Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
V6 Tuning section?

I was thinking the other day. I started out with a base tune from Overkill for my LFX Camaro, but since then I've learned a lot and am adjusting the tune myself with great results! Would it be helpful if the mods created a V6 specific tuning forum? The current one tends to get flooded with V8 only tuning questions. Thoughts?
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
+1

I wish there was more support available for my boosted LLT set-up since Overkill has gone ghost. Finding a reputable tuner knowledgeable in the platform has proven unsuccessful. I have come so far on this build and am still pending a final tune to get dialed in after methanol system install, shop that did all my engine work went out of business and I don’t want to just let anyone mess around with it.

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
You can't tune for Methanol anyway, because you're not using it all the time.
IF you mean Ethanol, as in E85 fuel, that's different.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Batmaro, have you thought about having Jannety Racing remote tune your V6? I considered it when I was frustrated with the ghosting but ended up finding a local place to dyno tune it. Ted didn’t blink an eye when I reached out to him about my boosted LLT. He has a long and sometimes mixed history, but seems to have a loyal recent following here.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:32 AM   #5
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
You can't tune for Methanol anyway, because you're not using it all the time.
IF you mean Ethanol, as in E85 fuel, that's different.
No, I mean water methanol injection. The system was installed because we were losing rail pressure around 6200rpm and getting KR preventing the car from getting a completed tune. Car was never able to go back onto the dyno after the WMI system install to assess whether it resolved those problemsóif any adjustments need to be made to nozzle size/spray and receive its final tune; OR continue diagnosing the issue of it still persistedóbecause the shop doing the engine work went out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
Batmaro, have you thought about having Jannety Racing remote tune your V6? I considered it when I was frustrated with the ghosting but ended up finding a local place to dyno tune it. Ted didnít blink an eye when I reached out to him about my boosted LLT. He has a long and sometimes mixed history, but seems to have a loyal recent following here.
I think someone mentioned them to me in the forums but I havenít reached out because I was hoping to receive an answer from Will since I already paid twice for tuning (once to him and a second time to the shop that shut down) and neither one has fully delivered. If I paid for remote tuning from Jannetty, I would again have to not only pay their services but also find and pay again a local tuner with a dyno that could provide live support to make adjustments. Where are you located and what local shop did you use to dyno tune? If itís reasonable, I may make the trip.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
battlefield43214

Drives: Chevy Camaro
How long did it take for you guys to receive the tune or throttle body from will..I ordered it the 24th of September and still havenít gotten it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
battlefield43214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:29 PM   #7
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlefield43214 View Post
How long did it take for you guys to receive the tune or throttle body from will..I ordered it the 24th of September and still havenít gotten it
I ordered the TB and tune on 04/24/2019 and received it 05/08/2019. He did not send any tracking information prior to arrival, package just showed up one day.

Recently, he was operating on reduced hours during August 2021 weeks and then experienced a family emergency/loss during September 2021 and has been on bereavement leave. Unable to receive contact from him, the last communication I received from him was 08/12/2021 trying to coordinate a date/time to schedule live remote tuning support.

In your case, I would just continue to be patient. I understand how frustrating it is waiting but Iím sure heís dealing with a lot and the circumstances have put him even further behind than usual so heís just overwhelmed trying to catch up.

Old 10-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #8
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
I had ordered the Overkill Flex Fuel kit in early August and after multiple attempts to reach out I gave up and had to end up opening a Paypal case the end of September. In the meantime I ordered a DSK Tuning Flex Kit and it came in 2 days. I found a HP Tuners tune file for a 2014 impala that had all the flex fuel maps populated and just copied over all the necessary tables into my 2014 Camaro tune. Its not perfect yet but I'm learning a lot and no longer need to wait for Will on retunes.
Tuning is not magic and Will's tunes are not perfect. Learning to do it yourself no only saves a ton of headache but money as well. There's plenty of resources online to help you walk through the process using HP Tuners.
Not trying to bad mouth Will and I feel sorry for the loss of his Father but even before that happened I saw a ton of people having issues with his lack of communication. Part of me wonders if he's getting burned out and or has decided to focus strictly on his family life, which is understandable. What is not understandable is continuing to take peoples money for products with little to no communication or estimated arrival time for their purchases??
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote