Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Orginal Bumper or the New SS Bumper (BumperGate Has begun)
Original Front Bumper 53 37.86%
SS Prototype Bumper/Convertible Bumper 87 62.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoteka View Post
Think how much cooler a Camaro with the SS bumper will look with a intercooler...

Remember, Captain, I'm still split down the middle. I like both...but it'll all pan out. This reminds me of me in your position when the whole gas cap thing was explained...and then the b-pillar. Oh, don't get me started again!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is making me sick! Stop complaining about the further out fog lights. You know that this will not stop you from buying a Camaro. There is absolutely no way that this will be a deal breaker. When you see people like me rolling in our fresh Camaros featuring the supposedly mistake of a bumper you will wish you didn't ask for your deposit refunded. The similarities are so close that you really have no reason to complain. Whoever started this mess (not the thread) is getting a Suburban!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #31
dobbins67326

Drives: 1999 Camaro V6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is making me sick! Stop complaining about the further out fog lights. You know that this will not stop you from buying a Camaro. There is absolutely no way that this will be a deal breaker. When you see people like me rolling in our fresh Camaros featuring the supposedly mistake of a bumper you will wish you didn't ask for your deposit refunded. The similarities are so close that you really have no reason to complain. Whoever started this mess (not the thread) is getting a Suburban!
+1 either way the challengers and mustangs are gonna be looking at the back of the car!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #32
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbins67326 View Post
+1 either way the challengers and mustangs are gonna be looking at the back of the car!
My thoughts exactly. Why all the whining? Be happy we actually will be able to BUY A NEW CAMARO, and that it will be superior to the Ford and Dodge.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:08 AM   #33
Duntov7

Drives: C6
Sounds a bit like the whining over the then new 2005 Corvette C6 license plate holder issue....the dust settles after a while.
Duntov7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:22 AM   #34
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I do kinda feel like Captain Awesome ...

I don't feel the NEED for a new bumper. Actually, I would have expacted chevy to make a new bumper an option. I mean, we love the concept. There's not one person (I guess) whou wouldn't be happy here if Fbod said "that was a joke, the prod camaro will be the exact replica of the concept". We would all be crazy freakin' happy!

This is why I can understand technical modifications such as height, weight, length and so on (even if I highly regret it). I hardly understand these look-only changes.

I can understand changing the door handles because of price. But I hardly understand ADDING price because of th ebumper.

My request: Mr Chevy, keep it simple and as close to the concept as possible. All "look changes" should be options or aftermarket.

And I'd feel perfectly happy to have a SS looking like the V6 + a badge + rear spoiler.

Simplicity is style. Don't turn my camaro into a BMW M3 OR WORSE, into a frekin' fast and furious ricer ...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #35
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
The original bumper from what I remember wasn't road and crash worthy according to the designers. AND with that being said it WAS going to be redesigned. Period. and as it stands right now 58.14% of the people like it better. As compared to 41.86 that don't like it.

I liked the original bumper to. but i like this bumper even more minus how the lower section black plastic is done. and I will redo that after I get mine. but to me this bumper is more aggressive compared to the concepts.

This subject is very polarizing and that's why I keep saying the after market is going to be your friend if you don't like something about the car.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #36
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
The original bumper from what I remember wasn't road and crash worthy according to the designers. AND with that being said it WAS going to be redesigned. Period. and as it stands right now 58.14% of the people like it better. As compared to 41.86 that don't like it.

I liked the original bumper to. but i like this bumper even more minus how the lower section black plastic is done. and I will redo that after I get mine. but to me this bumper is more aggressive compared to the concepts.

This subject is very polarizing and that's why I keep saying the after market is going to be your friend if you don't like something about the car.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I don't know how it should be completed, but I feel there SHOULD be a difference between the V6, the V8, and the top dog. There SHOULD be a difference....and I don't mean by simple badges. Those owning the top of the line models bought them for a reason....they want the biggest, best, quickest, most jaw dropping ride of all....and if a badge is the only difference between IT and a V6??? Heck no....

Let GM fabricate parts to make the top of the line distinguishable from the base. It's pride of ownership.

I'M VERY PROUD OF THE FACT THAT MY 4th Gen HOOD AND SPOILER ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE V6 and Z28. IT MEANS SOMETHING....

just like the bumper on the 5th Gen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #38
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up Maybe

it needs Bumper 2 for intercoolers!
Daytona Sunset Orange 06 C6 Waiting for C7
2005 Sunset Orange Colorado Replaced with 2010 GMC Sierra SLE
fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
I voted Original Bumper....i can't stand the new one...

A Challenger is just that, a "Challenger." It takes a Camaro to be a "Champion."
GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #40
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
OK. I did vote for the old bumper. I do think it looks better, but that doesn't mean that i dont love the new bumper. Either way I will be proud to be driving a new camaro no matter what the bumper looks like.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #41
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
honestly, they aren't that different...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #42
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Don't forget too that seeing something in a picture is not the same as seeing it in person. Perspective, lens focal length, depth of field... all play a significant role in how something appears in a picture, all of which can be very distorted from how something looks when you see it in person. I highly doubt any of you are going to run up to the dealership when they finally arrive, take one look at the new Camaro, shriek in horror and run away screaming about how you hate it and you will never own one because the bumper on the production model is different then the prototype.

Hell... I just can't wait for it to show up period!
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote