Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Kelster

Drives: Many
Oregon governor trying to ban aftermarket auto parts

Stand up and be counted, Oregonians. This is just the first step down a path we can't let our lawmakers (in any state) follow.

Email your state representatives or the governor and tell them this is NOT a good idea!

http://autoblognews.com/oregon-intro...ket-car-parts/

My brother who lives in Wash races and does so about half the time at Portland Raceway so even tho it's not me racing, I still feel this affects me, since I go watch him race when I can.

Ayn Rand

Last edited by Kelster; 02-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Kelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
They also want to put GPS receivers in all vehicles and the drivers will be taxed when they fill up based on the number of miles they have driven. They are trying to figure out what to do when they start losing money in gas taxes because of new CAFE standards. Cars will be required to getting higher gas mileage thus reducing tax revenue. This was reported last week and I am pretty sure it was Oregon. May have been Washington state.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Ad Wizard
Risking Life and Limb

Drives: K5 Blazer
Link no worky

But not to worry - SEMA and other performance part manufacturers will aggressively fight this with their leagues of lawyers and lobbyists.
Ad Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Kelster

link fixed, sorry

Ayn Rand
Old 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
mcernik

Drives: Rally Yellow SS/RS VIN # 3931
They'll probably sneak that into the porkulous oops I mean stimulus bill because it will help the economy and create jobs. Ohh did I say that out loud?
mcernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
Kelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernik View Post
They'll probably sneak that into the porkulous oops I mean stimulus bill because it will help the economy and create jobs. Ohh did I say that out loud?

Ayn Rand
Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
They already are screwing us in WA... There is a noise ordinance... and well... completley subjective, If the police see anything other then a stock looking exhaust tip they can pull you over for breaking the noise ordinance...

So my Subaru... that has a Subaru Performance Tuning exhaust... made by Subaru for my Subaru.. its part of my cars warrenty... I get pulled over for breaking the ordinance, even though they can provide any Db readings...

so OR... welcome to the game.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Pac. NW sucks. I lived out there for years. Their just pissed cause nobody pays any attention to them. I remember in 96 while living in Auburn WA (30 min. south of Seattle) I visited my wifes family in Louisiana and they had never even heard of Jay Buhner.

No wonder nobody wants to be there. ie. Griffey, A-Rod, Johnson................
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelster View Post
Stand up and be counted, Oregonians. This is just the first step down a path we can't let our lawmakers (in any state) follow.

Email your state representatives or the governor and tell them this is NOT a good idea!

http://autoblognews.com/oregon-intro...ket-car-parts/

My brother who lives in Wash races and does so about half the time at Portland Raceway so even tho it's not me racing, I still feel this affects me, since I go watch him race when I can.
How can they do that? The automakers only keep making replacement parts for 10 years. Somebody has to make them.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
They also want to put GPS receivers in all vehicles and the drivers will be taxed when they fill up based on the number of miles they have driven. They are trying to figure out what to do when they start losing money in gas taxes because of new CAFE standards. Cars will be required to getting higher gas mileage thus reducing tax revenue. This was reported last week and I am pretty sure it was Oregon. May have been Washington state.
I believe most everything already has GPS receivers....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Wow that is some scary stuff, makes me glad I live in VA.
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinva View Post
Wow that is some scary stuff, makes me glad I live in VA.
I just wished we didn't have those damn front tags!
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
I believe most everything already has GPS receivers....
He means in order for the government to track your vehicle and the number of miles you've driven.

The proposed legislation would tax people according to how many miles they drive, and not according to how many gallons of gas you use. The only way to know how many miles someone has gone is to be able to physically know where your car has been.

I can see this idea very quickly being shot down when everyone cries foul about invasion of privacy. This is just about the equivalennt of the government putting an ankle bracelet on every American.

Not gonna happen.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
They have the same kind of Laws in Calif & Parts of NV. They have been trying to do it here in washignton state but we had a car club group that would fight it but the group went under a couple years ago.

AS for the noise thing lol, I laugh I dont live in those counties so if they pull me over for driving my husbands 71 camaro, its funny I normally tell them their laws dont stick with me because I dont live in that area & didnt know anything about it. lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote