Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
What do you think the pros and cons are of these colors?

I have narrowed down my color choice to 4 picks. My Camaro will either be Black, Cyber Gray Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, or Aqua Blue Metallic.

My reasons for eliminating the other colors were as follows:

Victory Red- Higher insurance with red, attracts cops
RJT- Just not my color, really
IBM- VERY similar to my current car's color
IOM- Didn't like how it looked red-ish in some pics, not orange enough
Summit White- Gets dirty easily, too dull for me
Rally Yellow- Again, just not for me

So in your opinions, what are the pros and cons of Black, CGM, SIM, and ABM?

I'm leaning toward ABM because I think the streets will be flooded with Blacks, CGM and SIM Camaros. But still not sure. Your thoughts?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Personally black would be my favorite but it's a head ache. ABM is nice but it kinda dulls down the agressiveness. Silver will be a dime a dozen and CGM is gonna look flat. The positive side. Black looks meanest and sleek when clean. CGM will be the second most aggresive benifits of black without the negative. ABM is the only color that really pops out of these and silver is the easiest to keep clean
Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Black is too hard to keep clean. It looks great when it is, but only for about a day.
CGM is going to be a nice looking color, but you will have to wait a bit to get it.
SIM, I have a feeling there are going to be a ton of those because of the concept car.

I vote for ABM for you!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I'm leaning toward ABM because I think the streets will be flooded with Blacks, CGM and SIM Camaros.
That was my exact thought, too. Good luck making your choice!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Black is by far the most popular choice... I'd say followed by SIM.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
fsuredneck

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang
from what i read, what seems to be a good combo for you would probably be CGM with black rallys. maybe throw on some black chrome wheels later on.
fsuredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsuredneck View Post
from what i read, what seems to be a good combo for you would probably be CGM with black rallys. maybe throw on some black chrome wheels later on.
I was thinking that too. Because I want a color combo that pops, while still giving the Camaro the aggressive look it's meant to have, but also classy.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
I'd suggest seeing the IOM in person if you were leaning that way at all. Pictures are just pictures, everyone's camera and monitor are adjusted differently so the color won't ever be true
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
ABM pops in the sun, and under cloudy/overcast conditions still looks great, but takes on a different hue, and essentially, the car almost has two personalities. Probably one of the easier ones to keep clean as well.
My Lazer Blue Metallic Cobalt SS SC has paint that does this, and a lot of people thought i had two cars for awhile, because the paint changes so much from dawn to dusk!

And just so you know, you can't get a good picture of IOM. I seen it in person, and only ONE picture on this board somewhat accurately represents it. If you haven't seen it in person, you have to see it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
r.i.p.01slpss

Drives: 01 camaro ss (R.I.P) 92 RS
I agree on th IOM. I have seen it in person and trust me, Its very orange with a little pearlescent effect to go along with the metallic. The ABM is the same way.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I say ABM, for the same reasons I said in ArcAngel's thread... black, silver, and cyber grey all remind me of being in a black & white movie. There are sooo many of those colors/variations on the streets... now, throw ABM into the mix, and you stand out instead of blending in!

Based on the pics we've seen, I think ABM looks INCREDIBLE. It is a definite eye-pleaser.

Black is my second choice, although I've owned 3 black cars already... they look REALLY nice right after you wash them! But, as someone mentioned, that doesn't last long... maybe a day or two. And you will see every single spec of dirt... especially when it rains. When people say black is hard to keep clean, that is VERY true... this is my 3rd black car.

Cyber Grey looks too "blah" to me, though I like the metallic sparkle.

And Silver Ice... there are just too many! Although I think SIM w/ CGM rally stripes would look good. It would at least stand out against the plain silver cars a little.

I had a blue truck that was a similar color to ABM a while back... I don't remember what it was called. It was a 2000 Dodge Dakota though. After that, I had a 2002 Dakota, but they got rid of that color... I had to go with the dark blue (kinda like IBM). Then after that I got a black Stratus coupe, and now my current car is black... but I always miss that blue that I had before, so that's what I'm going with. The metallic silver stripes are going to look amazing against ABM!

If Jetstream Blue was available, I would get that for sure... but ABM is close enough for me
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
If you are worried about attracting attention (from law enforcement or anyone else), then color will not matter as you will be driving a 2010 Camaro and EVERYONE will be directing their attention toward you.

As others have stated, black is a pain to maintain after the first year or so. In that year's time, you will likely pick-up a fair number of "spider web" or micro scratches due to particles in the air rushing over the car when you are driving and washing it (use the two-bucket method as it helps greatly reduce this). Silver looks like it hasn't been painted. Summit White is not a dull color; it's bright and does a good job hiding dirt and those micro scratches. The downside is that the paint does not look have that wet look or a lot of depth to it compared to the darker colors.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
^ Well put. My Z28 is black. It's the first and last black car I will ever own. I've always used a separate wash and rinse bucket and clean sponges and chamois but I have tons of those micro scratches. Luckily they only show up under certain light. Lighter colors are definitely easier to care for, but I like the reflections a darker color gives off. My next car may be dark, but it sure won't be black.

I've even seen small scratches from washing on a new Corvette that was in the showroom.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
IOM is much better in person. It does not look red, it is orange. Rally yellow and ABM are also colours that you have to see to appreciate.

Silver Ice didn't do much for me when I saw it, though like every other silver it shows the lines very well. And black tends to hide them. Cyber gray, we haven't seen one so I can't say anything. But IBM is my favorite
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote