Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #239
Blue Dragon

Drives: 04 ST1300, 05 ZZR1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
That's BS. Dealers had their (total) allocation numbers prior to/on Oct 13th. Why would they anticipate that allocation % V6/V8 would end up being dictated by how GM decides to produce them instead of how we ordered them? This is NOT the dealer's fault IMO. GM knew looking as the preorders flowed in over the past couple months that ONE THING WAS CONSISTENT=> 3:1 V8/V6

I'M THINK MORE LIKE 9 TO 1 V8/V6.............
Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #240
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
Two points:

1. What happened to, "production resumes Jan. 12?" and

2. Notice the production start has been moved back until AFTER GM has to give the feds its reorganization plan? What does that tell you?

Oh, nice cacth! Fishy
Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #241
Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Money in my dealer's bank, not mine. How long will I be loaning him $1000? (rhetorical question)

I ONLY CHARGED $500....
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #242
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Money in my dealer's bank, not mine. How long will I be loaning him $1000? (rhetorical question)
Mine has been gone for 7 months now! I could have invested it (altho i probably would have lost it LOL!)

In the end its not just the worry of my own car, but all this time its being delayed... with competitiors like the new Mustang (which sells plenty of V8s), the 370Z (which is priced at V8 level), the Challenger, at dealers now? They are screwing themselves....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #243
UncleBenny

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
This may rule the Camaro out for this year for me, or maybe for good. Lease is up in June and I need a new car. My plan was to get a Camaro this spring/summer and then buy a beater later on for winter driving. I'm not going to buy a Camaro in the Fall with winter right around the corner when I won't be able to drive it, might as well wait and have more cash for a down payment in the spring. So its either get a G8 GT or something in June, which is a very real possibilty, or get a beater for this year and get the Camaro next year. Just bad timing I guess, was really looking forward to the Camaro too. I can still hope a dealer happens to have a black 1SS sitting on their lot in June though.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #244
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
IMO, GM is ultimately at fault. They should have EASILY been able to see after the first week or two of pre-orders what the % makeup was heading towards. That was almost 3 months ago. Shame on them for not paying attention. THEY HAD THE INFORMATION.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
are you saying that Dealers should have know better than to place preorders knowing they didn't have the allocation to support it?
Yes!
I'm not trying to give GM a pass. But, in light of your quoted post. I'm thinking the Dealers were partially responsible for setting an unrealistic expectation with ordering customers, When GM had been consistent.

MVHO is that both are to blame. GM for not adjusting production numbers, which may not be possible at this phase of the game (I can concede that). And dealers taking orders for V8's and not informing the customer that they my be waiting... For a while.

Either way I'm glad I am waiting to order.

And quite frankly: With everything that GM is dealing with, I'm actually very happy with their ability to keep the Camaro moving forward. I'm thinking big picture here. But if this is the worst that happens while GM ramps up production, I'd say they're doing well. Now, for those that have to wait for the V8, I think you have a valid complaint.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #245
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
A small dealer may not even receive a V8 allocation in 2009. If you saw the IDL broadcast, you would see that GM's focus is solely the V6 cars.

Greg Sanders
EVS Chevrolet
Tell me if I got this right. A dealer has 6 allocations but the mixture of those 6 (v6-v8) is set by GM? If dealer was allocated 4 V6 and 2 V8 but pre-sold only 2 V6's and 4 V8 then the dealer would get the 4 V6s allocated by GM (ony two of which were pre-sold) and 2 V8s (out of the 4 pre-sold). So the dealer would be left with 2 V6's on the lot and 2 V8 pre-sold buyers still waiting on theirs?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #246
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
I would love to have an explanation of why V8's will be (ahem) "constrained". Where are the engines built? Stands to reason that there would be excess capacity right now in any GM engine factory, especially one building V8 mills. This is unbelievably aggravating and yes, disappointing. I was ready to see them (GM) walk up to the plate and knock one out of the park. Instead, we get monolithic, bureaucratic ARROGANT excrement. The fact that they have KNOWN about the percentage of V8's on order and have apparently decided to say "**** it" really, REALLY makes me wonder.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #247
macduff13

Drives: 2007 GMC Yukon
Now it's starting to make sense......If they have always planned on selling more V-6's than V-8's, is that why there are more options on the 6's instead of the 8's? It's like they spent alot of time putting all the bells and whistles on the v-6's (2LT) and you are lucky to get them to throw in some walkie talkies for a stereo in the SS's.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #248
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Man, you guys are getting too worked up over this, reading more into it than it is and in general, letting your blood pressure get all worked up over something that really isn't that big of a deal.

A 4 week delay isn't that big of a thing, people. It gives us time to save more money for the car, time for the roads to clear of snow and gravel, and time for GM to make sure this car is the best it can be at launch.

So it doesn't upset you that your SS could be one of the 30% pushed off til next year??????

Or that - in my case I gave my dealership a 1000 of my money to conduct a market research for a car they may now push till 2010...no I am sorry - when I placed the order it was on the premis that production and preorders would start 2009 on those cars within the allotment...my dealership still has allotments available so they have not over sold......sure they may have more V8's but again...this is a muscle car.

And now you get to wait....for god knows how long to get an answer on when your car will get a build date.???

No reason to get upset at all.....but I am very disappointed. Like many
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #249
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
and this discount thing you speak of, it gets applied to ALL camaro's from the getgo? so things like 0% financing, or 3,000 off, or GM employee pricing?!?! if thats true, my dealer is going to be upset thinking they are going to get me for MSRP.
You wish, only discounts like employee, supplier, and military. There are 10000+ bitching about getting their car, you think they are gonna give them away?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #250
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
i was just thinking.. as long as i wanna say ****gm... cuz i still do... i was thinking with the pushback of the v8s maybe well be able to get HUD and navis?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #251
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I will admit, my dealer told me straight out on 10/13 that GM is building V6 cars first and he anticipates that the first cars they will get will be V6's so don't be pissed if I see them showing up there, they are V6 Cars. However I did not at all expect to have the possibility of waiting till October either... A few weeks, even a couple months past the start (May or June the latest) I expected, being I'm first on the list. But who knows what the story really will be with this constraint, and that IMO is BS.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #252
Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Tell me if I got this right. A dealer has 6 allocations but the mixture of those 6 (v6-v8) is set by GM? If dealer was allocated 4 V6 and 2 V8 but pre-sold only 2 V6's and 4 V8 then the dealer would get the 4 V6s allocated by GM (ony two of which were pre-sold) and 2 V8s (out of the 4 pre-sold). So the dealer would be left with 2 V6's on the lot and 2 V8 pre-sold buyers still waiting on theirs?
THE DEALERS ALLOCATION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PRE-ORDERS(.)

ANY DEALER COULD HAVE SOLD AS MANY QUICKLY AS THEY COULD YOUR ALLICATION WILL START NEXT MONTH, BUT THERE WILL BE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL NO V8'S FOR A WHILE...............

PART OF THE PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOOD AVERAGE FUEL ECONOMY FOR THE CARS YOU SELL IN ONE YEAR....SO THAT ONLY LEAVES ROOM FOR SO MANY V8S!!!!

Closed Thread