with a CAI and Catback. What would you guys estimate the power gains from those two mods and a tune with the SCT.
broshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #63
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Bump for anyone who can answer my question?
The SCT can read and clear ECM TCM codes on almost any GM married or not.

ABS BCM control module codes must be diagnosed repaired and cleared by a Shop level Scanner.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #64
hill_billy

Drives: 2013 Black SS M6
I'm scheduled to have a cam installed and dyno tune next month. I'd like to sell my SCT X4 to have additional funds for my car. I'd also like to leave my current tune on my car until the dyno tune is performed. If I unmarry my SCT X4 from my car, will I lose the current tune (revert to factory tune)? The tuner uses a different platform. Can he overwrite my current tune without needing my SCT X4?

I'd also like to say that I've been completely happy with my device, remote tune, and ability to read codes, diagnose problems, and clear the codes.

Thanks,
Jason
hill_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #65
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill_billy View Post
I'm scheduled to have a cam installed and dyno tune next month. I'd like to sell my SCT X4 to have additional funds for my car. I'd also like to leave my current tune on my car until the dyno tune is performed. If I unmarry my SCT X4 from my car, will I lose the current tune (revert to factory tune)? The tuner uses a different platform. Can he overwrite my current tune without needing my SCT X4?

I'd also like to say that I've been completely happy with my device, remote tune, and ability to read codes, diagnose problems, and clear the codes.

Thanks,
Jason
When you unmarry the SCT tuner you will be reinstalling the stock tune back to the ECM regardless of what has been done in between.

So it is best to return to stock before a dyno tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #66
hill_billy

Drives: 2013 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
When you unmarry the SCT tuner you will be reinstalling the stock tune back to the ECM regardless of what has been done in between.

So it is best to return to stock before a dyno tune.

Ted.
Ted, thank you for the feedback!

Much appreciated,
Jason
hill_billy is offline   Reply With Quote