Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
2013 zl1 at Sturgis Camaro Rally

My daughter Sheena and I are at the 2nd annual Sturgis Camaro rally this weekend. When we finally got to the hotel this afternoon we were surprised to have a 2013 ZL1 camaro park next to us. It is summit white with a black hood insert? its vin number is 21. It is a Ctf shipped in from the proving ground so that its driver wouldn,t have to drive some icky airport mustang. As we had just returned from washing our car Stormy B. we still had wet rags and proceeded to wipe all the mustang crumbs off of its chin. I know where are the photos. I brought my camera as I promised the rest of the Camaro Club of the Rockies members who couldn,t come i would go on photo overload. I forgot the cable to down load them to my laptop. Sorry. Maybe monday. I will ask the other ccotr.org members if they brought one. Oh yeah its driver is non other than the Fbod Father Scott S. O yeah the My touch nav screen is very cool. Well worth the wait. At the Q & A session I personally asked Scott when the 2013s would ship and he said they have already started shipping.. More tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Was it a black hood insert or grey? The 13's are supposed to have a grey insert. If its grey I would like to see a PIC of it.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
b_williams_82

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #142
13's have shipped but I don't believe 13 ZL1's have.

1100, (04/25/12): 2000, (05/21/12): 2500, (5/22/12): 3000, (5/22/12): 3100, (5/31/12): 3300, (5/31/12): 3400, (6/7/2012): 3800, (6/15/2012): 4000, (6/15/2012): 4104, (6/15/2012): 4106, (6/19/2012): 4150, (6/19/2012), 4200, (7/16/2012), 4300, (7/18/2012), 4B00, (6/15/2012) , 5000, (7/25/2012)
6000, Delivered to the customer (8/2/2012)
b_williams_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
My daughter Sheena and I are at the 2nd annual Sturgis Camaro rally this weekend. When we finally got to the hotel this afternoon we were surprised to have a 2013 ZL1 camaro park next to us. It is summit white with a black hood insert? its vin number is 21. It is a Ctf shipped in from the proving ground so that its driver wouldn,t have to drive some icky airport mustang. As we had just returned from washing our car Stormy B. we still had wet rags and proceeded to wipe all the mustang crumbs off of its chin. I know where are the photos. I brought my camera as I promised the rest of the Camaro Club of the Rockies members who couldn,t come i would go on photo overload. I forgot the cable to down load them to my laptop. Sorry. Maybe monday. I will ask the other ccotr.org members if they brought one. Oh yeah its driver is non other than the Fbod Father Scott S. O yeah the My touch nav screen is very cool. Well worth the wait. At the Q & A session I personally asked Scott when the 2013s would ship and he said they have already started shipping.. More tomorrow.
Yeah. well "Scott" or Fbod father said the 13's shipped over a week ago too, only to find out he was talking about all the other camaros, not the ZL1's, I was talking about my ZL1 in a Zl1 forum. My mistake, I said 13 camaros and he said the camaros were shipping. :( I find the riddles and the 3 tracking web sites that all give misinformation not very funny considering those that have commited to a ZL1 all have 60 plus K on one and we are GM loyal for the most part.

Last edited by BAD ZL1; 06-30-2012 at 02:56 AM.
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Was it a black hood insert or grey? The 13's are supposed to have a grey insert. If its grey I would like to see a PIC of it.
It is not grey it is black.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
I thought the black insert was discontinued.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
cosmoZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 "Scarlett", 6 spd. Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
Yeah. well "Scott" or Fbod father said the 13's shipped over a week ago too, only to find out he was talking about all the other camaros, not the ZL1's, I was talking about my ZL1 in a Zl1 forum. My mistake, I said 13 camaros and he said the camaros were shipping. :( I find the riddles and the 3 tracking web sites that all give misinformation not very funny considering those that have commited to a ZL1 all have 60 plus K on one and we are GM loyal for the most part.
Bad ZL1,

Again your frustration is evident. Pretty much all of us have the same disease. Just think of it as Chevrolet making you a custom all your own. Making it perfect. Fbodfather and the rest of the build team care enough to send you the best car they possibly can. Imagine you love these cars as much if not more than anyone (probably more) and try to keep your fellow Camaro enthusiasts informed... Yet you have the entire site hanging on your every word. He probably has to not only watch what he says so he is not misunderstood, but he also works for the people who manufacture this car. Its a wonder he posts at all. A great deal rests on his every word. Bet he loves his job too. To be a BIG part of the Camaro that he is? I'd give my left ..uh..eye teeth, to be a part of the team. Again, Not troll mail, but another way to say thank you to ALL WHO MAKE THIS THE BADDEST CAMARO EVER!!!
cosmoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoZL1 View Post
Bad ZL1,

Again your frustration is evident. Pretty much all of us have the same disease. Just think of it as Chevrolet making you a custom all your own. Making it perfect. Fbodfather and the rest of the build team care enough to send you the best car they possibly can. Imagine you love these cars as much if not more than anyone (probably more) and try to keep your fellow Camaro enthusiasts informed... Yet you have the entire site hanging on your every word. He probably has to not only watch what he says so he is not misunderstood, but he also works for the people who manufacture this car. Its a wonder he posts at all. A great deal rests on his every word. Bet he loves his job too. To be a BIG part of the Camaro that he is? I'd give my left ..uh..eye teeth, to be a part of the team. Again, Not troll mail, but another way to say thank you to ALL WHO MAKE THIS THE BADDEST CAMARO EVER!!!
Yaeh yeah yeah, just get me my car....(joking)...I hear you loud and clear...
Old 07-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
It was great to see you and Sheena - and THANK YOU for wiping the 'Mustang Crumbs' off of the front fascia! I'd requested a 'clean-up' kit, but then found that we shipped the car directly from the Milford Proving Grounds. I hope you had as much fun as I did at Sturgis!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
I thought the black insert was discontinued.

It was - and a good catch! This is a very early 2013 -- and thus the black insert rather than gray.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post

BadZ - I'm sorry - but I've been travelling on business and am trying to take a vacation day or so now and then. We have started shipping 2013 Camaros and I am not aware that we're holding all 2013 ZL1s. Now - being that I'm out of the office, I may have missed something. You can be assured that I've sent an email asking if we are.

That said - yes, I'm sorry that you are still awaiting your 2013 ZL1 -- but I also truly believe that once you get behind the wheel, you'll be simply amazed.

Let me set the record straight: I do not come on this site -- or any other site -- and purposely 'riddle' anyone.

I DO come on this site and post stuff -

...........only to have every vowel/number/word deciphered 60 ways to Sunday - meaning that no matter what I say, someone's going to:
>change it
>modify it
>get mad
>spin it
>question it
>contest it
>add their thoughts to it and in doing so distort it....
>etc.etc.etc.etc..........

I'm thankful that you have chosen a ZL1 over nearly 400 other nameplates - but I must remind you that the person who has a $24,000 Camaro 1LS on order must remain just as important as the person who has a $60,000+ ZL1 Convertible (or a $115,000+ Corvette ZR1) on order. Because you see - the person who may only be able to afford the 1LS may be just as passionate about his/her new 'dream Camaro' as you are about your ZL1. I don't mean to take your business lightly - I do not. But I don't take ANY Camaro Enthusiast's loyalty or business lightly........

What I will not apologize for: Holding any Camaro at the assembly plant for a quality issue. Yes - I'm sorry that we do this at times, but I won't apologize for "why" --

The reality of the Auto industry today is this: Each automobile has more than 20,000 parts -- most of which are produced by outside vendors/suppliers. If something isn't right, we're going to hold onto a car or a group of cars if we find that something isn't right. Are we 100 percent accurate in finding every problem?

No.

I wish we were.

I also know that no other manufacturer is at 100 percent - and while that gives me a pittance of comfort (....not really.......) I -- and the rest of 'Team Camaro' want to be the best. We want you to take delivery of your new Camaro and be so happy that you go to sleep at night with a silly grin on your face.

That's the truth, my Camaro Comrade.

We will not be happy until that's a reality.

The ZL1 is a magnificent car. Don't take my word for it. Ask those who have taken delivery of one. It's very desirable - and that means that they aren't as available as everyone would like. That means that each of us must wait. (case in point: none of us on the Camaro Core Team are able to purchase a ZL1 -- unless we find a dealer that's willing to give one up.....meaning we must wait in line just like everyone else!)
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #13
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
BadZ - I'm sorry - but I've been travelling on business and am trying to take a vacation day or so now and then. We have started shipping 2013 Camaros and I am not aware that we're holding all 2013 ZL1s. Now - being that I'm out of the office, I may have missed something. You can be assured that I've sent an email asking if we are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

First, thank you for responding to my post that I mentioned you in. I know exactly what it is like to work long hard hours, and to try and get a day off once in a while myself. You have no reason to be sorry for working hard and taking a vacation day now and then. Thank you for sending an email asking if GM is holding all the 13 ZL1's. My dealer did his best to relay what little info he has access to on my car, I don’t hold him at fault for that.

