Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
revelation68

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
What engines work in a 2011 Camaro 3.6 v6

Yes, I'm a noob on this site, but I am in the market for a engine for my 2011 synergy green camaro. I have been searching on some sites online and it mentions interchangeability with cts engines, when searching online used camaro engines for the LLT are almost impossible to find in my area, but I see a bunch of 2008 to 2011 caddilac cts (llt engine's), ive also seen the acadia on other engines use the LLT, but I assume they have maybe slightly different things, like different oil filter location and type curious if anyone knows if any of the other LLT's will work as a replacement. specifically the 08 to 11 CTS 3.6 LLT engine that were in the RWD, yes ive searched the forum for the answer before asking, but didnt see the question asked.
revelation68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Are you only going for the bottom end? For all intents and purposes I'm pretty sure everything should swap from your old motor to the replacement.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
revelation68

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
Correct, bottom end up, using a donor motor from a 2010 CTS... There is a salvage yard a couple hours away from me with a 2011 Camaro engine 3.6 with about 44k on it... They want $3k for that used Camaro engine.. yet if I ask about the CTS 3.6 from a 2010 out of a RWD suddenly the cost drops to $1500 and the CTS engine has 50k miles on it.... Hence the confusion.. when I check gmpartsdirect and you pull up the crate engine part # for the V6 LLT Camaro it says it fits in a bunch of vehicles like the Acadia..traverse...CTS.. etc..

Sorry for any confusion just was really confused as even when you look on eBay the LLT used engine out of a Camaro there asking a premium compared to the CTS counterpart thats also a 3.6 llt and from what I was reading it appeared they are the same engine
revelation68 is offline   Reply With Quote