Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Forge

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT /w Hellion Kit
looking for basic info...

Hey, im new here. Ive been contemplating the new camaros, but not enough info can be found.

price, engine, weight, any specs like these available yet?
Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
There's a sticky thread on the top of the general discussions page with the "facts" that we know. No speculation is included. Good luck with your decision. I'm sure you'll make the right choice.
Dunk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Tons of threads. Start reading. For the most part, the answer is "we don't know yet." GM has been very secretive.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I haven't told someone to use the search button till you posted this. Maybe it's time to start.

Price: cheaper than a Mustang
Engine: LS3 (speculation), LY7 (speculation), economy V6 option
Weight: same as concept at www.chevy.com/performance
0-60: unknown
Seats: 4
Rims: unknown size but will look like concept
Exhaust: dual (V8 with speculated option of dual on an RS V6 if offered), single (V6)
Forced Induction: no
Audio: unknown
OnStar: yes
Trims: speculated base (economy V6), RS (performance V6), Z28 (V8), SS (V8 supercharged, not offered immediately)
Tires: unknown
Interior: leather (speculated to be only an option)
Paint: grey, black, others unknown

Next time, do your research using the search button.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Welcome to the boards Forge, don't mind the guys above, it's been posted several times. Unfortunately there's not a lot of info that's been released. GM has been keeping it under wraps. You can be sure that we'll have it here as it's released to the public. I do have to say, we have a ton of threads about just about any topic on the camaro you can imagine. The search feature will help you out. IF you can't find something try searching for related words and what not. See ya around.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Sorry, had to... Dam these new smiles...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I don't blame him for not wanting to search for info. Almost all of the info posted on this forum is speculation at this point. The "Facts" thread is 6 pages of a lot more than just facts. Go easy on the new guys, or just ignore them when they ask for info. Someone else will answer their questions.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post
Go easy on the new guys, or just ignore them when they ask for info.
I have to disagree with this.

If your advise to all is to ignore new guys questions...who's left to answer them? Other new guys who probably don't know what they're talking about?

Second...please, I understand that this is an extremely beaten topic...but:

We like New people. Ask yourself, how did we treat you when you were new?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge View Post
Hey, im new here. Ive been contemplating the new camaros, but not enough info can be found.

price, engine, weight, any specs like these available yet?
Thats why this forum exists

We guess for now, and post what is known when its confirmed
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I didn't mean to ignore posts from new guys. LOL

What I meant was to ignore posts that ask for info that's already been posted...if answering posts like that upsets anyone.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
Forge

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT /w Hellion Kit
Ya, i did search but got alot of speculation and my brothers friends, uncles, bothers, kids friends, daddys, mother said this. I was wondering if anyone knew of specific facts.

Like Cast or forged pistons? Pressed rods? Weight with XXX options, etc.

Sorry didnt mean to be a pain, and i know this was probably asked 100 times. But after searching google for an hour, i got fed up. I was hoping for an easy fix here, but i guess you guys are in the dark just as much as me.

Trying to decide to build up mu current shortblock for more boost (ya i know, its a mustang), get a new SS camaro, or save up for a new Skyline.

as for the post, eh ive got some thick skin. At 27yrs old, takes more than some "learn to search noob" post to upset me
Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Ya, i did search but got alot of speculation and my brothers friends, uncles, bothers, kids friends, daddys, mother said this. I was wondering if anyone knew of specific facts.

Sorry didnt mean to be a pain, and i know this was probably asked 100 times. But after searching google for an hour, i got fed up. I was hoping for an easy fix here, but i guess you guys are in the dark just as much as me.

Trying to decide to build up mu current shortblock for more boost (ya i know, its a mustang), get a new SS camaro, or save up for a new Skyline.
Unfortunately. You're not gonna find ANY solid stats. especially the kind you're looking for. It's sucks...and it doesn't: builds up for a bigger surprise for everybody (i.e. the competition )

As for you're decision...go for the new Camaro. You won't be disapointed. Of course, this is coming from a Camaro site, so...............
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We don't know the engine sizes, let alone the internals. this stuff should be revealed within the next . . . 15 months. Be patient and enjoy your mustang for now, then abandon the dark side in 2009!

Also, there is no word yet on if there will be an SS or not, or if it will be the top Camaro if it is offered. There are threads that go into this debate, so please feel free to read what we guess and post your opinions there
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

as for the post, eh ive got some thick skin. At 27yrs old, takes more than some "learn to search noob" post to upset me

Great response, Forge...and welcome to the site.

As for the info, we are just as in the dark as you are when it comes to certain specifics. We do know some...what there is (released) to know...and have a good idea on how other stuff will be...but... that's where we sre.

Stick around. There are some great people here. Yes, there's some who get tired of hearing the same question. I can get that way too. But, WE WERE ALL IN THAT SAME BOAT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote