Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #295
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
guys... unless someone else need another video i will stop testing.. sorry but at this rate my tires are going to be done in two weeks... God this car is fun to drive with a functional power train... again thanks to idealg ..
Glad you love your cart again bro you and I have been on the same thread for awhile. I want to try this but i'm afraid it won't work now. My grind is at slow RPMs now but mostly down shift I rarely grind at high rpm now. Still notchy as shit though so who knows what say you idealg
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #296
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Have a 2010 SS can i get a price
to 37042?????
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #297
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
mine shifts great i just have the clutch return problem , probably going to add the gto clutch tank, just wondering how hard it will be not to get air in the lines.

but i see this could fix the problems ppl r having by increasin the volume of fluid to disengage the clutch.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #298
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponbigi View Post
Glad you love your cart again bro you and I have been on the same thread for awhile. I want to try this but i'm afraid it won't work now. My grind is at slow RPMs now but mostly down shift I rarely grind at high rpm now. Still notchy as shit though so who knows what say you idealg
I can't say for sure that it will fix your problem, Is your clutch fluid clean? have you ever had it flushed out? how many miles are on your car? These are all questions going through my head. First thing i would do is have someone flush the clutch fluid so its clean and new.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #299
Fubar

Drives: SW 2SS/RS M6
Subscribed.....
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #300
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
Quote:
Do you double clutch downshift? If not maybe you wore out the synchros. Also, have you changed to a full synthetic trans fluid? That will help low rpm shift feel too.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #301
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
It cant hurt.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #302
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Video update!!

Ok guys here's the videos i promised for installing the master cylinder and bleeding it. I'm not a hollywood actor and trying to remember what i wanted to say while in front of the camera was a challenge. I think i pretty much covered the important stuff and if you can't figure out how to do it after watching the videos then you shouldn't be attempting to do this at all. Take it to a shop and have them install it.

couple of things I forgot to say , the ratchet wrench is for getting the bolt with the nut out easier. The pick is for removing the clip on the lower line of the master cylinder if you don't have finger nails, and if your thinking you can use a vacuum hand pump on the bleed to get the air out your wrong it won't work don't even bother. It will just suck air at the bleeder threads.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
also if someone could bring up the vids for me that would be great, i don't know why i can't get them to load on this computer.

within the next few days i should have the first batch of cylinders ready to ship and i will post an update.

http://youtu.be/l8vacHyCInw

http://youtu.be/txlMf92EX4k
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #303
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
I can't say for sure that it will fix your problem, Is your clutch fluid clean? have you ever had it flushed out? how many miles are on your car? These are all questions going through my head. First thing i would do is have someone flush the clutch fluid so its clean and new.
No I have not had it flushed. Short story. At 5000 or so miles I started getting high rpm shift grind at 5500 rpm or higher first it was intermittent then became daily at lower RPMs. I took it in they replaced forks and synchros and also replaced 1st and 2nd gear. About 3 months and 6000 miles later started all over again. this time GM district service engineer refused to allow repair and still has too this date. So now at 43k miles been driving with grind was really bad now really only appears on down shift. Clutch feels loose and has a very low rate of return. Compared too my gfs manual Camaro on hers there its alot of kickback. I'm sure there its internal damage however it's still notchy.

Im going to try the pressure plate route with service department
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #304
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
No I have not had it flushed. Short story. At 5000 or so miles I started getting high rpm shift grind at 5500 rpm or higher first it was intermittent then became daily at lower RPMs. I took it in they replaced forks and synchros and also replaced 1st and 2nd gear. About 3 months and 6000 miles later started all over again. this time GM district service engineer refused to allow repair and still has too this date. So now at 43k miles been driving with grind was really bad now really only appears on down shift. Clutch feels loose and has a very low rate of return. Compared too my gfs manual Camaro on hers there its alot of kickback. I'm sure there its internal damage however it's still notchy.

Im going to try the pressure plate route with service department
get the fluid flushed while your there. make sure they flush the whole system and not just the reservoir
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #305
camarorick

Drives: .
Thanks for the vids ! I have a couple of questions...

1- When you're bleeding the system, do you always have the bungee attached ?
2 - What is the inside diameter of the hose ?

3 - In what order will you be shipping these out

Any chance you could post a pic of how the hose looks attached to the bleeder in the SS ??
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #306
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Thanks for the vids ! I have a couple of questions...

1- When you're bleeding the system, do you always have the bungee attached ?
Yes the bungee is attached the whole time your pumping because the pedal will get stuck to the floor. its just a back saver for when your in the car on the lift.

2 - What is the inside diameter of the hose ?
Good question never thought of that, we just grab any vacuum hose in the shop that will fit snug onto the bleeder tip. the one i used was 3/16 inside diameter.

3 - In what order will you be shipping these out
It's going to be first come first serve on the first batch i'm going to sell out quickly and I only have 21 of them. I'm still waiting for the others to get here. i'm hoping to fill the gaps with core exchanges but we'll see. when they are ready to ship after the first batch is sold out who ever else has paid for one will be next in line.

Any chance you could post a pic of how the hose looks attached to the bleeder in the SS ??
I don't have any pics of this and my car has a remote bleeder so I can't take a pic of it on mine. its pretty straight forward the hose fits snug over the tip of the bleeder its just used during bleeding so you don't make a mess and so you can see the air bubbles in the clear bottle.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #307
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
So I have about 2000 km on my the new master still works like a charm...
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #308
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
So I have about 2000 km on my the new master still works like a charm...
good to know , thanks for reporting