Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #57
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Relax Bumleb. If people here are objective enough to listen, they will and learn from what you went through. If they choose to be ignorant and ignore it, well, that would give you free reign to say, "I told ya so!" If you do happen to have the VIN number on your car, it might help explain a lot depending on how high or low your number is. If you could provide it, it could be most helpful in assisting those here in identifying the mechanical/electrical problem.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I didn't say you were BSing, it just honestly didn't make sense to me how it happened. I'm genuinely curious! Good luck though, hope it gets fixed quickly.
Well, get all the facts first before you start laying the smackdown bro. She's obviously upset, frazzled and disappointed. Take a chill pill man.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #59
Bumleb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
OK Everyone who doesn't believe me. I ordered my car, October 13th at around 10am, California time. It arrived Monday, April 20th. One day before the expected delivery date. Tuesday it was PDI'd and sent for the stripes. The stripes tore and were reordered. Then I just decided that I'm going to have the stripes painted one. Anyway. Took delivery of the car Friday night. Drove it appx. 10 miles and it just died. When I did drive it, it drove like a dream. I've been telling people it's the 3rd most perfect thing I've ever seen, 1st and 2nd being my two children. But next is this car. An absolute dream come true. Everything about it is perfect. Although I have to agree with some blogs, the seat belt strap does lay a little high on the left shoulder/neck. But, in regards to acceleration and fit, as I press on the gas pedal I fall back into the drivers seat. And it grips the road like super glue, it's great. Great handling and wonderful response. The Perfect Car!!! Aside from the minor issue of it not working at present.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #60
Bumleb

I'm farely new at this website. I am enjoying all the info. I didn't realize the vin would explain so much. 2G1FK1EJ9A9103025. What's in the Vin anyway? I do know that it was built on 4/3/09 at 9:54am.

I do apologize for being vauge in some senses. I am extremely frazzled. To have something of such magnitude and then have it ripped out of my hands. Sad to say the least.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #61
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumleb View Post
I'm farely new at this website. I am enjoying all the info. I didn't realize the vin would explain so much. 2G1FK1EJ9A9103025. What's in the Vin anyway? I do know that it was built on 4/3/09 at 9:54am.

I do apologize for being vauge in some senses. I am extremely frazzled. To have something of such magnitude and then have it ripped out of my hands. Sad to say the least.
It's fine don't worry about it.

People are asking about the vin so we can know what vin range of cars to look out for.

It might have something to do with cars built on the same day, but so far it seems to be an isolated issue, and not a very serious one.

thanks for sharing. Hope it turns out well.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #62
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Right, so the 2010 Camaro on a tow truck isn't outside a dealership? Stop whining.
My mistake. I mistook that for a picture of a Camaro arriving at a dealership. As I said before, I was never saying this was impossible, just unlikely. Unfortunately it seems that however unlikely it actually happened. I'd be throwin a fit if they didn't have the car back to me in perfect working order within a couple days.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #63
Bumleb

I hope I'm the only one. It sucks it had to happen to me, but..... I sure do hope that I'm the only one. And I pray it never happens again. I plan on putting my babies in the back seat... I live where it gets in the 100's in summer, can't be stranded, not an option.

Thanks for bareing with me. I posted to see if anyone else had heard of such an incident. I will absolutely, post what I find out. I should know something Monday morning.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #64
Bumleb

DevilKnightFalcoln, I'm from Phoenix originally. Love your plate to the the right of your signature. Did you get a personlized one?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #65
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:

Please dont let the few on here represent the majority. Some people tend to think that the Camaro does no wrong and if anybody sais something that they dont agree with then the person is a "troll". I'm sorry to hear about your car and I'm sure it will be fixed soon. There is nothing worse then having something brand new break down so soon. Oh, and the Mustang guys will have a field day with the pic of your car on the rollback!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #66
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Please dont let the few on here represent the majority. Some people tend to think that the Camaro does no wrong and if anybody sais something that they dont agree with then the person is a "troll". I'm sorry to hear about your car and I'm sure it will be fixed soon. There is nothing worse then having something brand new break down so soon. Oh, and the Mustang guys will have a field day with the pic of your car on the rollback!
oh so you weren't trolling back when you got banned?

please......
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #67
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Why is it so hard to believe a brand new car may have a problem? I didn't see what Bumleb has to gain by making this up. I would think he is just sharing what happened to him with us as a FYI. I hope I don't get this reaction if I post a legitimate post.

2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #68
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
We wish you good luck in your repairs. Everyone else who doesn't believe her can go away now.. I'm glad the car drove like a dream for the first 10 miles That is encouraging. You will enjoy painted stripes a lot better so it is a blessing they came in torn...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #69
Bumleb

Thanks for the defense Flynnaz. I wish it were fake, believe me.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #70
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
I hope I'm the only one. It sucks it had to happen to me, but..... I sure do hope that I'm the only one. And I pray it never happens again. I plan on putting my babies in the back seat... I live where it gets in the 100's in summer, can't be stranded, not an option.

Thanks for bareing with me. I posted to see if anyone else had heard of such an incident. I will absolutely, post what I find out. I should know something Monday morning.
Well, with a VIN in the 3000's, I would say it is definitely an isolated issue. Your car was not that early of a build. You'll have your car up and running again ASAP, but you might want to give the techs a good 2-3 days to do it right.

I have another question for you though. Does your car have those ugly brake calipers on them? Thanks!

Closed Thread