Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #43
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I made a phone call...... I hate to say it, but someone's nose is growing.

All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Mike. as of 3:30 OUR TIME.....he had 3 on his order.....he only had ONE verified customer.....then he had 2 as Chris put his name on one. same color and stripe combo.....YOU could be next! think fast!!
LOL... I will buy a Z but I'm still breaking in the one I have. Going to enjoy this one, play it smart and see how things shake out after it's released... Would like to have solid aftermarket choices this time around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I made a phone call...... I hate to say it, but someone's nose is growing.
No one said there were any allocations... just a note to our club members about when we might expect it w/ pricing around the GT500 range. Just a list of names who want's to have first crack when the allocations do come in.... That's all...
Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #45
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
Not when you owe her a ring and she knows it.
well that's between you and her. it should be mutual not owed. . .tell her if you don't have the car before you get married then the ring isn't coming. lol. if she's controlling after that then it's time to move on. but if she accepts it then marry her. she's a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well if it is high 40's 47-49 you could get more out of a modified SS on HP and make it probably handle about the same.

Mid to low 40's then no way you could buy a SS and do that. I would hope that GM wants to beat Ford but still have it in price reach of their customers.

When you say high 40's it ends up being 50 something after taxes. That is more than alot of people can do.
the GT500 is 50200ish after delivery fee before taxes. . .if it's in line with the GT500 it would be around there. which is my thinking and not everyone can afford a gt500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
High 40's will become mid 50's once "market adjustment" fee is tacked on.
don't pay it. find a dealer that will accept MSRP. you can fly anywhere in the country and drive back cheaper then most amv's. what I told a dealer here when he told me 10k just to order a 2010. I fully expect him if he gets a Z28 to charge 10-20k over msrp for it. refuse to pay it and fly somewhere that won't rip you off. easily solvable.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #46
FloydSummerOf68

Drives: Corvette
I think it will be a contender as long as the price point is slightly below or even with a base C6 corvette.
FloydSummerOf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #47
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

Z06 or Z28 ?

Always listen & consider what your wife or significant other has to say, then make your own decision and do what you think best. So many men let their balls get loped off and put in the fridge when they get married. Most women will try to control you, but the good ones respect you more if you don't let them. It's entirely possible to have a functional spine without being inconsiderate.

I'm getting the Z28 because I love it and have been wanting one for the past couple of decades. Neither choice would be much of a hardship.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #48
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Z06 or Z28 ?

Always listen & consider what your wife or significant other has to say, then make your own decision and do what you think best. So many men let their balls get loped off and put in the fridge when they get married. Most women will try to control you, but the good ones respect you more if you don't let them. It's entirely possible to have a functional spine without being inconsiderate.

I'm getting the Z28 because I love it and have been wanting one for the past couple of decades. Neither choice would be much of a hardship.
I think I'd rather have the attitude of the Z28 over the Z06 but the Z06's performance is just orgasmic.

Good thing about my woman... if I can afford it she doesn't stand in the way. Just need to sock some extra away for her at the same time.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #49
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
I think I'd rather have the attitude of the Z28 over the Z06 but the Z06's performance is just orgasmic.

I think you're right, it is attitude versus performance. The Z28 is going to be an awesome mix of both, but I'll have to admit the Z06 will beat it in pure performance.

I haven't had the pleasure of letting loose the horses of a Z06. If I had, I'm sure the temptation would be great to have that kind of rocketship. Fortunately, if I feel the need for insane acceleration I can jump on my 'Busa and pull a quarter in the nines or approach 200mph any time I have a good road with nobody in the way.

With a Z28 and a 'Busa I'll have the best of both worlds.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #50
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
The Z/28 should be the king of all Camaros but would like to see it priced in the low 40's. Let the Shelby Mustangs around here have that stupid ass $10K mark up that says "market value" put on them.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #51
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
As to the wife-to-be, my input - she knew when I planned on buying this car, that the z28 may come and if it did, it trumped everything. She's come to terms with it.

Also, when I bought my '10, markups were already done in other dealerships and my dealer gave it to me for $500 less then original sticker, with no deposit. We've been dealing with that dealer for over 25 years, every car we've bought from them; they take care of us.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #52
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
The Z/28 should be the king of all Camaros but would like to see it priced in the low 40's.
This. GM would impress the crap out of everyone if they could pull that off.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #53
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
The car will fall in line with the GT500 for pricing.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #54
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
To add to the significant other tangent - my wife said about 2 weeks ago she wanted a corvette... I asked her why she didn't speak up when I was talking about the camaro because I was also looking at used Z06s... She said it doesn't do any good to try to talk to me when my mind is made up. I informed her she can sway my thinking with her nefarious ways... I guess in 4-5 years I'll start looking at used 2010 Z06s...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #55
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I informed her she can sway my thinking with her nefarious ways... I guess in 4-5 years I'll start looking at used 2010 Z06s...

Let me get this straight, she is allowed to use her "Nefarious Ways" on you to get you to purchase a Z06 when you get ready.

You're my new role model.