Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
ZL1 for sale in Ontario

Ok here it goes, I picked up a ZL1 last week and now I changed my mind. Anyway I'm willing to take a few thousand loss on the car. Its the only Canadian one right now on the trader right now with low miles. There are quite a few on the trader but they are all US imports (nothing against the US guys ) But there are differences in the car.

Its Black, sunroof, Nav, Polished bright wheels, 6 speed, Carbon hood and it has under 200kms on it. I basically just drove it home. If I can get out for a reasonable price I will, or I may just keep it.
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Holy Jumpin', V8....maybe should have got it in a vert?
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
v8

I know I know I know, very tough decision, I really love the car, we will see what happens, but things come up and I'm open to offers and will be reasonable.

Like I mention in the add, most the ZL1's for sale in Ontario are imported from the US, so they have the speedo cluster that only goes to 200, while the Canadian goes to 330. There are the other things as well. Good thing its a rare car so I may make out ok. I'm gonna take a loss but I hope its not too bad. If there is anyone in the GTA looking for a new ZL1, this is the deal for them. Car is only a few weeks old, driven from the dealer to my garage and parked.
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500

Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
MsGreen

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Really too bad you're selling it. Sounds like an amazing ride.
MsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
KW Kruser

Drives: "O"10 SS RS M6 Supercharged
PM sent
KW Kruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #6
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
I know I know I know, very tough decision, I really love the car, we will see what happens, but things come up and I'm open to offers and will be reasonable.

Like I mention in the add, most the ZL1's for sale in Ontario are imported from the US, so they have the speedo cluster that only goes to 200, while the Canadian goes to 330. There are the other things as well. Good thing its a rare car so I may make out ok. I'm gonna take a loss but I hope its not too bad. If there is anyone in the GTA looking for a new ZL1, this is the deal for them. Car is only a few weeks old, driven from the dealer to my garage and parked.
If you were that unsure about buying it, before you took it home you should've asked your dealership if you could walk away from the contract. I know my dealership would allow it as since the transfer had not been completed, they could still sell it as new for full price, but once the transfer is complete and you drive it off the lot, the best they can do is sell it as used and drop the price by $5000. This happened to a customer 2 years ago who bought a 6 spd manual "Transformers Look a like" ( V6, Yellow w/Black Stripes ) and after only 500 Klms found the shifting hurt her hand so she reordered an Automatic instead.
Oh well, live and learn I guess.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
v8

The dealer was really sticky, would not even allow a test drive. The reason I'm selling is not all because of the car. I do love its styling and think its a great car. It's just that my circumstances has changed. It's just bad timing.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
BUMMER!! So sorry life threw you a big enough curve ball to make you take such drastic action. I hope everything works out for you. After all it's just a car and it shouldn't be the focus of your life. If you need to do this then you are doing the right thing! I hope someday you can get back to having another one. Good luck on the sale and I wish you all the best!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
The dealer was really sticky, would not even allow a test drive. The reason I'm selling is not all because of the car. I do love its styling and think its a great car. It's just that my circumstances has changed. It's just bad timing.
Sorry to hear! Hope things get better soon.
Too bad your dealer is an unsympathetic prick, but unfortunately that is the case sometimes. It's not like selling it would've been a hard thing as I'm sure they wouldn't of had another on the lot, but as for keeping you as a future customer, I'm sure you are probably questioning that right now.

Good luck on selling it fast! You probably have some offers by now I would think.

RetroDude
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
MsGreen

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Sometimes this kind of stuff happens in life and it sucks when it does.
MsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Sorry to hear! Hope things get better soon.
Too bad your dealer is an unsympathetic prick, but unfortunately that is the case sometimes. It's not like selling it would've been a hard thing as I'm sure they wouldn't of had another on the lot, but as for keeping you as a future customer, I'm sure you are probably questioning that right now.

Good luck on selling it fast! You probably have some offers by now I would think.

RetroDude
Thanks for the support. Ya the car is pretty much sold and I'm really not out much at all. I came out pretty good. I don't want to name the dealer but they had some nerve. When I spoke to them about it they offered me 10 grand less than what I paid!!!!!! I then #$%# them out and wrote a nasty email. They phoned back and offered another grand. I informed them with the mileage on the car (less than 200) they could put it back in the showroom, sell it used for a few grand less and it would be gone. I told them they made good money off me when I bought it and they should value me. They informed me that it doesn't matter that they made a good profit the first time around, and that they treat every deal as a new one so they have to make a health profit again!!!!!

The salesman then concluded by telling me when I sold this one and am ready to buy another or a corvette to come see him and he will look after me WOW, all I can say is I will never set foot in there.
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500