Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #897
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Not to detract from the current topic. Just my first chance to chime in since the Fest, which was my family vacation.

1) I followed Google maps directions from hotel to track. We ended up leading a parade of cars around the backside of the track until we gave up due to no entrance. We turned around and everyone followed (impromtu leader, not planned). We all drove around to the front and could find an entrance. We turned around again and drivers chatted, stopped, asked "How the h$ll do you get in?" of each other. We all finally found the entrance...and got our goodie bags with a map of the track, entrance location, event info, hotel info, etc.

Any thought of allowing pre-payment and sending that out prior to the Fest in the future? Seemed a little late to get 90% of what was in there.

2) The cruise around town was one of the biggest attractions for me and turned out to be a white-knuckled death ride. I won't beat a dead horse but in the future maybe something could be done on a local track with a photo of all the cars and the cruise being more rural with no hazards flashing! LOL

3) While I can appreciate the autoX needed corner workers and stuff, I had to bow out to keep the family happy. We were there for 2.25 days. I even had to take part of the time to do kids stuff (childrens museum) to make it a family trip. In all, it worked out good. Point? The was no way I could expect them to wait around or spend a four hour time slot working a corner (that sounds wrong) in order to take a turn. I never inquired at the Fest but did it really work this way in the end or was that just the edict given until enough workers were found? Is there any way to get sponsors, local clubs, or pay local people a bit of something to help out so that people that drove 5 hours or 2 days don't lose a 1/2 day to participate?

4) Family vacation. What does everyone think? I personally did not mind the parking lot bar. My fiance' was not a big fan; just being honest. I am new to parenting but was always led to believe that doing stuff like this as a family led to a great childhood and lifelong love of cars. We left our 2 y/o with grandma and brought our 5 and 8 y/o girls to the Fest. I was proud of them. They took shoes off in the car, didn't kick seat backs, were respectful of my car and ALL others. They didn't tough a thing they were not supposed to! Can all the adults say the same? I and others came away with damage. Luckily mine was minor. On Saturday night my fiance' would not participate in hanging out in the parking lot with the kids. I found out later it was largely due to overhearing someone on Friday nigth making a sh&tty comment loudly about, "I can't believe they have their kids out here." We were way in the back of the parking lot, by the truck repair place, sitting by the guy that had his theater set up in his trunk playing Transformers. My girls were sitting on the ground playing Leapsters, not harming a soul, while we talked with a couple friends and shared about two beers each. They were nowhere near the TX bar, or the girls making out by the hotel entrance (must be the country music), or the girls in 8" heels and spandex dresses.

What do you guys think? Family event or no? Big social networking hook-up swingers fest? Not offended, either way, and I'm no kind of prude. I play in a rock band and ride a Harley and enjoy life as much as anyone. I just took this option over Sturgis because I thought it was something the entire family could enjoy.

Thoughts? Never come back? Screw the people that made the comments?

Mods? Organizers? Your thoughts would be particularly welcome.
Chef,

Like this site, the Fest is supposed to be family oriented... Obviously you are a good parent and are concerned about things like that. Kudo's.

As for comments, we all have to remember that the 65,000 plus members of Camaro5 are a cross section of society... the good the bad... etc...

Ignore comments like that and attend to yours, as it appears you did... It's obviously impossible to control comments of people, but you and your kids are always welcome at any Camaro5 event.

As with other comments made, we do listen to the suggestions and are taking into account the lessons learned from each Fest and are trying hard to make it as enjoyable for all as it can be....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #898
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
And rocket mans code was easily foiled...
CRAP! My wife assured me it was iron-clad.......maybe there is more than meets the eye with her? hmmmm.......
Old 08-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #899
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
CRAP! My wife assured me it was iron-clad.......maybe there is more than meets the eye with her? hmmmm.......
If your wife has gone over to the dark-side is that good or bad
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #900
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If your wife has gone over to the dark-side is that good or bad
I don't know....... I wish I had seen this last night though, I wouldn't have let her take the Camaro to work today. I just got it back from the dealer last night, and now its possible my wife has defected AND is in possession of the car! I think it makes too much sense to be a coincidence.....:fighting0040: Be careful with Top-Secret transmissions, maybe she was a "sleeper agent" and now that she has a C5 account she is active.:(
Old 08-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #901
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
I don't know....... I wish I had seen this last night though, I wouldn't have let her take the Camaro to work today. I just got it back from the dealer last night, and now its possible my wife has defected AND is in possession of the car! I think it makes too much sense to be a coincidence.....:fighting0040: Be careful with Top-Secret transmissions, maybe she was a "sleeper agent" and now that she has a C5 account she is active.:(
It happened to Anakin Skywalker. It can happen to anyone. 'They' probably offered her moderators status and access to the moderator super secret hidden section. All that power can be seductive. We'll have to revoke her top secret clearance for now.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #902
(Double D)
Sin City Camaro Club

Drives: Pontiac Vibe (VROOOM)
First, I would like to thank all the Mods, Sponsors, Volunteers and voluntolds you did an amazing job with C53 It was an awsome event. My wife and I had a great time, sure there were hiccups with some of the events. But you are not going to make everyone happy no matter what you do.

Second, I really enjoyed the marketplace scavenger hunt, and did my best to visit everyone and get my sheet signed off.

Third, I think C54 should be in "TEXAS". Because everyone knows everything is bigger in Texas. I see no reason why the Fest wouldnt be the same.

And Lastly, and dont roll your eyes on this one, but I think at the next fest, You should consider Raffling off a Camaro. Just a thought.

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including thier life." That is Patriotism, and there are far too many people who have forgotten that.
(Double D) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #903
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Double D) View Post
First, I would like to thank all the Mods, Sponsors, Volunteers and voluntolds you did an amazing job with C53 It was an awsome event. My wife and I had a great time, sure there were hiccups with some of the events. But you are not going to make everyone happy no matter what you do.

Second, I really enjoyed the marketplace scavenger hunt, and did my best to visit everyone and get my sheet signed off.

Third, I think C54 should be in "TEXAS". Because everyone knows everything is bigger in Texas. I see no reason why the Fest wouldnt be the same.

And Lastly, and dont roll your eyes on this one, but I think at the next fest, You should consider Raffling off a Camaro. Just a thought.
Yea, I'm sure some big dealership down in Texas would love to offer up a free Camaro in the name of a good cause. There's lots of Camaro owner's in Texas. I bet if the Fest was in Texas, it would blow away the Attendance From Indy...

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #904
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Yea, I'm sure some big dealership down in Texas would love to offer up a free Camaro in the name of a good cause. There's lots of Camaro owner's in Texas. I bet if the Fest was in Texas, it would blow away the Attendance From Indy...
We'll see what we can do... the biggest dealer in Texas "Classic" sponsors our Camaro club. They are already excited to hear the Fest could possibly make it's way here.

Can you imagine drawing someones name at the fest and seeing them win one.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #905
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
And then wondering, "crap, how do I get this home?"

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #906
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
I am thinking Texas too.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #907
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
And then wondering, "crap, how do I get this home?"
psssh, that's what they have trans-por-tation companies for

Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #908
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We'll see what we can do... the biggest dealer in Texas "Classic" sponsors our Camaro club. They are already excited to hear the Fest could possibly make it's way here.

Can you imagine drawing someones name at the fest and seeing them win one.
Crap, hopefully there won't be a roof/ceiling/overhang over my head.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #909
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
TEXAS! theres so many camaros in texas!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #910
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
theres so many camaros in texas!
There should be considering Texas takes up nearly 10% of the U.S.

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread