Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
bigscaryhat

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
GM Tech 2 DIY Camaro PPS Recalibration

Hello,

I have a 2011 Camaro 1LT that is having the infamous Passenger Presense Sensor issue. It is currently throwing error code B0081.

I am wondering if this would be possible to attempt to reset the sensor, or recalibrate it with a Tech 2 before I bite the bullet and buy a new 400 dollar sensor.

I know that the Camaro uses the new MDI instead of the Tech 2, but I read elsewhere in this forum where users were able to get the Tech 2 to work with a 2010 Camaro by registering the tool as a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, however, they only had access to some of the modules.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to even use this tool with the 2011 Camaro, if so, will I have access to the SRS module to attempt to reset the sensor? Also, am I able to do the recalibration procedure myself with the tool, assuming I do have access to the SRS module?

I realize this is probably not possible, but I figured I would ask before taking my car to the shop.
bigscaryhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
DWALEX

Drives: Currently 2016-2SS, Future ZL1/Z28
The 2010+ use the GDS2 and require a GM MDI or J2534-2 equivalent
Old 04-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
bigscaryhat

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
Thanks for the reply!

I know that the 5th Gen Camaro needs the GDS2 with the MDI, but I read on here in this thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46555) that some people were able to get the tech 2 to work with a 2010 Camaro. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this, since that thread is 6 years old :(
bigscaryhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, camaro, tech2