Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-24-2022, 12:31 PM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
BOV Placement

Hello everyone,
Question for all of the forced induction guru's. Is their pro's and con's to having a BOV on the intercooler end tank vs having it between the Blower and the intercooler? The ECS setup that I bought used on ebay is setup with the BOV on the end tank. The current setup that ECS sells however, has the BOV mounted on the intercooler piping before the intercooler. Is there a reason? Is one setup going to perform better then the other in a big way? Just wondering...
Attached Images

Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, X-pipe and Mufflers. Cold air inductions Cold air intake with JRE intake scoop mod. Tuned by Redline Motorsports. MGW Shifter. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR everything.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:08 PM   #2
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
The newer kits have a bigger intercooler then that one in your kit now. Other then that I don't know why they changed it
Old 06-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
I'd assume they changed location for packaging reasons, and maybe to fit a bigger Bypass/BOV. I just installed an ECS NOVI 2200 kit on a buddy's C5, and it has the bypass/BOV located on the intercooler end tank.

In my mind, I can't see where there would be any kind of operational difference, unless it was placed between the compressor and intercooler.

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote