Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #29
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Rented a V6 'stang vert a month ago, and was surprised to find the vinyl top - and no back window switches in the car.
There's nothing worse in 21st Century automotive than a vinyl top.

Mustang convertible back-window switches are the side-window switches held down a little longer.
(just FYI, in case anyone else rents one )
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrGump View Post
I want to thank everyone's, either positive or negative response. I'm the type of person who likes as much info as possible and based on that I formulate my own opinion. And, as I learned after +24 years USCG service, opinions are like belly buttons....everyone has one!
Because of these forums I took my vert to the local dealer to establish a first time relationship. I had them check out the top...no problems so far, and to investigate a mystery noise under the vehicle around the exhaust. (As a side note I never heard the "rattle" noise...thank you US Government for dampening my hearing capability....my wife is the one who insisted that it was there.) Because of these forums I went in knowing there was a TSB issued concerning this noise. I never mentioned the TSB knowledge but waited for them to figure it out and they did.
I'll pick the car up today if the streets stay dry.
If there is an issue after that, I'll go back.
v/r,
FG
Good attitude you have there. Thanks for your service. My Son is in the Airforce. He's been in since 2001.
Out Camaro is now going on 11 months since we bought it and almost 12,000 miles now. The recently it has been wonderful top down driving weather. I keep a close eye on my top and so far nothing really to report other than a few wrinkles and creases. I would guess I have cycled the top close to 800 times now. Just be aware of where problems usually crop up first and look them over once a week or so...
Enjoy your Convertible. I know my wife and I have enjoyed ours.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrGump View Post
I want to thank everyone's, either positive or negative response. I'm the type of person who likes as much info as possible and based on that I formulate my own opinion. And, as I learned after +24 years USCG service, opinions are like belly buttons....everyone has one!
Because of these forums I took my vert to the local dealer to establish a first time relationship. I had them check out the top...no problems so far, and to investigate a mystery noise under the vehicle around the exhaust. (As a side note I never heard the "rattle" noise...thank you US Government for dampening my hearing capability....my wife is the one who insisted that it was there.) Because of these forums I went in knowing there was a TSB issued concerning this noise. I never mentioned the TSB knowledge but waited for them to figure it out and they did.
I'll pick the car up today if the streets stay dry.
If there is an issue after that, I'll go back.
v/r,
FG
Thanks for your service!

And glad to hear everything is fixed with your vehicle. Feel free to contact us anytime with your inquiries.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Only had mine a month and see nothing to worry about. This forum has made me more vigilant though and I notice I don't have the steel tension cord. Had some heavy rain and no issues there yet either. Regardless I'm under warranty. I'm hoping it does crap out in a year or two so I can get all of the latest revisions. That said, a 47 thousand dollar car should not have these issues, period! I buy a lot of new cars and know my dealer wil stand up for any issues. I spent close to 90 grand there last month as I bought my wife an Equinox too.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #33
vanlieremead
Chris

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Jewel Red 6.2L Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Love that color, your car is awesome, the desert background really sets it off! I had a choice of two IBM verts, one with tan top and beige leather or the black and I opted for the black as it is more subtle with the IBM. But your tan top really works!

Have admired your car on other posts, almost thought of trading in for your color on a 2013, but doing the trade-in math nixed that deal! Perhaps a 2015 Vette in that color....

Best regards,

Tony
Hi Tony,

Thanks - its Jewell Red and is no longer in production. Crystal Red is made now which is pretty close. I love the Vette idea too. Really wonderful cockpit. But the Camaro seems to fit me really well and the ride is just fantastic. I still get comments on the car.

I always have loved the beige tops. I almost got white with beige but opted for this one. Here's another picture.

Also, happy Mother's day to everyone! Take your mom out in your Camaro if you are still lucky enough to have her.

Chris
Attached Images

vanlieremead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlieremead View Post
Also, happy Mother's day to everyone! Take your mom out in your Camaro if you are still lucky enough to have her.
If you're lucky enough to have BOTH.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #35
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
There's nothing worse in 21st Century automotive than a vinyl top.

Mustang convertible back-window switches are the side-window switches held down a little longer.
(just FYI, in case anyone else rents one )
Cool - thanks, Michael! I was surprised they would not put any in, goes to show I should have read the free manual. :-)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Well in two days we will have had ours for 11 months. It turned over 12,000 miles yesterday while driving with the top down. I don't think that one month has gone by that I haven't gotten to put top down at least once. I have enjoyed every minute of top down driving. I don't let other people's top problems effect my use of this wonderful car. If something happens to the top in the next two years or 24,000 miles I will deal with it then...
Keep the top down and the smiles up and enjoy it!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #37
pannhead51

Drives: 2SS convertible
My 2013 2SS vert is at the dealer right now for the 5th bow, but I still love the car ...more so while it's still in it's warranty period.
pannhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Angrybird 12!

So happy to hear you are enjoying your vehicle! Love the pictures! It's a great looking vehicle. Please let us know if you ever have any questions. We are here to help!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well in two days we will have had ours for 11 months. It turned over 12,000 miles yesterday while driving with the top down. I don't think that one month has gone by that I haven't gotten to put top down at least once. I have enjoyed every minute of top down driving. I don't let other people's top problems effect my use of this wonderful car. If something happens to the top in the next two years or 24,000 miles I will deal with it then...
Keep the top down and the smiles up and enjoy it!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #39
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Nothing to be afraid of if something goes wrong have it fixed. I had a crap load of top problems but stuck it out and glad I did!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #40
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Now I look at every convertible top, make and model not withstanding. I have seen the same conditions with Mustangs, and their tops seem to be much smaller in area. Point is, some tops are like new, others, not so much. Was at Dollar car rental the other day at the airport in Ohio, they had 6 Mustang convertibles in a row and 5 had perfect tops and one that looked like the cat crapped it out. ha.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #41
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
6 weeks, 2400 miles, cycled maybe 60 or 70 times. Looks perfect. I wonder if climate has an effect. Here we are dry most of the year. Humidity never above 20% and usually under 10.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #42
gearheads78

Drives: 2014 RS / SS M6 Vert
I am a service adviser at a large dealer in the Dallas area and the reality is other than a few tops I had to replace early on I rarely see issues with convertibles (or 5gens in general for that matter) I just picked up a 12 SS vert and other than the fact it's quiet as mouse and a turd power wise I love it. I have mine running and sounding right soon enough.
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote