Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #561
2011ConvertV6

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series Convert V6
Hello Sir,
Here is my vin... Can you check it me?
2G1FC3DD0B9203519
Thanks in advance
Hoi
2011ConvertV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #562
REValie

Drives: 2011Vert 2SS/RS RJT
Thanks Jeff, if your still around any chance checking this one too
VIN: 2G1FK3DJ9B9188303
REValie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #563
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Going on 6 months (after one frame & 3 pieces of fabric) and I can say that I FINALLY found someone who KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!

Whenever I put my top down, it isn't any closer to touching the frame than the day they installed it. This was a MAJOR issue before; the first 2 kept getting wear marks/holes because the installers DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. The fabric kept touching the storage well frame when the top was down.

Now the only thing happening is when the top's down, if the road gets a little rough, I can hear the roof frame squeaking on the driver's side. Also, when it's parked with the top down, I can gently push down on the driver's side roof frame & still hear the same squeaking.

I'm told that there's a way to adjust the frame point that's squeaking. I'll probably take it in soon seeing as I only have 13k more warranty on the roof & frame.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #564
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Jeff, here's another VIN. I'd appreciate to know if my car falls under this program.

2G1FK3DJ1B9192135

I know this is an older thread, so I hope you're still watching.

Kevin
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #565
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Top update

Got the call yesterday from the dealer that it was ready. I went to pick it up and it looked great, top was nice and tight, no wrinkles, or waves anywhere. So then I put it down...well it didn't go down all the way, the side arms were sticking up from the well about three inches, the front edge of the top wa at least a inch higher than the top of the back seat trim. I went back in and told them something was wrong. I took the service rep out and he said I'll give him a call. So then he said take it over to the top place and let them look at it. When I got there he tried to tell me that was how it was supposed to be. I said no it all should fit below the bodylines so the tonneau will fit. He said it would, so I had to show him it wouldn't. So this morning I had to take it back and he said he would "Try" to adjust it again... Needless to say my confidence in him is going down very quickly. If it's not right today I am requesting a factory technician be brought in the take care of it right.

Update: they readjusted the top, that is better but still not low enough, now the frame on the passenger side does not line up correctly with the windshield frame. When I pointed it out he acted like it wasn't anything he could do about it. Because of that misalignment the top is now almost impossible to latch. His explanation, it's a new top and it needs to be left up for two weeks for the material to stretch and settle. I said that won't fix the alignment problem and he just said just wait and see. I went back to the dealer and discussed it with them, they agreed the alignment problem won't go away but the stretching of the material may help it to lower better. He said let's tackle one problem at a time, so now I will leave it up two weeks and recheck it. If the problems still exist they will persue other options. Anyway he said they will do whatever it takes to make it right.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #566
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
My top was really tight when they first put it on but loosened up after about a week.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #567
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
My top was really tight when they first put it on but loosened up after about a week.
Did your top not go down far enough to get your tonneau cover on?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #568
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Anyway he said they will do whatever it takes to make it right.
What else would he say?

You're the last person who could use advice about taking life one day at a time, especially from a shallow guy like me, but I have to say, this is not the way car ownership is supposed to be. You know better than anyone that life is too short to let any vehicle become a burden, rather than a pleasurable servant.
Rationalize problems away, but it all adds up to mental and emotional stress which takes a subtle toll, no matter how minor.

I sincerely hope this doesn't become a Winter of Discontent for you.
Remember, there are many nice new chariots ready to hit the streets in the Spring.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #569
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
What else would he say?

You're the last person who could use advice about taking life one day at a time, especially from a shallow guy like me, but I have to say, this is not the way car ownership is supposed to be. You know better than anyone that life is too short to let any vehicle become a burden, rather than a pleasurable servant.
Rationalize problems away, but it all adds up to mental and emotional stress which takes a subtle toll, no matter how minor.

I sincerely hope this doesn't become a Winter of Discontent for you.
Remember, there are many nice new chariots ready to hit the streets in the Spring.
There may be lots of new ones out there but they are not MY Car. I don't know why but this car holds a special place in my heart. It's already become a part of me. It's hard to explain but I have a connection with this car I have never had with any I have owned before. I know it's silly for a 60 year old Man to feel this way about a car. But I just can't help it.
I guess right now I just should have lived with the weather stripping poking out instead of going through this. But I am confident that some how, some way this will be fixed and everything will be back to the way I want it. Even if it takes me driving back up to Rodgers Chevrolet and let Gerry work on it. I will have this car right.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #570
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I will have this car right.
Understood.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #571
phk36

Drives: 45 th 2ss convertible
Going to the dealer on Monday for my top. I did have them take a look at it this week as I was in the area. The service advisor said he did not hear about any top problems and I showed him my rub marks that are on drivers side in the front seat area along with the divots. I sent a pm to William and gave the dealer information a few days ago with hopes he would be able to advise my dealer what to do but have not had a reply.
I have to say I know my problems will be the same as others only it will take longer as my car never sees rain and is in the garge with 4,000 miles on it . I also agree the dealer will b/s you as they always do !!! I would also trade this in but I know it would be a $10,000 hit which no one in their sane mind would do . If I could I would get a hard top with a sun roof. And after spending $43,000 plus $2,300 to have the factory ground kit put on this should be the last thing on your mind . We know the only fix is a new top with a new frame . They sell tons of these cars they should be able to take care of us

Last edited by phk36; 11-01-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling
phk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #572
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phk36 View Post
Going to the dealer on Monday for my top. I did have them take a look at it this week as I was in the area. The service advisor said he did not hear about any top problems and I showed him my rub marks that are on drivers side in the front seat area along with the divots. I sent a pm to William and gave the dealer information a few days ago with hopes he would be able to advise my dealer what to do but have not had a reply.
I have to say I know my problems will be the same as others only it will take longer as my car never sees rain and is in the garge with 4,000 miles on it . I also agree the dealer will b/s you as they always do !!! I would also trade this in but I know it would be a $10,000 hit which no one in their sane mind would do . If I could I would get a hard top with a sun roof. And after spending $43,000 plus $2,300 to have the factory ground kit put on this should be the last thing on your mind . We know the only fix is a new top with a new frame . They sell tons of these cars they should be able to take care of us
If all you have are rub marks and not experiencing any wear or holes I would not do anything but get them to document the problem. Get it on record. Then if or when you do see wear or holes developing then is the time to press the issue. I saw a Toyota Solara the other day and it's top was marked up worse than any Camaro I have ever seen. It was covered in them on the side panels and wrinkles all over. This was also a fairly new car. So it's not just Camaros that experience rub marks and wrinkles. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #573
phk36

Drives: 45 th 2ss convertible
Some one did say they changed the frame at the end of 2012 . My car has a 7 2012 date so it falls in to the problem area . When the service advisor looked at it he asked if I leave the top down when the car is in the garage and I never do as I have wrinkles at the back 1/4 glass on both sides. The longest it has been down is for nine hours two times for a car show it was in . I have 15 years as a field service tech I know what goes on .
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #574
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phk36 View Post
Some one did say they changed the frame at the end of 2012 . My car has a 7 2012 date so it falls in to the problem area . When the service advisor looked at it he asked if I leave the top down when the car is in the garage and I never do as I have wrinkles at the back 1/4 glass on both sides. The longest it has been down is for nine hours two times for a car show it was in . I have 15 years as a field service tech I know what goes on .
I think it was more around the April 2012 timeframe they made the changes. By July yours should have had the new design.
Just saying changing the top and frame out for rub marks and wrinkles may be swapping it out for new problems. I am now in a two week waiting period to see if my top will stretch out enough to where it goes down in the well enough to install the tonneau cover. Right now it does not. I also have an issue with the right hand top frame misalignment at the windshield. They will tackle that problem after the two weeks leaving the top up.