Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #71
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I still haven't gotten the car to shift into any gear higher than 4th when going from D to M... Tried it this last trip I went on this last weekend, got up to 90 doing down a hill and put it in M, shifted into 4th.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #72
Juan8463

Drives: 2013 Black V6 Auto. Chevy Camaro Ls
I bought a 2 ls just because of the gas mileage. But I didnt know the gear ratios were at all different but thanks for the explanation but is there anyway that I could change that or make my time just like the older 2ls?? And does that mean the 2014 camaro that gets better gas mileage will get a slower 0-60 time? Because I wanted to make my car as efficient on gas but as powerful as possible...
Juan8463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #73
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Do you think it's to adjust the under hood temp, or for aerodynamic reasons?

Hopefully someone with a 1LS will chime in and let us know if that lower grille is open or closed. If I had to guess, I'd say the 2LS is the only one with the modified grille. If the 1LS has it, then it would seem more like cosmetic product/trim level differentiation than a performance change.
I just noticed it this morning and yes the 1LS bottom grill is open a lot more open. The bottom grill is not as big as the SS but nonetheless it is bigger and more opened than the 2LS.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #74
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
I just noticed it this morning and yes the 1LS bottom grill is open a lot more open. The bottom grill is not as big as the SS but nonetheless it is bigger and more opened than the 2LS.
Thank you for confirming. It must be for aerodynamic advantage.

Wonder how it affects the use of a cai scoop, like the ADM/JRE/Apex models, that draw air through that grille.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #75
iamatanker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
2FullGarage::: Just a quick question? Will adding a CAI to my 2013 2LS void my warranty????? Thinking of getting a K&N CAI
iamatanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #76
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
This has all been said before but im sure many people are still not aware of this. Also I didnt read any comments but im positive they made 2ls available before 2012
Yup my 12 was brought in 2011. Bro
Old 10-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #77
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamatanker View Post
2FullGarage::: Just a quick question? Will adding a CAI to my 2013 2LS void my warranty????? Thinking of getting a K&N CAI

HEK KNOW!!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #78
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.I CAN DRIVE NY LFX 2012 IN TAP SHIFT MODE LIKE A BaT OUTTA HELL..NO MAX GEAR CRAP JUS WHIP IT LIKE A MANUAL.I CAN GO 80 IN 2ND GEAR IT WONT CHANGE GEARS LESS I DO AND I CAN DOWNSHIFT TO PASS .WOW GUESS CUZ MINE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST 12S OFF THE LINE THEY HADN'T MADE THE CHANGES YET I DON'T KNOW..

Last edited by KILLA BEE; 09-23-2014 at 08:45 PM.
KILLA BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #79
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.I CAN DRIVE NY LFX 2012 IN TAP SHIFT MODE LIKE A BaT OUTTA HELL..NO MAX GEAR CRAP JUS WHIP IT LIKE A MANUAL.I CAN GO 80 IN 2ND GEAR IT WONT CHANGE GEARS LESS I DO AND I CAN DOWNSHIFT TO PASS .WOW GUESS CUZ MINE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST 12S OFF THE LINE THEY HADN'T MADE THE CHANGES YET I DON'T KNOW..
Next time you put it in manual mode and are stopped just check and see if you can set it to 4th gear indication with the paddle. Then pull out normally and see if it automatically shifts until it reaches 4th gear, then hold that gear. Then slow back down and see if it automatically downshifts back to first but still have 4 showing on the display, do not touch the paddles after first setting it to 4th. If it does that then it is working like other 2LS models.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #80
911medic

Quote:
Yup my 12 was brought in 2011. Bro
This has been discussed previously in this thread and sorted out. The 2LS was introduced at the end of the 2011 MY run. So there are 2011 2LS's out there.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 10-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #81
911medic

Quote:
Just want to clarify, because your profile doesn't specify, but you do have a 2LS and not a 2LT, correct? Your pic shows a car with RS rims and body colored roof ditch molding, both of which can be added aftermarket, I realize, but I just want to be sure.

If it is indeed a 2LS, try the test Angrybird12 describes. The 2LS' range select mode can mimic tapshift, depending on how you use it. See posts 51-54 above.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #82
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Just want to clarify, because your profile doesn't specify, but you do have a 2LS and not a 2LT, correct? Your pic shows a car with RS rims and body colored roof ditch molding, both of which can be added aftermarket, I realize, but I just want to be sure.

If it is indeed a 2LS, try the test Angrybird12 describes. The 2LS' range select mode can mimic tapshift, depending on how you use it.
His Onstar antenna is black and I think if you zoom in on the pic the roof ditch mouldings are also black. But I think even a non RS LT would have those.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #83
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
His Onstar antenna is black and I think if you zoom in on the pic the roof ditch mouldings are also black. But I think even a non RS LT would have those.
Looking on my phone, the molding is hard to tell (thought it looked body colored), but yeah the shark fin is clearly non RS, for a 2012.

My 2LT (non RS) has black for both, so it could be one of those. I'm guessing he knows what he has and it's a 2LS, and he's just confused by the way ERS can seem to work like tapshift, though it's not really the same.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #84
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:

If it is indeed a 2LS, try the test Angrybird12 describes. The 2LS' range select mode can mimic tapshift, depending on how you use it. See posts 51-54 above.
I Do have the 2Ls 2012 the rims and the stripes came with the car. BUT ima try that tapshift procedure TODAY
.just curious if it does do what it supposed to is it a GOOD THING??????.