Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #43
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Okay...so people shouldn't be able to personalize THEIR OWN vehicle? Also, people that have a V6 shouldn't be allowed to put on the SS or the ZL1 front bumper because that too sets them apart. Should I not be allowed to put on the 1LE/ZL1 rims? If someone wants to add a wrap to their car then let them.
No and no
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #44
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
you "purists" need to take a seat, last time I checked in America, when you buy something, you own it and can do whatever the blank you want with it.
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #45
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I see lots of Camaros going and buying hood wraps after the fact. Not that it matters... if what you want is the looks of the 1LE why pay so much extra if you don't need the power or plan on track use?

Not a big deal. But I'm sure the dealer is overcharging.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #46
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
It looks like I'd be the only one to rip their wrap off IF I had a 1le...
Old 06-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #47
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I thought the 1LE was painted, not wrapped...learn something new everyday.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #48
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Okay...so people shouldn't be able to personalize THEIR OWN vehicle? Also, people that have a V6 shouldn't be allowed to put on the SS or the ZL1 front bumper because that too sets them apart. Should I not be allowed to put on the 1LE/ZL1 rims? If someone wants to add a wrap to their car then let them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMYarb View Post
you "purists" need to take a seat, last time I checked in America, when you buy something, you own it and can do whatever the blank you want with it.
for the record... my point has NOTHING to do with this. It's about GM keeping these parts separate. If you want to go aftermarket and clone a car go for it. It's yours.

When the ZL1 came out the wheels were something special just like the Z/28 wheels. Then they decided to put them on the 1LE too. Of course the 1LE crowd loved it, but it totally diminished the cool factor of the ZL1 wheel and now the market is saturated with them. I just elected to take mine off and go with something else.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #49
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Unfortunately this thread has gone down the wrong path, as so many have here. If you read the 1st Two words of my title!!!! I didn't say anything about anyone doing what ever they want to do to their car.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #50
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I personally think it's fine to wrap one's hood in flat black if they desire, 1LE or not.

In fact, put anything you like on your car, whether it came from an Impala, truck, Z/28, or (fill in the blank).

It's your car, your money, and if anyone that ISN'T paying your bills/supporting your car habit has anything to say about it, chalk it up to their opinion, and just say "have a coke and a smile" and move on.

I don't condone people trying to pass off a car as something it's not, but I really don't give a flip if they put SS badges on a V6 or whatever they want to do to get their own rocks off over their own car. It really comes down to a couple of things:

1) The "clone" is simply that. And it's nowhere near the value of the real thing.

2) The people who whine about something being diluted may be delusional depending on the option "copied." For example, around here, the 1LE and ZL1 are so rare to be seen that I doubt anyone would know the difference between a real one and a fake one, let alone the parts sharing.

3) The people that would look for a genuine car would already have done their research to determine what is genuine and what is fake. So only the clueless would buy clones thinking they were something else. Which means don't be clueless about Camaros. LEARN IT TO EARN IT.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #51
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Unfortunately this thread has gone down the wrong path, as so many have here. If you read the 1st Two words of my title!!!! I didn't say anything about anyone doing what ever they want to do to their car.
Wait...what? You posted a thread that you didn't think would go off on a tangent???

Keep your feet and hands inside the ride at all times.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #52
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Does that mean I cant put a 1LE black spoiler on my V6? lol
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #53
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
they need to do away with the wrap and make the hood exposed CF as standard for 1le...I know I know it will never happen.
Now that's thinking outside the box! I like the idea of cf hood.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #54
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I was hoping that Synergy Green Metallic was going to be exclusive to Camaro. Then they go put it on the Sonic.
Same was for the Inferno Orange Metallic. That's why my wife traded hers in for the Special Spring Edition "Green Flash" and hoping the emerald green stays on the Camaro SS only
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #55
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
You said you wanted to keep the hood wrap exclusive to the 1LE. Others disagree (not me) so you're going to get two sides. GM did this with some Z/28 parts. They did not with ZL1 parts.

You basically have one thing that distinguishes your car from a regular SS and that's the hood wrap and maybe the ZL1 wheels. I agree GM should make that exclusive to 1LE.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #56
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
you're gonna get a ridiculing for this one.... I posted similar to keeping the 45th dressings and markings exclusive... I have the whip marks on my back to prove it....
Quote:
I agree cornerspeed. I would put on your flame/racing suit and get back on the track.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote