Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #43
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
I try to remember....its a speed LIMIT not a speed minimum.

(fully aware that some highways have minimums posted too)
Old 01-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #44
wec

Drives: 2010 Silverado -2017 ZL1
The problem is that people have no consideration for other people ( I see this everywhere ). I drive fast, but if someone is driving faster, I try to get out of the way. The only good thing is having a faster vehicle ( my car & truck ), I can pass much safely. The most irritating are the people that try to speed up when you try to pass. They have the new law in VA about the left hand lane, but I never see it enforced. I just try to pass safely.
wec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #45
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #46
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Lugs - I've been in your shoes and like others have said, been trying to see the other side of it. I try to remember that an older drivers reaction time is not as quick anymore. It's been the reason my Father (who is close to 80 years old) has been driving slower.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #47
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Lugs - I've been in your shoes and like others have said, been trying to see the other side of it. I try to remember that an older drivers reaction time is not as quick anymore. It's been the reason my Father (who is close to 80 years old) has been driving slower.
Yep, you’ve got a very valid point...I know the same thing will happen to my dad, he’ll slow down and “we’ll both” have to accept it ...present age 76. He took my car for a ride last year (with me as a passenger) gunned it from a stop to 80mph, on a wide open road, with a speed limit of 40mph. He then looks over and tells me he’d get in alot of trouble with my car..... while going 50 +\- around a large rotary!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #48
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Today I ended up behind a FedEx truck doing 35mph in a 70mph zone. I had to stay behind him because I needed to exit. So did he, along with the 2 cars between us. Then he was doing 15 on the exit ramp. As soon as we got out on the main road, we all passed him.....I wish I had missiles on the front of my truck sometimes.............
Fed Ex sucks. Their drivers are idiots. I wouldn't ship a dog turd Fed Lost.
These are the semis in the left lane too.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #49
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I must admit that I often wonder what goes on in peoples minds when they get in a car and drive on the interstate and start making decisions about how everyone else should drive. Reading comments on threads like this helps me get a glimpse into what some of the other drivers are thinking.

I spend a lot of time on the road. I often drive 4 or 5 hundred miles a week for my job and I generally drive as fast as I feel safe. I can save an hour a day sometimes by going 100mph instead of the posted limit. I live in a state known for people going fast and I very seldom get passed. I will weave if necessary, I will pass on double yellow if I can see far enough to know I can make it in my car.

I don't mind slow people, I just get very irritated by slow people that decide I should not be going faster than them. You know the ones driving in the left lane that refuse to get over and then if you try to pass on the right they try to speed up and block you.

I kind of think speed limits are funny and what people believe about them. Supposed to be they are based on what is safe. Is it really safer to drive in Texas where speed limits are 85 on some roads vs 55 mph interstates in other places? If a loaded dump truck or pick-up truck pulling a 5th wheel in the wind is safe at 70 mph, then is it reasonable that a new Camaro is only safe at the same speed?

Just random thoughts....I encourage everyone to be courteous, I don't care how fast you go if you drive within your personal limits and are courteous.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #50
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
Hey Lugs, maybe you should switch to de-caf....
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #51
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post

It IS also illegal to go too slow.

I can handle doing THE limit or maybe 5 less. But anything less and I'll pass at the safest, legal opportunity. If you want to go slow and others are behind you, pull over.

Someone hitting their brakes every other second? Probably not paying any damn attention and NOT someone you want to be driving behind anyway.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #52
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
I agree if you're scared by someone passing you enough to crash, you shouldn't be driving. I think the point in this is if you wanna do under the speed limit KEEP RIGHT. I know some of the other CA peeps in here will say the same thing and that's I do most passing on the right and more often than not the far right is wide open. I drive 80 in a 65/70 I don't stay in the left lane unless traffic keeps me in the left lane. I know i say this now and will take it back when I'm older but if you are at the age where you cant drive the posted limit maybe you shouldn't drive. Should any of you meet me in person when I'm 80 I will deny ever saying that.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #53
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
The cause of most human conflict can be simplified into one of three states:

1- The person in front of us is not moving fast enough.

2- The person in front of us is not moving.

3- The person in front of us is moving too fast.

This configuration can apply to anything from personal relationships, the workplace or driving. Either way that individual is in our way or not accomplishing the goal!

All drivers should follow the rules of the autobahn. They are: the left lane is for PASSING. The right lane is for CRUISING.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #54
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
I had to get the keys away from my aging parents. My father's sight was failing and they both figured with two bad set of eyes, they could make do. Worked until they rear-ended a stopped pickup truck that they didn't see. The point is, you can't even assume the person going slow is even competent. That or it could be someone texting.

I try to safely get away from people like this. Of course, my wife says that someday, I will give someone a heart attack when the ZL1 drops 4 gears doing this. The 6gen certainly does not sould like a Prius passing.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #55
Smudo

Drives: ZL 1 2018, BMW M4 Comp. 19, Z4 M 06
😀guys that is really nothing. I was 4years in China. There is really no logic how they drive. 🤬stop with now reason, switch lane, drive only left, make u turn where u can and drive on against you. So now i am in Mexico. They are 😩 stupid too. But they drive dangerously fast. I miss Educated Europe roaddriver....
Smudo is offline   Reply With Quote