Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #15
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the trany tune makes a big differance.
That is very true and on the L99 is perhaps the most dramatic part of the tune. I had to have mine adjusted down twice from the initial tune as the car was just too abrupt but once it felt right it was great no going back.

For the L99 I think a tranny tune is a must do change and of course bye bye AFM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #16
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
That is very true and on the L99 is perhaps the most dramatic part of the tune. I had to have mine adjusted down twice from the initial tune as the car was just too abrupt but once it felt right it was great no going back.

For the L99 I think a tranny tune is a must do change and of course bye bye AFM.
Would a range device suffice? I have a CAI a borla attak exhaust and tomorrow I get my kooks LT Headers and hfc's I'm assuming getting a range would be a plus to this.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #17
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
Would a range device suffice? I have a CAI a borla attak exhaust and tomorrow I get my kooks LT Headers and hfc's I'm assuming getting a range would be a plus to this.
It would nuke the AFM but someone may correct me on this as I'm not sure but I think you will need a tuner to shut off the O2 sensors as the cats will give you a code? And I would imagine the tune would be needed to make those parts perform as intended?

But if it were my car I would tune anyways with those mods and you will have a pretty fast car. Someone who knows more than me will chime in I'm sure....
Old 10-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #18
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Step One: Read this.

The Guide: 5th Gen Camaro Modification

Step Two: Read a lot in here.

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #19
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I haven't done a cam myself because of what may be reduction in engine life. I'm thinking I'm good now, and when its time for an overhaul - go cam.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #20
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post

Wow thanks for the links spent the past hour reading the first one. Now I'm not going to feel bad when I install my headers and hfc's and obviously a tune will have to follow.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would stick to just a headers, CAI, and a tune for a while. You'll be surprised at what that will do for you. If you want more after that I would look into gears and/or a converter. Do your power adders in phases because you'll get used to the power and then have something else to look forward to.

Although I love the sound of a good cammed muscle car I never did a cam in mine and never regretted it. Actually I'm glad I didn't. When I had to sell the car it would have been a negative in the selling process.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:00 PM   #22
qcman

Quote:
Wow thanks for the links spent the past hour reading the first one. Now I'm not going to feel bad when I install my headers and hfc's and obviously a tune will have to follow.
I only went tune nothing else and it woke the car up so much. It depends on what you want but you might want to tune first and see how that feels. Most tuners will update the tunes for free if you purchase parts from them as you progress. Just something to consider and a pretty cheap upgrade.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #23
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
A cam'd car doesn't make a very good daily driver.
You could not be more wrong.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #24
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Sure thing. Just keep reading. There's so much to learn.

I'd also say if there's a local Camaro community that you meet them. Then you can hear exhaust setups, and learn from them.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote