Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2019, 05:18 AM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
$12 in Missouri without emissions. With emissions it's closer to $50 I think.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:29 AM   #16
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove38 View Post
Yearly safety inspection here in Texas is $14.50. $7 at the inspection station and $7.50 at the registration. You have to get the vehicle inspected before you can pay and get your license plates.
Some counties around the big cities also require the emissions testing.

this..

pisses me off it's the same price for my motorcycles, half the work for the inspection tech... should be half the price.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Nothing here in Oregon even the big city weirdos or Portland have ditched due to the long term study of how clean the air is SMOG tests, heck we can even replace the stock exhaust legally with headers...…..Sorry you have big City Liberal Big Gov't breathing down your neck so much...…..

Being a long time Gov't and varied agencies guy; this is how it works here In the USA; Big cities suck: they suck your brain matter and suck money from surrounding counties who are poor compared because people are not so stupid and don't vote taxes on themselves so some LIB can spend it on what ever they eventually decide as they repurpose $ to fit their agenda.... And big cities ruin the infrastructure of poorer areas a lot....

People with no dog in the fight spend other people cash and burden land owners with high taxes because of the stupidity of voting with out thinking it may raise their rent, and of course those greenies have to run in everything for everybody as LIB's love to kiss their arse for a vote just like illegals they would love to and do let vote illegally of course.....

But hey theres good work in the Prison system if the Gov't is not corrupt as heck and pays worth a crap not like in NY....only problem is the stress and being a vet helps to deal with it some like not having to kill people in the Infantry just babysit the Societies raised up what ever...… Anyway its the way, don't believe the main steam media they are so in the pocket of LIB's you know the usual stuff...…. And they want to control your bowel movements and their size, texture etc.... And yes I do gov't construction type work and have been in varied public works etc.....

OH yes and I forgot Teachers are usually Union fed Lib scum with giant ego's who pimp out kids for their Commie agenda and rewrite history, and Are always the first with their hand out the second a dime is in the Gov't coffers as Governors who won't do the will of the people need their votes....Yes I worked in Insane asylums, schools, MHDD institutions which are rare as heck now, public works, facilities, etc..... Stuck with Doing things with my hands with trades and trying to train inmates to grow up and work. Man I rambled on …..on this one..... Oh yes and BTW my daughters into Vegan Neuroscience ...YUP, but makes her living while into that money pit of Higher ED teaching music with Skills she honed from childhood over and over and over...…, the other step daughter just a web designer self supporting etc...thank god. Grandpa here....maybe great somedang day soon....
Old 10-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #18
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Nothing here in Oregon even the big city weirdos or Portland have ditched due to the long term study of how clean the air is SMOG tests, heck we can even replace the stock exhaust legally with headers...…..Sorry you have big City Liberal Big Gov't breathing down your neck so much...…..

Being a long time Gov't and varied agencies guy; this is how it works here In the USA; Big cities suck: they suck your brain matter and suck money from surrounding counties who are poor compared because people are not so stupid and don't vote taxes on themselves so some LIB can spend it on what ever they eventually decide as they repurpose $ to fit their agenda.... And big cities ruin the infrastructure of poorer areas a lot....

People with no dog in the fight spend other people cash and burden land owners with high taxes because of the stupidity of voting with out thinking it may raise their rent, and of course those greenies have to run in everything for everybody as LIB's love to kiss their arse for a vote just like illegals they would love to and do let vote illegally of course.....

But hey theres good work in the Prison system if the Gov't is not corrupt as heck and pays worth a crap not like in NY....only problem is the stress and being a vet helps to deal with it some like not having to kill people in the Infantry just babysit the Societies raised up what ever...… Anyway its the way, don't believe the main steam media they are so in the pocket of LIB's you know the usual stuff...…. And they want to control your bowel movements and their size, texture etc.... And yes I do gov't construction type work and have been in varied public works etc.....

OH yes and I forgot Teachers are usually Union fed Lib scum with giant ego's who pimp out kids for their Commie agenda and rewrite history, and Are always the first with their hand out the second a dime is in the Gov't coffers as Governors who won't do the will of the people need their votes....Yes I worked in Insane asylums, schools, MHDD institutions which are rare as heck now, public works, facilities, etc..... Stuck with Doing things with my hands with trades and trying to train inmates to grow up and work. Man I rambled on …..on this one..... Oh yes and BTW my daughters into Vegan Neuroscience ...YUP, but makes her living while into that money pit of Higher ED teaching music with Skills she honed from childhood over and over and over...…, the other step daughter just a web designer self supporting etc...thank god. Grandpa here....maybe great somedang day soon....
To our Manchester, England friend: the above is what a raging Trumpkin sounds like.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
No its the guy keeping you safe....Grunt.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #20
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
No its the guy keeping you safe....Grunt.
Expressions of anger against half of America don't make me feel safe.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #21
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
You can call me a raging trumpkin or whatever the heck else you want. I don’t give a crap. I love my freedom and I love my guns and I love my country. If you don’t like me, that don’t bother me a darn but. This is America, if you don’t like freedom go to your safe space and dream of liberal overreach.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 10-12-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:55 PM   #22
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo-D View Post
In the UK if you buy a new car it doesn't need any inspection until its 3 years old and then its every year after that, unless its really old then eventually it becomes exempt.

This test includes emissions, tyres, brakes, lights, suspension, etc etc and lasts about an hour and costs £55 [$68.95] and if it fails it costs half that again when you take it back within 14 days with any repairs done.

My friend who is a current MOT tester asked me what you do for anything similar in the US, is it yearly, thorough, how long does it take and how much?
I told him it would vary but he just wanted some idea.
Gordo, here in the States it really depends on what State you live in. Each state has it's own emission testing standards (California being the most strict), and some states do safety inspections somewhat similar to what you described (for example North Carolina). Emissions testing in Washington State (not DC) is around $15 but that's just testing emissions. I'd say for what you're getting, it sounds like a pretty good price, provided of course everything works. Last they you need is to brake down in one of those big traffic circles.

Oh, and sorry mate but Go Liverpool!
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:43 AM   #23
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for all the replies, it seems someone told him when they lived in the US there was no test [where they lived] and he just didn't believe them, evidently those places do exist!

Liverpool? Never heard of it.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:53 AM   #24
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Louisiana $10 a yr inspection sans emission test and registration depends on plate. I have personal plate so $130 every 2 yrs I believe?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #25
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
No inspections here in Michigan.

We do have to renew our license plates every year, but no inspections.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #26
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo-D View Post
Thanks for all the replies, it seems someone told him when they lived in the US there was no test [where they lived] and he just didn't believe them, evidently those places do exist!

Liverpool? Never heard of it.

If you lived in Liverpool, your Camaro would already be nicked. No testing required, any more.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:21 AM   #27
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
If you lived in Liverpool, your Camaro would already be nicked. No testing required, any more.

Harsh but fair.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote