Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #169
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
There are two things that work.As long as the brake and clutch aren't pressed at the same time it wont activate,as well if you put the parking brake at the 1st click,even if the clutch and brake are pressed at the same time,it wont activate.I tried it today while trying to go over the frwy.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #170
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
The service technician at the dealership confirmed that it is the longitudinal accelerometer
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #171
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Thanks, bandit, had it backwards.

Probably more information than necessary, but there might be something in here that somebody finds useful (Brake & Front End is a monthly independent automotive repair industry magazine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake & Front End site
ABS + ESC: Diagnosis of Accelerometers and Yaw Sensors

Accelerometers measure gravitational pull in gravitational force or G-force. Some cars will have one or two sensors depending on sophistication of the system. Some systems group the accelerometers in a sensor cluster. The typical sensor may cost $400 to $800.

Lateral/Transverse
These sensors are typically found under the center console near the vehicle’s center of gravity.

Your scan tool will read the sensor output in G-force or G. A typical road vehicle will be able to corner around one G. Single-seat race cars can corner at 4- to 5-Gs. Most production car accelerometers have a limit of 4-Gs.

Longitudinal
These sensors measure braking and acceleration. This can be used to determine how hard the driver is accelerating or braking. Longitudinal sensors can also be used to calculate the angle of the vehicle for hill holding.

It is very difficult and even dangerous to drive the vehicle and look at the readings from an accelerometer. You will see only minor movement in the sensor.

The best way to measure the performance of an accelerometer is to rotate it 90 degrees. When a lateral accelerometer is rotated 90º, it should read 1-G. When a longitudinal sensor is rotated on its end, it will read 1-G. This is because gravity is equal to 1-G.

Most accelerometers are wired with three wires. These include a 5-volt power, ground and signal wires. The signal wire will vary the voltage from 0-5-volts depending on G-force.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #172
KlugSS

I just received my 1le last friday. I have messed with the HSA, it works flawlessly if you know how to drive a manual.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #173
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
I just received my 1le last friday. I have messed with the HSA, it works flawlessly if you know how to drive a manual.
Im not being an ass,but take a look at post #73.This thing DOES NOT WORK FLAWLESSLY!!!!!! and im pretty sure i have been driving a manual a lot longer the you.Again this thing has no business being on a "High Performance sports car"!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #174
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
You've had the car less than a week and you make this statement that those of us who are experiencing issues with HSA and have been driving standards for 20+ years don't know how to drive a manual????? Really?!?!?

Last edited by fgg60; 05-29-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: grammer
fgg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #175
Allgrey

Drives: '13 AGM/1SS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Pretty sure the consensus is pretty clear. HSA works okay IF you DON'T know how to drive a manual well. Do you dd your 1le? Do you dd your 1le on any sort of hills in congested southern Cali? If the answer is yes to both, then we must meet and you can show me how to drive without it being a pia.
Allgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #176
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
I think the best I can give you there is that your individual car works "flawlessly" for your own personal hand and foot timing.

I'm betting that you aren't trying to drive off as per sequence 3 posted earlier (more or less, clutch out to or just past the friction point before getting the throttle involved, and yes this is a very reasonable way to "drive stick"). No flame intended, I'm just old enough to be somewhere between blunt and downright crotchety about this topic.

That said . . . I have heard rumors that HSA intrusiveness was being dialed back for 2014, so maybe that snuck in as a running production change. That's as far as I'll go to concede that it might be getting better. And no, it still wouldn't be good enough for me. "OFF" means not even a little bit "ON".

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #177
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Im not being an ass,but take a look at post #73.This thing DOES NOT WORK FLAWLESSLY!!!!!! and im pretty sure i have been driving a manual a lot longer the you.Again this thing has no business being on a "High Performance sports car"!
What does length of driving time with a manual have anything to do with knowledge? Anyone with 10+ years shouldn't be questioned.
This is a camaro, I wouldn't call it a HIGH performance Sports cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
You've had the car less than a week and you make this statement that those of us who are experiencing issues with HSA and have been driving standards for 20+ years don't know how to drive a manual????? Really?!?!?

Again it works absolutely flawless on mine. Not a single complaint, no tire spin, brakes release the exact moment it needs too. Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgrey View Post
Pretty sure the consensus is pretty clear. HSA works okay IF you DON'T know how to drive a manual well. Do you dd your 1le? Do you dd your 1le on any sort of hills in congested southern Cali? If the answer is yes to both, then we must meet and you can show me how to drive without it being a pia.
I have put 2,000 miles on mine since last friday. I daily it so far and i live in an area with severe hills, hell it activates in my own driveway when I let my girlfriend out before i pull into the garage.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #178
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I think the best I can give you there is that your individual car works "flawlessly" for your own personal hand and foot timing.

I'm betting that you aren't trying to drive off as per sequence 3 posted earlier (more or less, clutch out to or just past the friction point before getting the throttle involved, and yes this is a very reasonable way to "drive stick"). No flame intended, I'm just old enough to be somewhere between blunt and downright crotchety about this topic.

Norm
After reading your last couple posts, i could see how some people that are either a) still driving the same way they drove 20 years ago or b) simply being to ***** footed to drive the car properly.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #179
cornerspeed92

Quote:
What does length of driving time with a manual have anything to do with knowledge? Anyone with 10+ years shouldn't be questioned.
This is a camaro, I wouldn't call it a HIGH performance Sports cars.

Again it works absolutely flawless on mine. Not a single complaint, no tire spin, brakes release the exact moment it needs too. Perfect.

I have put 2,000 miles on mine since last friday. I daily it so far and i live in an area with severe hills, hell it activates in my own driveway when I let my girlfriend out before i pull into the garage.
I disagree,there is a little emblem in the engine compartment that says"GM HIGH PERFORMANCE"that wouldn't be there on a lesser model.The ZL1,1LE.Z28,are hot rods!!!!!!!!there is no dispute on this issue.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #180
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
After reading your last couple posts, i could see how some people that are either a) still driving the same way they drove 20 years ago or b) simply being to ***** footed to drive the car properly.
What's this "new" style of driving a manual you are referring to? Burning up the clutch in 10,000 miles with HSA engaged?

I prefer to keep my 20 year old driving style, than to have some sissy car nanny try to drive it for me.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #181
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I found out today this stupid crap holds the trailer brakes on my 2012 silverado 3500. Holds the truck and trailer brakes for 3 seconds no matter what the hell I do.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #182
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
What's this "new" style of driving a manual you are referring to? Burning up the clutch in 10,000 miles with HSA engaged?

I prefer to keep my 20 year old driving style, than to have some sissy car nanny try to drive it for me.

Michael
Why would the clutch burn out? I have never had to ride my clutch to get going.