Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
LilyAnna

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX 2LT
Unhappy HELP! Gas Smell under the hood

Recently got myself a Camaro 2013 V6 LT. Everything was going good until one day I was leaving for work in the morning and my engine could barely start, ran for a few seconds and died. I called the mechanic who was able to get it started (barely kept it running with a strong raw gas smell and white unburned fuel vapor coming through the exhausts).

He drove it to the shop 2 blocks away, the diagnose was:

- 2 stuck open injectors

We changed all 6 of them as we were told the remaining 4 were not in optimal condition anymore and could fail soon.

I got the car back from the shop yesterday morning drove it a bit and all seemed fine, drove it today to pick up some food and got the raw gas smell coming through the vents about 5 blocks away from home, as soon as I got home the car jerked as I was trying to park and started to die on me (strong raw gas smell again, no sign of white fuel vapors this time as of now) I decided to shut it down and haven’t tried to run it again.

Now I don’t believe injectors are the issue as they’re all new. Any ideas? Please be kind, I’ve had the care for barely 3 months and it was my dream to have.
LilyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #2
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Did your mechanic replace the high pressure fuel feed lines? There should have been 2 that he would have had to disconnect in order to replace the injectors. These HAVE to be replaced if disconnected.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
LilyAnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
Did your mechanic replace the high pressure fuel feed lines? There should have been 2 that he would have had to disconnect in order to replace the injectors. These HAVE to be replaced if disconnected.
Our mechanic is a family friend so I honestly rarely question what he did (never had issues with him). I'll be seeing him today and ask if he replaced those, on a personal note... Can you advise why these must be replaced? I am just diving into this world and I'm not very savvy.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
GM states that whenever the high pressure feel lines are disconnected, they must be replaced or leakage may occur
Old 03-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
LilyAnna

Understood, thank you for the info