Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #57
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
If your car runs too cool or takes too long to warm up you will get the error that causes the temp sensor to stop reading out.
Back In The Saddle - Earley 2010 2SS IBM A6 #10244 Built - Roto-Fab CAI, Muffler/CAT Delete, 17" Mickey Thompson ET DRs, RDP Tune, ZL1 Fuel Pump,
BW Stage II Ported TB, Speed Engineering 1-7/8" Longtubes, ZEX Nitrous 125HP Shot, Lingenfelter 160* Stat, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs & Elite Catch Can.
TCI Line Lock, JRE Trans Dipstick, BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 - 11.76 sec @ 117.3 - 1.61 sec 60' - 1/4 mile pass
Check Out My Youtube Channel For 5th Gen Camaro Drag Racing & How To Mods https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG...GR9gDm6PO-27rg
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #58
DarkMaroSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
A/C Off Due to High Engine Temp

I didn’t provide an update from my last post but I fixed this issue on my 2015 SS by replacing the ECT and resetting the PCM through the fuse pullout. Once I did this, no issues!

I wasn’t getting a coolant temp reading at all. The 160* thermostat wasn’t the problem and never tried to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #59
Polarbear99

Drives: 2012 LS
Darkmaross how much did it cost you to replace the ECT? And what fuses did you pull or replace? I did the battery cable and it worked for 3 weeks with no issue but now it started up again. I'm getting pissed about it can someone point me in some what of a direction?
Polarbear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #60
DarkMaroSS

Only the ECT which I think it was $20-30 at a dealer. The fuse, I think it was the PCM fuse someone here mentioned. Same fuse you have to do for the octane and main spark correction; nothing major. I identified part of the problem when I tried to read the coolant temperature with my X4 and it wasn’t reading anything so it was quite obvious. I followed the fuse part as a recommendation as I had nothing to lose, but my problem and solution was the same thing I had to do with an old 3.8L V6 Firebird I had.

My experience is, along with what I mentioned, you will feel some hesitation while the engine runs as the PCM doesn’t know how much gas it needs to send when the engine is cold versus when it reaches operating temperature. Having an 160 thermostat had nothing to do with the issue, especially when I never changed the fan temperature setting on purpose, so the thermostat opens earlier but the engine is still allowed to go up in temperature before the fans kick off. Remember each setup is different, and I wasn’t running anything crazy that forced me to change the fan settings.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #61
Polarbear99

Drives: 2012 LS
Let me ask you guys this have any of you guys had a problem with the heat blend door to cause this problem? Just a thought
Polarbear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #62
DarkMaroSS

A/C Off Due to High Engine Temp

Not my case. From what I read here, different factors can cause this issue. If I were you, based of people’s recommendations as well, I would try to get an ECT reading so you can at least rule it off.

Old 07-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #63
alssiri

Drives: 2012 ZL1 A6
I had the same issue recently, I changed the engine temp sensor & it was ok for a while then came back, I changed my 160 thermostat to 178 checked coolant level & drove for less than an hour & it came back temperature here is 45C+ & my chiller is not doing its job with this issue .
Any other thing need to be done ?
Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote