Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
G4M3OVR

Drives: '05 OB Neon SRT4, '13 IOM ZL1
Mylink displaying duplicate songs

This may be a stupid question but is there any way to reset what Mylink has synced from my Iphone? It seems like every time I sync my phone with the radio, it adds my phone's library to what was synced previously. Meaning, for every song in my phone's library(2,500 or so), there are at minimum, 3 duplicates of every one of them shown on the screen. If someone could shed any light on a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.
G4M3OVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4M3OVR View Post
This may be a stupid question but is there any way to reset what Mylink has synced from my Iphone? It seems like every time I sync my phone with the radio, it adds my phone's library to what was synced previously. Meaning, for every song in my phone's library(2,500 or so), there are at minimum, 3 duplicates of every one of them shown on the screen. If someone could shed any light on a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We apologize for the frustrations. You may want to contact your dealership to see if they can assist you with a diagnosis. You should be under warranty still as long as you are within the parameters of 3-years/36,000 miles.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I saw the same behavior with my USB stick. I ended up having to change the Volume name of the USB stick every time I added/deleted songs to it.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
The thing that bugs me now are all the songs that say "unknown artist, etc". When I look at them in window explorer, all the info is there. Not sure why Mylink doesn't like it.

Some albums seem to work, others don't.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
G4M3OVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterleeman View Post
The thing that bugs me now are all the songs that say "unknown artist, etc". When I look at them in window explorer, all the info is there. Not sure why Mylink doesn't like it.

Some albums seem to work, others don't.
Songs that just don't show up on the radio after indexing finishes, despite being on my phone is another fun "feature" as well. Thanks for the tip, I'll try renaming the phone tonight and test it tomorrow to see if that fixes the issue. I like the Mylink setup, I really do. I just wish that maybe GM could take the time and make updates to fix bugs like these.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
ScottR

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Metallic 2LT RS
I have the same problem, three copies of every song listed. Very aggravating! iPhone 5, iOS 6.1
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
G4M3OVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We apologize for the frustrations. You may want to contact your dealership to see if they can assist you with a diagnosis. You should be under warranty still as long as you are within the parameters of 3-years/36,000 miles.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks for your concern Brandon! I'm going to try what Mister suggested and see if that clears this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
I have the same problem, three copies of every song listed. Very aggravating! iPhone 5, iOS 6.1
That's my setup as well. I'll update the thread to let everyone know if Mister's USB stick fix works for the phone as well.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
I have the same exact problem with my usb drive and I have the alpine 910 radio installed. Seems its not limited to mylink.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
G4M3OVR

Sorry I haven't given an update on this in a bit. I tried renaming the phone and having it re-index the songs but it would seem that there are still duplicates. I guess I'll have to figure something else out.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #10
TMO1701

Drives: 2013 Malibu eco White Diamond
Mylink showing Duplicate songs

The Mylink system in my 2013 Malibu was showing me up to 5 duplicates of each song, what i did was connect my ipod to my computer and completely delete ALL songs, then reconnect it to the car to let it tell me "no files found". Then re-sync all music back to the device. havent had a problem since. I know its not a Camaro but i thought i could lend some assistance.
TMO1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO1701 View Post
The Mylink system in my 2013 Malibu was showing me up to 5 duplicates of each song, what i did was connect my ipod to my computer and completely delete ALL songs, then reconnect it to the car to let it tell me "no files found". Then re-sync all music back to the device. havent had a problem since. I know its not a Camaro but i thought i could lend some assistance.
Glad everything is working now TMO1701. How's that Malibu been treating you?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
TMO1701

Drives: 2013 Malibu eco White Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Glad everything is working now TMO1701. How's that Malibu been treating you?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I LOVE my Malibu, 515 mile on a tank last time i took it out of town & 400 riding around town!!! AWESOME CAR!
TMO1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO1701 View Post
I LOVE my Malibu, 515 mile on a tank last time i took it out of town & 400 riding around town!!! AWESOME CAR!
Definitely an awesome vehicle,

That's great to hear! I'm happy you're enjoying it!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #14
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Check your music library using an app such as mp3tag. If all of the fields are complete and valid in mp3tag, then they should display properly in MyLink.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote