Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #2171
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Not a chance lol
What are you talking about Kyle............. this is a direct bolt on, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_ERIC_* View Post
Hey guys, been avidly watching this thread recently. This company called Duspeed in Australia makes these for the GTO. A buddy of mine who has a GTO showed it to me and I automatically thought of you guys. Thought I'd share. They also make these in CF as well as for the Commodore VE. You may have to custom mount a MAF as these cars don't use one.

Here's a link to their site:http://www.duspeed.com.au/7/otr/

Keep up the good work!
Thanks and thanks for posting! There are definitely some cool stuff coming out of NZ and AU!

Can't wait to get the new intake!

Quick update:

Received three packages yesterday Stop Tech brakes ( go to suspension thread for details: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=285800&page=9), billet trunk and hood hinges, more ARP bolts.

I will log the weight different vs the OEM later. Of coarse we can't leave well enough alone, as we will be disassembling, polishing, black anodizing and replacing bolts with ARP also.

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  108.5 KB

I though would be my last batch of ARP bolts but I am replacing all the bolts on the hinges, LOL.

I don't want what I'm going to state next contrived as bragging as thats not my style. This is more as informative as I couldn't have imagine it myself when we first started project G5.R. I added up the cost of all the ARP bolts and there's over $3,000 just for bolts! I never reealized some of the build projects I'd seen had that kinda of money just in bolts!

Name:  018.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  211.8 KB

We are replacing the bolts on the Hammer-Head diff with these 12 point stainless studs. Frank is shipping back to us this week

Name:  019.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  148.7 KB

Stay tuned for more updates shortly.

Last edited by Moreno1; 06-25-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #2172
Moreno1

Kinda feel weird today. I guess I'm getting a little antsy after 19 months of not being able to drive my car. I think it' might be wearing on me. I found myself feeling a little envious reading about members that have just placed an orders for headers and how excited they are. I'm thinking that they are going to be able to enjoy their car with their new mod and here I am trying to figure what size dry-sump tank I could fit in the trunk and what calls I need to make tomorrow.

I guess I'm just feeling a little tired today. No biggie, I'll get over it.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #2173
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Kinda feel weird today. I guess I'm getting a little antsy after 19 months of not being able to drive my car. I think it' might be wearing on me. I found myself feeling a little envious reading about members that have just placed an orders for headers and how excited they are. I'm thinking that they are going to be able to enjoy their car with their new mod and here I am trying to figure what size dry-sump tank I could fit in the trunk and what calls I need to make tomorrow.

I guess I'm just feeling a little tired today. No biggie, I'll get over it.
Slap that bitch back together and start enjoying her... you still get the for your build...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #2174
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Wow...seems odd to do all that work to cut weight and then you put in a bunch of dynamat?

Maybe I missed it, but is this a performance street car, or track beast?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #2175
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
It's all your fault Nathen! Lol! At first, I really didn't care about my enjine bay, but after following Nathens thread I had to do something! I started out with the heater hose relocate, then some other things! Just recently completed the Holley valve covers with ARP Bolts, Evap hide, intake and fuel rails ARP'd, Coils and Throttle body ARP'd! I know it's not much but it's something! Thanks Nathen for your awesome work and inspiration! Here is a few pics!
More mods on the way!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #2176
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #2177
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Hang in there Nathan. You'll be happy when its all "done" and you can enjoy it. Stay the course
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #2178
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Ox View Post
It's all your fault Nathen! Lol! At first, I really didn't care about my enjine bay, but after following Nathens thread I had to do something! I started out with the heater hose relocate, then some other things! Just recently completed the Holley valve covers with ARP Bolts, Evap hide, intake and fuel rails ARP'd, Coils and Throttle body ARP'd! I know it's not much but it's something! Thanks Nathen for your awesome work and inspiration! Here is a few pics!
More mods on the way!
Blue great work so far! Keep it up Can you please get me a pick of the entire bay to add to our montage on the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012REDSS View Post
Hang in there Nathan. You'll be happy when its all "done" and you can enjoy it. Stay the course
Thanks RED for the reminder! Took my eyes off the finish line for a momet but back on track

Quick update:

Spent the day with Cris at JCG. Here are a couple of pics of the billet replacement check off valve. Much nicer that the plastic unit. It will have a -6 AN fitting to the a bladder line to the intake.

Name:  021.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  98.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
A new single tank reservoir would be great, one with a separate yet integrated/attached clutch reservoir would be even better. I'd be all over that.
Synner, you must have been peeking into our head. That's exactly what we are going to do. First step will be to do cad drawing.

Stay tuned.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #2179
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any updates on that OTR intake?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #2180
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Any updates on that OTR intake?
It took a few extra days to ship as we they had to make one just for us without the two holes for the vacuum lines intended for the Holden. As soon as we receive it, we will post pics and do a DIY of the install. We are really excited about the intake as is going to compliment the build perfectly. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Moreno1; 06-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #2181
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post

Synner, you must have been peeking into our head. That's exactly what we are going to do. First step will be to do cad drawing.

Stay tuned.
Great minds think alike. Although my shopping list is already rather extensive for this fall. Not sure how much more I will be able to get before divorce papers get served. Started ordering oil/radiator cooler parts. Probably going to wait another month before doing valvetrain and wheel orders. Spending more on wheels than I wanted to because Forgestars are now out due to limited sizes/colors and I want max width. A shame because I would have done CNC'd heads if I could have gotten forgestars. Maybe I can do clutch line and reservoir in the spring before racing season.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #2182
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Great minds think alike. Although my shopping list is already rather extensive for this fall. Not sure how much more I will be able to get before divorce papers get served. Started ordering oil/radiator cooler parts. Probably going to wait another month before doing valvetrain and wheel orders. Spending more on wheels than I wanted to because Forgestars are now out due to limited sizes/colors and I want max width. A shame because I would have done CNC'd heads if I could have gotten forgestars. Maybe I can do clutch line and reservoir in the spring before racing season.
LOL,

Synner, you might want to hold off on ordering cooler for just a bit. Once I receive the intake, I'm going to run to Derale (they are in LA) and get all my coolers from them, motor, trans diff and PS. Perhaps we can brain storm together on sizes, etc. I just need to wait to see how much real estate we have left infront of the rad after installing the intake.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #2183
Synner

Drives: cars
Motor and trans I'm already committed, PS and diff I'm all ears. Although for the diff I'm seriously considering waiting for the Z28 setup and then putting a remote mount fan operated setup in the rear of the vehicle due to space issues. Eventually I will grenade the rear but hoping it lasts me til my next deployment, LOL.

Although now that you've gone so far off the deep end what works on yours may not work on mine since I haven't utilized a sawzall on any sheetmetal. Plus my credit card isn't even silver, it's more like iron ore. Whereas yours is triple platinum.

For oil I'm doing a 19 row extra-wide Earls with -10AN fittings. I went with the Improved Racing thermostat adapter as well. Trans will be flexalite to help with the budget. I could have gone away from the tube/fin for more efficiency in a smaller package but for the price and included brackets I can't pass it up. I might start monitoring PS fluid temps this season and go from there.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #2184
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
nathan, can you update my enigine pic? thanks
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote