Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #421
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
I get the rpm dip all the time...as long as I am around 1k it jumps back and forth like a trampoline. Mine is an auto so it hasnt stalled but it sure as hell feels like it. I contacted IPF but havent gotten a response and Im guessing it might have went to spam as well. Hope you get everything fixed man! Mine runs great except I think it is running at about half the power its possible of. Trying to find a gauge pillar to get an eye on everything.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #422
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Does your car ever dip in RPM's while coming to a stop from 45+ mph at around 30 mph? Mine has only stalled once in the past week but every day after the car has warmed up the engine will dip in RPM's around 30 mph when coming to a stop and the smell of fuel is very strong. I have a theory about why its doing it but will take time to test it.

Do you know what tune you are running? The current tune I have has near 0% LTFT's. The one prior to that was +25% LTFT's and causing massive problems with WOT runs from being too rich.
Sorry so slow to respond (I hate how work gets in the way of important stuff!).
Since mine's a stick shift, at 45mph I'm usually cruising in 4th (3.73 gears). So when I brake, I just stay in that gear with clutch engaged (no downshifting to aid in slowing- gears and clutches more $ than brake pads) until my RPM are down to 1200-1,000. Then push in the clutch and brake to a stop.

Driving that way RPM's just drop on down to about 700 and remain there nice and steady at idle.

If it's a more sudden need to stop- it's clutch in and hard on the brakes with engine RPM dropping steadily to 700.

I don't remember specifically what my tune was called. We went thru several last minute variations trying to get the speedo reading correct for my gears.

I did just break down and buy a tuning module- haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but when I figure out which tune I've got I'll be sure to let you know.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #423
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Hey magnum, have you installed your CC yet? … Want to make sure its okay to pull the intake manifold "plug" out and connect it to the CC to breathe better. I also found a temporary spot for the CC bc I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Put mine on the Bolt, on the left of the IM where it holds the crankcase tube in place.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #424
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
make sure you have a check valve to prevent boost back pressure.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #425
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Hey magnum, have you installed your CC yet? … Want to make sure its okay to pull the intake manifold "plug" out and connect it to the CC to breathe better. I also found a temporary spot for the CC bc I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Put mine on the Bolt, on the left of the IM where it holds the crankcase tube in place.
Nope, FedEx had my package near Dallas, TX which is a few hours away, now nothing. Was supposed to get here Thursday, got pushed to Friday, now no estimate at all. Requested a trace be put on the package after I heard the BS of how they are handling high shipping volume. Its like Christmas just snuck up on the managers of FedEx, its an elusive holiday that nobody knows is coming until its here.

I pulled the plug out, used the original thingy that went into the hole, and put the bar that held the plug in over the thingy to prevent it from blowing out. Definitely need a check valve though or bad things will happen.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #426
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
FedEx has turned in a black hole ! Had a shipment that was out for delivery to my house last Wednesday. Now it's Sunday and delivery date is N/A ????
Old 12-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #427
MagnumForceGB

Since the Mustang needs to be shown every once in a while:
Old 12-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #428
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Nice pic, I'd love either the Camaro or Mustang in Oz :(
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #429
MagnumForceGB

FedEx now has the can on the truck and will be delivered tomorrow. Christmas day I will be able to test drive it with my logger hooked up to see if improved.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #430
MagnumForceGB

Wahoo, FedEx delivered the catch can just now. Going to work on installing it, will take a while since its 30 degrees in the garage.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #431
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Wahoo, FedEx delivered the catch can just now. Going to work on installing it, will take a while since its 30 degrees in the garage.
Cool, be sure to let us know where you mount it.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #432
MagnumForceGB

Mounted it where I had my old RX catch can. I put a plug on the IPF can where the 3/8th line from the dirty side went. The zip ties that are on the catch can are to make sure the catch can doesn't slide into the coolant pulley.

Will see how it looks after a week or so, couldn't find any other place to mount it. Had to use a longer screw to get it where it is now.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #433
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Looks good magnum, was originally going to put it there kind of like sycrafts, but was a little nervous about putting it near the serpentine belt. Here's where I mounted mine for the time being .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #434
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
mines in front like Magnums, my bracket is cut so that it cannot swing into the front pullys, plenty of clearance. If the bely shreds I am more worried about he proximity to the cam sensors....Plus I can drain it easily. Nasty, I do like your location, there are few placed to put a can with everything under the hood.