Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #29
Dr_Doom

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
Hey Guys,
I just got a Camaro Convertible 2LT RS, I have put about 950 miles on it and im getting 13.7 mpg. 24 miles on the highway a day. I see some people getting 27-30 hwy. I don't accelerate or brake much and just try to drive 50-65 on the hwy.

It's an incredible car, and I didn't get it to save gas but I would like too if I can.

Thanks for all the info in the last posts!
I know the first several weeks after getting my Camaro, my mileage was not good (due to my lead foot) but I would think that your V6 would get a little better than that on the road.

One thing to keep in mind too, if you do a lot of stopping with the engine running, say in a traffic jam or sitting in line at a resturant drive through, you can literally sit there and watch your MPG go down.

Give it a few runs through several tanks of gas and keep tabs on how much was spent driving or sitting and reset the MPG and Odometer trip at the next fill up to see if its better
Dr_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Doom View Post
I know the first several weeks after getting my Camaro, my mileage was not good (due to my lead foot) but I would think that your V6 would get a little better than that on the road.

One thing to keep in mind too, if you do a lot of stopping with the engine running, say in a traffic jam or sitting in line at a resturant drive through, you can literally sit there and watch your MPG go down.

Give it a few runs through several tanks of gas and keep tabs on how much was spent driving or sitting and reset the MPG and Odometer trip at the next fill up to see if its better
Not only this, but I also tended to start it and leave it running at idle at various car cruise-ins and demonstrating the car features to friends and family - this can also impact the mileage.

However, that all being said, if the car was bought new, it takes a bit for the vehicle to fully break in and come alive. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it for the first 1000-2000 miles. Afterwards, if mileage still is off, then I would be more concerned. It also doesn't look to be waaay off on mileage. The EPA rating is under ideal circumstances and for the V6 is 30 MPH (I think). Based on "normal" driving conditions on the road, I wouldn't be surprised that the actual mileage would be more around 27-28 MPH. Having 24MPH isn't all that far off of that, especially if is during break-in period, running A/C, driving over about 55-65 MPH (and more so if not driving at steady speeds with slow accel, or if at higher elevation).
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote