Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatSS View Post
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Why not keep both?
won't work because the cousin will try to challenge your girlfriend like the Challenger is trying to do now , because it wants to still your heart . so now you're caught
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged zl1 View Post
My brother has a challenger it feels like a boat inside.

Don't most things in San Diego feel like a boat inside?
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
won't work because the cousin will try to challenge your girlfriend like the Challenger is trying to do now , because it wants to still your heart . so now you're caught
I'd be surprised if someone had both cars as they're pretty similar. Unless one is a v6 and another is a v8.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I'd be surprised if someone had both cars as they're pretty similar. Unless one is a v6 and another is a v8.
Yes, you're right they are similar but that's why I would have both because they're are huge two door cars. So they both look mean on the road. It's funny. you said that because every dealer I went to for both cars said that they notice ppl that like the camaro also seems. to like the Challenger and vice verse.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I decided to rent a Dodge Challenger V6 for a long trip.

I have a fully loaded 2LT/RS and this was a base model V6 but I will keep it apples to apples.

Interior:
When I got in, I immediately felt like I was getting in my car's cousin. The Challenger's interior is made out of soft elephant skin plastic instead of our hard elephant skin plastic. The seats are much softer and more supportive and had lumbar support. The engineering font gauges were actually pretty cool but the radio was something from the early 2000s. The radio controls on the steering wheel were in the back of the wheel but made sense once you got used to it.

It has more back seat room to where two adults were actually comfortable in the back. So much that this could be the "family sedan".

Visibility is slightly better except for the c-pillar which is a "forgedaboutit".

What's really nice is the door windows are not at shoulder height and are a bit bigger. Going to the ATM? Drive through? No problem.

Exterior:
It is a simplistic design and the straight lines make this look really, really wide! I love the back of it l and the trunk was very retro. When you open it, it felt like you were opening an early 70's big car. I got more looks only because there aren't many challengers around that city but the camaro population is higher than expected.

Drive and performance:
The suspension is much softer to where I felt like it was a driving a family sedan. Pretty smooth but not sporty. MPG was pretty much the same as the V6 camaro but better in the city, which matched EPA numbers of 18/27.

One thing is for sure, this V6 is not slow. Power is more than adequate. Very low end torque felt more than the camaro but on the mid/high end, my camaro can beat it.

Overall, it was like your girlfriend's cousin came over. She doesn't look better but has some of your gf's features like hair and cheek bones. You converse and enjoy her company. Makes you laugh. But she's more tame and not too deep of a person. After she leaves, you look at your gf and you start to appreciate how she looks and how wild she is.

It was fun but I'm happy with what I have.
Great review and yep, we all have different loves. Personal dream garage would include a Challgner SRT8 for the daily grind, cruising, and long trips and a SS 1LE for when i feel like getting dirty in some curves
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
AmericanMuscle4.6GT

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT M5
Challengers look great and are the most unique out of the 3 muscle cars since they're the most rare. But they really need to lose some weight for the next gen just like the Mustang and Camaro will be doing.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenger, comparison, rent, review