Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
I just want to upgrade from the oem stuff already installed, basically street and some strip.
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon21 View Post
I just want to upgrade from the oem stuff already installed, basically street and some strip.
I'd give Jordan at JDP a call. but sounds like an upgraded set of rotors and better pads, stainless steel lines and better fluid would be about right.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Thanks for the support guys!

Decepticon21, Feel free to give us a call tomorrow. We can talk about your goals and budget and get you setup with just what you want to fulfill your needs.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Thanks for all the help everyone
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #19
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Hi. I'd like to revisit this thread.

I have a 1LE with the 4 piston brembos. I enjoy the occasional track day and want more braking power.

Had an Audi S4 than ran 11.39s (yes, monster) and installed AP Racing brakes. It'd pop your eyeballs out when stopping. But the brakes rubbed something fierce and I've, therefore, become somewhat suspect of certain aftermarket mods. But I loved how fast the S4 would stop. In the 1LE I'm afraid I'm going to run over someone.

In the 1LE I'm stock but have added Super Blue Racing fluid.

Of course I'm thinking about stainless steel brake lines. And I'm considering cooling ducts. But I'm, frankly, not convinced this will make that much of stopping distance improvements.

Not withstanding all the above threads, I'm really not clear on what the logical recipe should be to achieve on-the-dime stopping power. Can anything be done keeping the stock rotors and 4 piston brembos? Currently I feel like I need to stand on the brakes and I dislike that feeling immensely. Will the steel lines, ducts and race fluid be enough?

Thank you in advance.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
racing brake has a whole kit coming out. rotors, lines, fluids, pads, front calipers.
Any time frame? I'm guessing this will be a bit pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
It's really going to depend on what you want to do with the car, street driven, track days, show car, etc. Then we can give some better advice, if you have a budget that will barrow it down some more. I personally am considering the CTS-V upgrade because I found a good deal for the kit.
Where did you find your deal?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #21
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Hi. I'd like to revisit this thread.

I have a 1LE with the 4 piston brembos. I enjoy the occasional track day and want more braking power.

Had an Audi S4 than ran 11.39s (yes, monster) and installed AP Racing brakes. It'd pop your eyeballs out when stopping. But the brakes rubbed something fierce and I've, therefore, become somewhat suspect of certain aftermarket mods. But I loved how fast the S4 would stop. In the 1LE I'm afraid I'm going to run over someone.

In the 1LE I'm stock but have added Super Blue Racing fluid.

Of course I'm thinking about stainless steel brake lines. And I'm considering cooling ducts. But I'm, frankly, not convinced this will make that much of stopping distance improvements.

Not withstanding all the above threads, I'm really not clear on what the logical recipe should be to achieve on-the-dime stopping power. Can anything be done keeping the stock rotors and 4 piston brembos? Currently I feel like I need to stand on the brakes and I dislike that feeling immensely. Will the steel lines, ducts and race fluid be enough?

Thank you in advance.
The Camaro is a very heavy car so it takes a lot to slow them down. Better pads, Lines, fluid and ducts will definitely help a lot, but if you road race the car (which judging from your Avatar you do), then larger calipers pads and rotors are really your best bet. I suggest checking out our CTS-V brake upgrade. Our kit is very afordable when compared to other big brake kits and comes with everything you need for the swap including front and rear pads, Stainless steel brake lines, hardware and even fluid!

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Any time frame? I'm guessing this will be a bit pricey!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297306

apexs thread about them... that package is a steal

racingbrake links
http://www.racingbrake.com/Camaro-SS...-p/2138-pu.htm