Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #29
DSX Tuning
 
Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2/2019 Corvette ZR1
Join Date: May 2017
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 312
That system looks really nice. The fact that the discharge tube is a silicone hose means installation is probably significantly easier. I don't get impressed very easy!
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #30
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX Tuning View Post
That system looks really nice. The fact that the discharge tube is a silicone hose means installation is probably significantly easier. I don't get impressed very easy!
It was much easier than my friends ProCharger piping. I did mine alone.

My shortblock came to me in a dream last night and begged me to start off with the largest pulley. Good thing I listened. With the 110mm pulley, I did some part throttle driving to make sure everything looks good before I book the tune.

I know HP Tuners isnt an exact HP/TQ measuring tool, but its always been close. Ive never seen more than 655tq from my Vortech V3. With only 6.5 psi from the G3 blower, I’m already seeing 647tq at 4700rpms, 75% throttle. Local temps in the 80s right now, and iats only a few degrees above ambient. That blower is barely working yet.
Attached Images
 
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.

Last edited by eLeSthree; 12-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #31
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
The tune is booked for Monday night.
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #32
17ssazul
 
Drives: 17 1ss
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: MD
Posts: 5
??? Results???
17ssazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #33
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
ESS Tuning G3X Supercharger

UPDATE 12/18/18

Knowing I was going in for a tune on a dynojet, I wanted to get a baseline on a dynojet. So I took my car in to the local dynojet for 3 baseline pulls. I had heard that the dyno I originally tuned the car on, reads higher than others.

On this dynojet, with the same exact setup as my first post (711/638), the car made 657/618. This is the closest baseline I could get.

Since then I've added the DSX Flex Fuel Kit, DSX Aux pump kit, and the ESS Tuning G3X supercharger. Since its completely new, here are some specs on the unit:

SKF Ultra Precision Ceramic bearings,billet impeller, patented oil distribution system, extreme precision gears (made by Boeing APU gear manufacturer). 4.3:1 gear step up and capable of 75.000RPM. At 75,000 rpm, it flows 2000cfm. It basically has less physical footprint and substantially lower weight than a Vortech V3, but it will absolutely crush it in power capability and torque band width. It is big blower power in a small, lightweight package. It is also internally lubricated, and only requires service every 20,000 miles. I am currently only spinning this unit to 55,000rpms.

I filled the tank with E85 (actually 60% ethanol) and Edgar (dsmlights) made it all come together in just a few pulls. With E85, 14.5 degrees of timing we found the comfortable limit of my fuel injectors. It made 808whp and unfortunately we didnt display the torque values. However I was logging torque in HPTuners, and it reported 814 peak. (but thats an estimated crank value).
[disregard the commanded afr and error. I didnt change my charts for the E85 fueling]

When ESS Tuning sent me this very nice blower, they also sent a few pulleys. 110mm, 105mm, 100mm. I just wanted to mention that I was running the largest pulley they sent. 110mm. This is the lowest boost setting I could run... and its in block splitting territory.

This blower has absolutely transformed the car. It is insanely fast for me. With 275/40/20 MT ET Streets, second gear has almost become useless.
It hits just as hard initially as the V3, but pulls like crazy up in the higher RPMS. Its just nuts! Check out the boost curve in white.

This new G3X blower will be available as an upgrade for the ESS Tuning SC kits fairly soon. Email ESS and ask them for details. I gained 151whp from this blower and E85. It's worth the money.

Also gotta say DSX makes great products. My Fuel Pressure is solid. Best bang for the buck fuel system.
Attached Images
   
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #34
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
Did I mention you DONT have to tap the oil pan?! Really easy to install.
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #35
racesloth
Dan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Georgia, USA not the other one
Posts: 977
I have to say - I wish I knew about this kit when I bought a Vortech YSI kit. Seems much better engineered. I like the belt wrap and the extra idler pulley that ESS runs.
__________________
Dan

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #36
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 15,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
I have to say - I wish I knew about this kit when I bought a Vortech YSI kit. Seems much better engineered. I like the belt wrap and the extra idler pulley that ESS runs.
It was not available when you bought your kit
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #37
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 15,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
UPDATE 12/18/18

Knowing I was going in for a tune on a dynojet, I wanted to get a baseline on a dynojet. So I took my car in to the local dynojet for 3 baseline pulls. I had heard that the dyno I originally tuned the car on, reads higher than others.

On this dynojet, with the same exact setup as my first post (711/638), the car made 657/618. This is the closest baseline I could get.

