Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-23-2021, 12:35 PM   #1
jcharm

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
New LT1 owner - got a few questions

Satin steel grey with Recaros, Dual mode exhaust sunroof and tech package - 6speed manual of course. I believe the order went in January 11th and I picked it out up on Friday March 19th if you’re curious. Was the longest 9 weeks ever of course.

I’ve been driving my girlfriend’s Volt since I turned in my Giulia in December and haven’t had a manual since my 2011 mustang GT. The drive home from the dealer was a combination of annoyance over the dealer being a little shady about the price and the feeling of remorse as the car hobby horsed its way down the 405 with me thinking I can’t see anything out these damn windows and these seats seem too tight and the why are headlights so bright in all my mirrors! LoL

It’s all good though. I grew a bit lazy with my last car and this somuch more engaging to drive. It’s an intense experience and a real sports car for sure.

Couple questions.

When the exhaust is in touring mode and you get on it does that open up the valves to sport mode?

I find myself cranking the seat up to see better so the visor stickers are right in my eye line. Do those peel off cleanly or do I have to remove them with goof off or just cover them?

Any solution to dim the side mirrors since there’s no coating on them?

Best Bose sound settings? I actually turned the bass down a few clicks because it seemed too muddy

Do I have to make an account with Sirius to get full functionality? The settings button has a subscribe menu which seems wrong if I have a new car subscription.

Trunk had nothing in it although there was a small useless funnel in the glove box. Is that right? No tow hook?
jcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #2
jcharm

Photo...
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
First - congrats on the new ride and enjoy! The visibility thing and the getting smoother on shifting just take some seat time to go away as concerns.

I've answered a few of your questions. I don't care about the radio as I prefer to listen to the exhaust which I have set to all time track mode.

When the exhaust is in touring mode and you get on it does that open up the valves to sport mode?

A. Yes, the valves open up when the rpms climb. If you want the what I think is best exhaust experience (loud when you want it and quiet when just cruising down the freeway) then go into the exhaust menu in the center infotainment screen and set the exhaust to be in Track mode all the time.

I find myself cranking the seat up to see better so the visor stickers are right in my eye line. Do those peel off cleanly or do I have to remove them with goof off or just cover them?

A. Be careful with those stickers. They do not come off without damage. For those it bothers they put a black vinyl patch over them to cover them up.

A. I am unsure of a coating for them. I have no issues as I keep the mirrors set wide (I can barely see the quarter panels when I lean my head either direction). This is the best setting to greatly reduce blind spots and help with glare as well.

Trunk had nothing in it although there was a small useless funnel in the glove box. Is that right? No tow hook?

A. Don't loose the useless funnel. You will need it if you ever need to fuel the car by hand from a gas can. The funnel forces open the anti-siphon valve so you can pour the gas through the funnel and into the tank. On the tow hook - did you lift up the floor panel and look underneath? In my car the tow hook is stored there. Its black and can be hard to see.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #4
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Nice looking car. Does the LT1 not include blind spot detection on the mirrors? That completely erased my blindspot concerns with the car. As for the BOSE system, yeah. It sucks. Turn the bass down a few notches and increase the mids and treble. I also have the F/R speaker bias to 80/20. I mostly listen to rock. Much better than the stock configuration but still a downgrade from the Harman Kardon unit on my previous BMW.

Also, do a 1000 mile oil change and differential flush.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #5
Richardman1992

Drives: 01 Z71, 21 LT1 M6
The LT1 does not have blind spot detection
Richardman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #6
delthawk5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardman1992 View Post
The LT1 does not have blind spot detection
Really? Wow. I would have guessed that stuff was standard equipment by now. Specially with all the complaints this car gets about visibility.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #7
Richardman1992

Drives: 01 Z71, 21 LT1 M6
Personally, I don’t think it’s that bad, although I have been surprised to see cars where I didn’t think there were any, usually when merging on the freeway. I work for an LTL trucking company so I’m used to blind spots. Tractors just happen to have a few more (and bigger) mirrors then we do.
Richardman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
delthawk5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardman1992 View Post
Personally, I don’t think it’s that bad, although I have been surprised to see cars where I didn’t think there were any, usually when merging on the freeway. I work for an LTL trucking company so I’m used to blind spots. Tractors just happen to have a few more (and bigger) mirrors then we do.
I don’t think it’s that bad either. But the BSD system gives me a lot more confidence. Specially when navigating high speed traffic.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #9
jcharm

Actually I find visibility behind and to the sides to be fine. My mirrors are set properly so there is no blind spot. However parking and navigating near curbs is challenging for sure.

Regardless, the perception that there is a lack of visibility does play on your sub conscious.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:42 PM   #10
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
The LT1 does not include the tow hook, that only comes with the GM Track certified cars (SS and ZL1).

Nice pic!

Last edited by Memphis SS; 03-23-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #11
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
LT1 here also. One thing you WILL like is
with the M6 the cruise control will resume even after shifting gears! clever.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:51 PM   #12
mikec3104

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
The LT1 does not include the tow hook, that only comes with the GM Track certified cars (SS and ZL1).

Nice pic!
My LT1 came with a tow hook...just no place to put it.
mikec3104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharm View Post
Satin steel grey with Recaros, Dual mode exhaust sunroof and tech package - 6speed manual of course. I believe the order went in January 11th and I picked it out up on Friday March 19th if you’re curious. Was the longest 9 weeks ever of course.

I’ve been driving my girlfriend’s Volt since I turned in my Giulia in December and haven’t had a manual since my 2011 mustang GT. The drive home from the dealer was a combination of annoyance over the dealer being a little shady about the price and the feeling of remorse as the car hobby horsed its way down the 405 with me thinking I can’t see anything out these damn windows and these seats seem too tight and the why are headlights so bright in all my mirrors! LoL

It’s all good though. I grew a bit lazy with my last car and this somuch more engaging to drive. It’s an intense experience and a real sports car for sure.

Couple questions.

Best Bose sound settings? I actually turned the bass down a few clicks because it seemed too muddy

Do I have to make an account with Sirius to get full functionality? The settings button has a subscribe menu which seems wrong if I have a new car subscription.

Wow your LT1 is almost like mine! satin Steel was my 2nd choice. Pics?
Old 03-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
LT1 here also. One thing you WILL like is
with the M6 the cruise control will resume even after shifting gears! clever.

Eevery manual I've ever had, depressing the clutch kills cruise control, I do love how Chevy got this to work.