Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #211
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I disagree - the would you purchase or would you trade polls aren't accurate either because regardless of the redesign I wouldn't purchase the 2014 MCE or trade my car in...

I would've voted the same way for the 2013 ("no" I wouldn't purchase and "no" I wouldn't trade my car in for a 2013), that doesn't mean the 2013 is bad.
Me either, especially with the 6th gen just around the corner. Not that I am planning on trading for one of those either. I need a reason to trade other than new styling. Like I did trading my 2010 for the 2012. I wanted a Convertible. The other changes they made in the car were secondary.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #212
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Well, let's see. There are just over 70,000 subscribed to this forum. Of those there are probably quite a few that aren't active. Of the ones who are active, there have been only several hundred who have voiced there opinion on this issue. Even if all 70,000 voiced there opinion, that only represents about 20% of Camaros sold, if that. Don't think GM is going let a few members of this forum decide what they should produce. But I hear you, it's always nice to be heard.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #213
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
OK OK let me try another tactic...The ZL1, would I trade my car in for the styling and performance of it..hell yes..can I afford it..no. Nothing about the refresh makes me feel that way, even though it may be wishful thinking and cater to my wants, the 1LE and ZL1 are amazing additions and I would love to own one, but financially I can't do it right now, but it allows me to form an opinion of the car as is. Does that make sense?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #214
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Well, let's see. There are just over 70,000 subscribed to this forum. Of those there are probably quite a few that aren't active. Of the ones who are active, there have been only several hundred who have voiced there opinion on this issue. Even if all 70,000 voiced there opinion, that only represents about 20% of Camaros sold, if that. Don't think GM is going let a few members of this forum decide what they should produce. But I hear you, it's always nice to be heard.
So do you think that GM should give greater weight to the opinions of those who have bought or seriously entertained thoughts of buying a Camaro or to those for which the Camaro is just another car on the market?

Norm
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #215
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Boy are we quick to overreact to just a few pictures and a 5-min clip from a TV show.

Is it a bit different? Sure it is, that's the whole point with a refresh. It's to change thinks up just a little to get peoples (buyers) attention again.

Change isn't neccesarily bad, it's just different. Existing Camaro owners that like what they already have may not like the new look. People that haven't bought one yet may see it differently and choose to buy one because that's what THEY like.

from what I see in the few pictures released so far, I too have mixed feelings.
Can't see the rear end/tailights well enough to form an opinion.
The front end, I like especially with eliminating the non-functional mail-slot.
The hood insert, I think looks to small, and it makes me think of it as a Jr. ZL1 insert.
The interior appears to physically be the same.
The engines offerred also appear to be unchanged.

Would I choose to buy one? No, I still like the looks of my 2013 ZL1.

But that doesn't mean it's an bad/ugly design, it's just not like the ones we already like.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #216
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
WTF are YOU talking about?

The vast majority of the forum members are Camaro owners. WE ARE THE BUYERS... more importantly, we are the evangelists. We promote it, we sell our friends, etc. on it, we are the aftermarket buyers, and without the enthusiasts, this model would not be what it is today.

If anything, it should have been revealed to the enthusiasts first.
"enthusiasts" ARE a small percentage of total buyers. The vast majority of Camaro owners do not belong to C5
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #217
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
That jag makes the Camaro look like crap
At 2-3 times the money, it should
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #218
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpen View Post
Tail lights are bland. No definition. Did my 2010 become more of a collector in 20 years.
No
Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #219
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
"enthusiasts" ARE a small percentage of total buyers. The vast majority of Camaro owners do not belong to C5
But enthusiasts are probably a car's best ambassadors. They're the folks that the vast majority come to with their questions and requests for opinion.

Norm
Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #220
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmen09 View Post
This guy is right, most of the camaro owners are not even on this site, GM is trying to appeal to the majority of the market, and I'm sure this will be a success.
Absolutely agree
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #221
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
But enthusiasts are probably a car's best ambassadors. They're the folks that the vast majority come to with their questions and requests for opinion.

Norm
As a total of all the buyers, most NEVER hear from an enthusiast. Other enthusiast talk to enthusiasts. In all, a small percentage of owners
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #222
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
If the disciples were in on this, then they need new disciples.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #223
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Part of me think that because the 5gen we all own is such a great looking car no matter what they did they (GM) were in a lose/lose game on the next release...
I would have liked the Jay Leno concept Camaro cosmetic updates. Pretty sure others would have liked it too
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #224

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I agree with this...and to add when someone is shopping for a new car, they don't give a crap what it looks like compared to previous years...only here on the forums will you hear a "comparison" to older models...Buyers want "new", and could care less what older models looked like...

Closed Thread