Since then I've added the DSX Flex Fuel Kit, DSX Aux pump kit, and the ESS Tuning G3X supercharger. Since its completely new, here are some specs on the unit:

SKF Ultra Precision Ceramic bearings,billet impeller, patented oil distribution system, extreme precision gears (made by Boeing APU gear manufacturer). 4.3:1 gear step up and capable of 75.000RPM. At 75,000 rpm, it flows 2000cfm. It basically has less physical footprint and substantially lower weight than a Vortech V3, but it will absolutely crush it in power capability and torque band width. It is big blower power in a small, lightweight package. It is also internally lubricated, and only requires service every 20,000 miles. I am currently only spinning this unit to 55,000rpms.

I filled the tank with E85 (actually 60% ethanol) and Edgar (dsmlights) made it all come together in just a few pulls. With E85, 14.5 degrees of timing we found the comfortable limit of my fuel injectors. It made 808whp and unfortunately we didnt display the torque values. However I was logging torque in HPTuners, and it reported 814 peak. (but thats an estimated crank value).
[disregard the commanded afr and error. I didnt change my charts for the E85 fueling]

When ESS Tuning sent me this very nice blower, they also sent a few pulleys. 110mm, 105mm, 100mm. I just wanted to mention that I was running the largest pulley they sent. 110mm. This is the lowest boost setting I could run... and its in block splitting territory.

This blower has absolutely transformed the car. It is insanely fast for me. With 275/40/20 MT ET Streets, second gear has almost become useless.
It hits just as hard initially as the V3, but pulls like crazy up in the higher RPMS. Its just nuts! Check out the boost curve in white.

This new G3X blower will be available as an upgrade for the ESS Tuning SC kits fairly soon. Email ESS and ask them for details. I gained 151whp from this blower and E85. It's worth the money.

Also gotta say DSX makes great products. My Fuel Pressure is solid. Best bang for the buck fuel system.
We wish you left the E-85 out of the equation so we can see back to back blower comparison.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #38
stevieturbo

 
Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Norn Iron
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
I have to say - I wish I knew about this kit when I bought a Vortech YSI kit. Seems much better engineered. I like the belt wrap and the extra idler pulley that ESS runs.
Belt drive looks same as ECS's stuff, and certainly would be my preferred setup too vs tensioning the more common way.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #39
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
I have to say - I wish I knew about this kit when I bought a Vortech YSI kit. Seems much better engineered. I like the belt wrap and the extra idler pulley that ESS runs.
I recieved my kit on Jan 25 2018, and the Ysi option was available at that time for $500 more. The billet was more I think. Not sure when you purchased yours. However the new G3,G3X and G4X are not currently available, but will be soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We wish you left the E-85 out of the equation so we can see back to back blower comparison.

Ted.
Yea, well tough cookies. Lol. Use your imagination and subtract 50whp. I still picked up 100whp on the biggest pulley. Nothing against my last tuner, but their dyno consistently reads 50hp higher than the dynojets around here. Im sure if I went back to Howard it would have made 850 and id look like a hero, but im only concerned with the gains.

And the car feels absolutely insane, nasty snarling bitch. Its just mad. I love it now. I dont even go past 6000.

I dont plan on running 93 as it sits Ted. We backed the timing down another degree and it made seven-seventy-ish, and called it good. We’re real close to hurting some rod bolts, and I’m using the e85 as a safety margin. If I had a forged shortblock we could have pulley down and made 20psi.
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 15,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
I recieved my kit on Jan 25 2018, and the Ysi option was available at that time for $500 more. The billet was more I think. Not sure when you purchased yours. However the new G3,G3X and G4X are not currently available, but will be soon.


Yea, well tough cookies. Lol. Use your imagination and subtract 50whp. I still picked up 100whp on the biggest pulley. Nothing against my last tuner, but their dyno consistently reads 50hp higher than the dynojets around here. Im sure if I went back to Howard it would have made 850 and id look like a hero, but im only concerned with the gains.

And the car feels absolutely insane, nasty snarling bitch. Its just mad. I love it now. I dont even go past 6000.

I dont plan on running 93 as it sits Ted. We backed the timing down another degree and it made seven-seventy-ish, and called it good. We’re real close to hurting some rod bolts, and I’m using the e85 as a safety margin. If I had a forged shortblock we could have pulley down and made 20psi.
What is the boost comparison?

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #41
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
What is the boost comparison?

Ted.
Not equal. V3si was 10.5# G3X was 14.5#
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #42
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,511
its not an “all things equal” comparison like you may have done in the past. I think everyone knows the v3 and v7 are in different leagues. I unfortunately cant show the full potential of the G3X, but there is another guy running one of ESS’ blowers in a C6, that is absolutely insane.
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.