That said - yes, I'm sorry that you are still awaiting your 2013 ZL1 -- but I also truly believe that once you get behind the wheel, you'll be simply amazed.

I already know that I will!

Let me set the record straight: I do not come on this site -- or any other site -- and purposely 'riddle' anyone.

I DO come on this site and post stuff -

...........only to have every vowel/number/word deciphered 60 ways to Sunday - meaning that no matter what I say, someone's going to:
>change it
>modify it
>get mad
>spin it
>question it
>contest it
>add their thoughts to it and in doing so distort it....
>etc.etc.etc.etc..........

I asked about shipment of MY13 Camaros, and you said MY13 Camaros have shipped. What I meant to ask about was the ZL1 on a ZL1 forum, but I did not clarify that. I mentioned in my post that I had made a mistake, and that you did not. My riddle comment was my frustration, and I do apologize for my emotion.

I'm thankful that you have chosen a ZL1 over nearly 400 other nameplates - but I must remind you that the person who has a $24,000 Camaro 1LS on order must remain just as important as the person who has a $60,000+ ZL1 Convertible (or a $115,000+ Corvette ZR1) on order. Because you see - the person who may only be able to afford the 1LS may be just as passionate about his/her new 'dream Camaro' as you are about your ZL1. I don't mean to take your business lightly - I do not. But I don't take ANY Camaro Enthusiast's loyalty or business lightly........

Good, I feel the same. I have no doubt that you or anyone on your team takes customers of your great product lightly. No need to remind me about the importance of the person who has a 24K Camaro 1LS. I have been that person all of my life until now. This is my reword to myself at this point in my life. This is the one and only car that I will buy that is this high end until die. I have owned all GM products, 2 used, 3 new....Nothing cost me over 24K until now, and I am proud and feel very lucky that I have worked myself into this position.

What I will not apologize for: Holding any Camaro at the assembly plant for a quality issue. Yes - I'm sorry that we do this at times, but I won't apologize for "why" --

I am happy that GM takes this kind of care with a car like this for its customers. As I mentioned, I am very inexperienced purchasing a car that is so rare and in demand. My previous GM orders were all within my hands within 6 weeks from time of order. My inexperience is shining through big time I think.

The reality of the Auto industry today is this: Each automobile has more than 20,000 parts -- most of which are produced by outside vendors/suppliers. If something isn't right, we're going to hold onto a car or a group of cars if we find that something isn't right. Are we 100 percent accurate in finding every problem?

No.

I wish we were.

I also know that no other manufacturer is at 100 percent - and while that gives me a pittance of comfort (....not really.......) I -- and the rest of 'Team Camaro' want to be the best. We want you to take delivery of your new Camaro and be so happy that you go to sleep at night with a silly grin on your face.

That's the truth, my Camaro Comrade.

We will not be happy until that's a reality.

Thank you sir for the post. I don’t want to make an assumption, but I am pretty good at placing my foot in my mouth as is evident. I conclude that some part from an outside vender may not be up to GM's spec. I thank you for ensuring your cars are sent out as close to perfect as you can get them. The silly grin part, well, just knowing I have one built has already started that for me.

The ZL1 is a magnificent car. Don't take my word for it. Ask those who have taken delivery of one. It's very desirable - and that means that they aren't as available as everyone would like. That means that each of us must wait. (case in point: none of us on the Camaro Core Team are able to purchase a ZL1 -- unless we find a dealer that's willing to give one up.....meaning we must wait in line just like everyone else!)
I think GM should let your team purchase the ZL1's that you drive. I know the rules don’t allow, but they should.

Again, thank you for responding to me. I have learned a lot from your posts, and I appreciate the info. I realize you don’t have to do this, and constantly feel like you have to defend yourself. That was not my intention even though I came off that way. I just want my car because I know that grin will be something else.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
Oz ZL-1
Mach 5

Drives: 13 ZL1 IOM #115 87 Grand National
BAD, you're just frustrated like the rest of us so hang in there!! Its like your trying to date the prettiest girl on campus and you are stuck watching her from a far!!

My '13 is VIN #115 produced in the first wave of ZL1's before production stopped for summer break. Can't wait to see some photos of the 13s.... body color fascia, etc.

OK now, lets get back to the Sturgis thread, any good stories fbodfather??
Oz ZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote