Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
choffhous

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
iDatalink KIT-CAM1 Dash and Wiring Kit Compatible Stereos?

I feel like I have been searching for this forever but I am not too crazy technical with cars but I am looking to upgrade my stock stereo to the CAM1 Dash but I am looking to spend around $300~ (if that is even possible) on a stereo that can give the ability to access things such as:

-Climate Control on screen
-Gauges on screen
-Apple Carplay

Is there a certain type of stereo I should be looking for? I was looking at the JVC KW-M75BT but I am not too sure if it will have the above options (mainly focused on the climate controls since you lose those options when you install the CAM1).

Any help that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
choffhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by choffhous View Post
I feel like I have been searching for this forever but I am not too crazy technical with cars but I am looking to upgrade my stock stereo to the CAM1 Dash but I am looking to spend around $300~ (if that is even possible) on a stereo that can give the ability to access things such as:

-Climate Control on screen
-Gauges on screen
-Apple Carplay

Is there a certain type of stereo I should be looking for? I was looking at the JVC KW-M75BT but I am not too sure if it will have the above options (mainly focused on the climate controls since you lose those options when you install the CAM1).

Any help that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Crutchfield is a good resource. The stereos idata compatible will be listed and they usually have some good deals and you can get all equipment their.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 AM   #3
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Crutchfield is a good resource. The stereos idata compatible will be listed and they usually have some good deals and you can get all equipment their.
I second that, that is where i got my system from, just search for Idatalink compatibility and you will get all the systems they sell.
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
idatalink has all the compatible makes and models on their website, even states what is and isn’t available on each receiver.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote