Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
So?

I'm a fan of all American muscle cars, I'm not biased. I was originally shopping around for an 09' GT before I got my Camaro, I realized I was in love with the Camaro much more, so I got one.

My BF just bought a 2010 Challenger SRT8 and has 2 Dodge Ram Diesels. My mom has a 67' Mustang, and she also bought a 2010 HHR from my salesman the day after I bought my Camaro. Oh yeah, and my dad drives a Dodge Ram Hemi. I guess I should disown them all

Michelle42780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle42780 View Post
So?

I'm a fan of all American muscle cars, I'm not biased. I was originally shopping around for an 09' GT before I got my Camaro, I realized I was in love with the Camaro much more, so I got one.

My BF just bought a 2010 Challenger SRT8 and has 2 Dodge Ram Diesels. My mom has a 67' Mustang, and she also bought a 2010 HHR from my salesman the day after I bought my Camaro. Oh yeah, and my dad drives a Dodge Ram Hemi. I guess I should disown them all
If you listen to some of the fanatics on forums like these..yes you should.

But they also have sloped forheads and communicate in grunts.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
RedJewelSS

Drives: six in a row makes it go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post

Anyone else have a family member that has turned to the dark side?
yes, me. i come from mostly a ford family. i always thought gm was the dark side growing up. i caught a little flak for the camaro but nothing like my cousin in his evo. my grandpa faught in ww2 and didnt like it much.
1989 F-150 4x4/300 I6/M5ODR2
1982 mustang. 351W/414stroker C4 9" rear. bracket racer
1977 F-100 5.9L 12V Cummins conversion/NV5600
RedJewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #18
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
All I know from experience in this forum is that it is basically not a good idea to talk bad about Fords, I too started a thread about my sister getting one, and let me tell ya this.......Im still paying for THAT mistake, although I wholeheartedly agree with the OP I still have learned that there are lots of folks in here that drive Stangs and will get their feelings hurt by reading anything negative about their precious Fords.
Just my two cents.

I remember that. It was pretty brutal.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #19
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I love the Camaro and my wife wants a mustange. I agree I like the charger mustange and camaro. But to me the Camaro wins but the more she talks about getting a mustange the more I am kinda liking them. At least that way I can have a choice on the weekends which one we should go out in. But yea I understand at first I was almost offended and wouldnt hear of it. But she said she has wanted a mustange all her life and never had one. Opposites attract I reckon.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle42780 View Post
So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
If you listen to some of the fanatics on forums like these..yes you should.

But they also have sloped forheads and communicate in grunts.
x10000

Both great cars, wish I could have a stable full of other brands.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Quote:
How do you go from a 2010 Vette to a 2010 Stang. I am at a loss here.
Lots of people are big talkers until it's time to write the check
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #22
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddi View Post
I think it's pretty cool also that she got one.

My sis has a mustang and my brother-in-law has a Challenger and we still love each other
Yes but only one of you is cool.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
theoneriggs

Drives: 10 Challenger R/T
nice story man. I think its awesome we have 3 beastly cars to choose from to be honest. 2003-2008 was just a blur of mustang after mustang after mustang. Then we got a taste from dodge of the challenger. Then a year later Chevy released the umm...what was it called.....camero or something? (yes it was intentional) Props to Ford for keeping the dream alive. Props to Dodge and Chevy for answering the call.

My almost 14 year old son is currently saving his allowance/birthday/job money to get a 2010 IOM LT when he turns 16. Wife has the challenger, I might go myself and get my hands on a shelby once we pay off her car. Hell I might save the coin and just get a new 5.0. All 3 in the family would make my day and my garage very happy!

Grats to her for getting an american muscle car. Also please make sure to ask her how the hell she went from thinking about a vette to signing for a stang
theoneriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Yes my sister is on her 4th or 5th, presently has a 2006 Convertible, and my brother-in-law has a 2001 Mustang Cobra previously owning an 86 ex cop Mustang.

Doesn't bother me at all. I have owned 9 different Mustangs myself.

Last edited by two_wheel_mayhem; 07-14-2010 at 11:37 PM.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #25
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I have nothing against Mustangs. As my name says, I'm a "Female Muscle Car Nut". But they do absolutely nothing for me looks wise. Sound wise, they are awesome. However, I lost just a tiny bit of respect for their drivers. (And this isn't the first time this has happened to us): I got blasted by a 69' on my way back from picking up my daughter from extended school on Tuesday and I didn't appreciate it one bit. As we passed each other, he revved it and about blew my ear drums out (I had my windows down) and my daughters screamed in the back because it scared them to death. I get the whole competition thing about my ride being badder than yours, but that was ridiculous and rude.

My father has always been a Ford man. Worked for a Ford plant in his younger days. He doesn't care for our car and always brings up the SHO or Mustang during conversations evolving around muscle cars. He's a big Bill Elliot fan as well. Even though I'm a daddy's girl, we totally disagree on cars.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #26
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Certainly I have nothing against the stang owners personally. In my opinion however, the mustang has NEVER gave me that DAMN impression when I see one, EVER. I mean you sit a 69 mustang next to a 69 camaro, come on, no comparision at all as far as a car that says American Muscle.

Do the mustangs perform, sure, they are VERY aggressive handling, to some degree better then the camaro but this has alot to do with car weight. On the top end, I have never been in a mustang that felt as solid as any camaro at speeds over 100 mph(maybe thats because the Stang is not supposed to be able to go that fast!!!)

I will say the newer Stangs look much better. Remember the good old 80's and 90's, damn, how did they ever sell any of those things. Could be said for the Camaros to some degree as well.

Looking at the new Mustangs, they are better looking but still have alot of the same design aspects of the 80-90 cars. GM did it right, they went back to when the Camaro was a STUD and then tweaked them with a bit of a modern look and combined the two and in my opinion got it right on the money.

If you like stangs, great, to each their own but for me, to listen to a family member talk about GM cars for years and own GM cars for Decades and then have them get a stang, WTH!!!

Last night she made the comment that the two cars look alot alike, I had to leave the room!!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #27
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
To all, this is a bad day!!! I was working in the shop this morning and up drives a 2010 dark red Mustang GT. Figured it was a customer and did not pay much attention until I saw the lady that stepped out of the car, MY MOTHER IN LAW!!!
Down here in Texas, that's grounds for a de-vorce

or a hanging. Can't remember which.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #28
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Down here in Texas, that's grounds for a de-vorce

or a hanging. Can't remember which.