Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #99
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
I was expecting so much more. A little disappointed.
No, wait, really, it gets bigger. I promise.

I wonder if that thing has an SFI number. Should would make it cooler for summertime racing!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #100
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
No, wait, really, it gets bigger. I promise.

I wonder if that thing has an SFI number. Should would make it cooler for summertime racing!!!
Just Wrong with a capital W
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #101
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
You might think about tranny upgrades while the motor is being built. A stock A6 isn't going to like 700 ft lbs just over idle. You'll like it though
Yep, going to be doing some trany work as well!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #102
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
11:1 scares the crap out of me on a boosted motor even with a good tune, hope you are running good fuel lol.
The short block will be set up with 11:1 pistons. We will be using a set of LS9 head gaskets which will result in a CR of about exactly what the LS3 is at 10.7:1. With a 416 stroker and a maggie, I think this will be ideal. Will have GREAT out of boost performance and also the higher compression should help the Maggie make boost a bit easier and not need to spin it to the max to get it.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #103
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Hey, wanna see my 9 second camaro?

Thats one image I could have lived without EVER seeing!!!

More to come!!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #104
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Yep, going to be doing some trany work as well!!
Can you get specific on what's being done to the tranny? I'd like for my nest ride (Camaro or Vette) to have an A6. At least in the Vette world, the A6 still seems to be a mystery. Just when you think one is going to work, you hear about it being removed for further upgrades. I HATE that. For me, working on stuff just isn't as fun as it used to be. I'd rather be driving the hell out of it
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #105
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Can you get specific on what's being done to the tranny? I'd like for my nest ride (Camaro or Vette) to have an A6. At least in the Vette world, the A6 still seems to be a mystery. Just when you think one is going to work, you hear about it being removed for further upgrades. I HATE that. For me, working on stuff just isn't as fun as it used to be. I'd rather be driving the hell out of it
The original JRE built trans lasted 150 very low 10 and high 9 second passes in a 4200 lb car. When they took it out there was some wear on one of the clutch packs. They have new idea that came about that they wanted to try but for all the abuse my car takes if it needs a refresh every year then so be it. That's not what Ted wants to see but time will tell. On a car seeing the strip a few times a year it would last forever.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #106
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thats one image I could have lived without EVER seeing!!!
Haha!! You know that's your new screen saver!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #107
Fiftydriver

Quote:

Have no idea!! LOL

Ted at JRE will be taking care of that for me and as Supercharged SS stated, on a street car, Teds reworked trany will last forever!!

More to come!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #108
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Haha!! You know that's your new screen saver!
I build precision, ultra performance long range rifles for a living. Pretty sure that may have just become my new standard target that I tape to my 1000 yard range. It will be perfect, at that range I will not be able to see it until I put the scope on it and then the only thing I will be able to think is "SHOOT THAT DAMN THING!!!"

Thanks for giving me nightmares all week at least!!!

More to come!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #109
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I build precision, ultra performance long range rifles for a living. Pretty sure that may have just become my new standard target that I tape to my 1000 yard range. It will be perfect, at that range I will not be able to see it until I put the scope on it and then the only thing I will be able to think is "SHOOT THAT DAMN THING!!!"

Thanks for giving me nightmares all week at least!!!
You'll need some killer aim to hit that little target!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #110
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/6l...arts_6l90e.htm

I run the Phoenix. This will give you a general idea. Blake is to retarded to update the parts list or data (since he knows the car went 9.80), so it doesn't include any of the updates that JRE does.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #111
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
curious on the reasons behind the concern on this as an ls2 is 10.9:1, an ls3 is 10.7-10.8, an ls7 is 11:1, and the new 5.0 coyote is 11:1 right from the factory, yet tens of thousands of these engines have superchargers on them with failures being extremely rare, and only occurring with poor tunes, or too high of boost pressures.
I understand what you are saying but if I'm building a motor to hold a lot of horsepower and run a good amount of boost 15-18psi on pump gas I would rather have the CR around 9.5:1.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #112
Fiftydriver

Who said anything about running 15-18 lbs of boost. THere is likely no way in hell that my maggie would be able to produce that level of boost without all the upgrades and I am not going with those. THis is a street car and I am looking for 10-12 boost range max.

More to come!!