Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinxxvii View Post
Thanks. Can anyone with an automatic respond with how the car behaves in first, stopped with a foot on the brake then immediately putting the accelerator to the floor?
Fun&Crazy. I do race every so often and from a dig in sport mode holding the rpms @ around 1200-1300k.
My car stays straight pretty well, surprising for the power it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Will our cars even let us drop three gears? I thought the computer limits us to only a two gear drop? And is that bad to do?
yes&no.
the computer in the auto will not let you down/up shift to any gear that will harm the tranny or go over the limiter or lug the car around
i2disturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
ca2010maro
Zach

Drives: 10 SIM 1LT, 66 F100
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Fun&Crazy. I do race every so often and from a dig in sport mode holding the rpms @ around 1200-1300k.
My car stays straight pretty well, surprising for the power it has.

yes&no.
the computer in the auto will not let you down/up shift to any gear that will harm the tranny or go over the limiter or lug the car around
Hahaha dunno why I couldn't think of that. But its true. The vehicle won't yet you shift up if your under 1500 rpms I think it is and down if its redlined, at least that's what I've seen
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ModRodProductions
ca2010maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
You can still do it. No need to though, you'll only spin which can be done with out neutral dropping. What I do is put it in sport, its faster than tapshift, then hold the brake and bring it to 1250rpm and punch it while letting off the brake when its time to go.
Not so sure you can still do it... Since the computer controls everything I don't think the shifter actually put the tranny in gear... I think the shifter just tells the computer, "Hey, i want to go into gear" and then the computer actually tells the tranny to go into gear... BUT the computer doesn't do THAT until the RPM drop to a save level... Not 100% sure on the Camaro, but a lot of modern cars work that way...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #18
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Tell the wife i said ,,No it wont be hectic in the snow,just buy snowtires and goooooooo.They are a tank in the snow, So now you dont have to sit all winter without the car of your dreams ,ps also get it undercoated A MUST!!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Like other have said, you have to have the car in drive or "m" mode to use the paddles. I ONLY drive with the paddles. Sometimes I'll put in sport mode when I feel like playing around and launch the car. With my tranny tune, sport is the fastest and hardest shifting mode. Under full throttle it shifts ridiculously fast and slams gears hard enough to sometimes chirp the tires going to 3rd. With the paddles it still shifts hard but the shifts are tad bit slower than in sport mode.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
justinxxvii

Drives: Car
Is sport mode and M mode the same?
justinxxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:

The shifter has two drive modes. "D" which is your basic auto mode and "M" which is sport mode, when in "M" or sport mode and you activate tapshift via the buttons you are now in manual mode.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
The shifter has two drive modes. "D" which is your basic auto mode and "M" which is sport mode, when in "M" or sport mode and you activate tapshift via the buttons you are now in manual mode.

the difference being that in "sport mode" the car will shift automatically depending on conditions (flooring it and hard driving will make the computer hold the gear longer and down shift quicker vs. "D")

and in Manual mode you have the control, the car will not upshift it will hold the gear and bounce off the rev limiter, and it will not downshift to pass, however it will return the car to a lower gear if your rpms get too low (slowing to a stop for example).
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #23
ca2010maro
Zach

Drives: 10 SIM 1LT, 66 F100
Oh wow, I never knew. I should try my car in M without the paddles and see
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ModRodProductions
ca2010maro is offline   Reply With Quote