Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
highoctane - do you have a lot of time on your hands or do you like to stalk me? Seriously, why do you care so much what kind of questions I ask on this board?

FYI, I ask them because I have about 1 year to wait till I get my car. So why not talk about it, that's what a forum is for is it not? Or do you suppose a forum exists purely for you to harass people. Go start your own thread, I promise I won't care about yours if you promise you will ignore mine. Okay? Seems like the mature thing for you to do.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #16
HIGHOCTANE

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
highoctane - do you have a lot of time on your hands or do you like to stalk me? Seriously, why do you care so much what kind of questions I ask on this board?

FYI, I ask them because I have about 1 year to wait till I get my car. So why not talk about it, that's what a forum is for is it not? Or do you suppose a forum exists purely for you to harass people. Go start your own thread, I promise I won't care about yours if you promise you will ignore mine. Okay? Seems like the mature thing for you to do.
I don't have alot of time on my hands...that is why I detest you wasting peoples time with worthless threads such as this one...
I am all for helping when I can as are most of the members here..so they will waste their time unkowingly responding to the same questions you have asked over and over in multiple threads.

To anyone who cares...search the OPs previous threads before you waste your time giving him advice...

2010 IBM 2SS/RS Camaro (M6)
Previous rides:
2003 Twin Turbo Mustang Cobra(900 RWHP)
2004 KB S/C Mustang Cobra(700 RWHP)
2003 Mustang GT,Heads,Cam, N20 ect..
HIGHOCTANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
stop the bickering. You don't like the thread, then stay out of it.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #18
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Guys, guys there's no need to keep beating a dead horse.

OP Just get the gt500, if thats what you want then get it.. simple as that.

I don't own a gt500.. so I couldn't back this up, but I heard the stock tires suck.. just saying
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
rez333

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
I don't have alot of time on my hands...that is why I detest you wasting peoples time with worthless threads such as this one...
I am all for helping when I can as are most of the members here..so they will waste their time unkowingly responding to the same questions you have asked over and over in multiple threads.

To anyone who cares...search the OPs previous threads before you waste your time giving him advice...
That's illogical. To save time, people can opt out of clicking on the thread. I fail to see what compels you to click on a thread that obviously annoys you. And by the way, you're the only one who consistently harasses me, so yeah it's just you on the whiney whiney horse. But nice try asking people to join you on your funny ride.

Despite how much you annoy me, do you see me going to your threads to harass you? No, because my time is too precious to waste and I respect your right to write whatever you wish. One wonders why you are incapable of managing your time as sensibly, or affording others the same courtesy for that matter.

Last edited by rez333; 05-05-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #21
wombatsauce

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
the late engagement of the clutch and the handling: specifically placing the car precisely on the road. I'm not sure whether it was because of the visibility or the sheer width of the car or the suspension.
In my humble opinion, these comments are pretty silly and speaks of someone who needs lots more driving experience. In addition, it sounds like you do not want a Camaro. I daily drive my '10 M6 SS up/down CA Highway 1 and the car is flat out amazing. It does exactly what I want it to, and corners brilliantly. It is a BIG car, but that has no real meaning for me as I have never had an issue on any of the twisty backroads - except people in smaller and/or "faster" cars holding me up. It's quite easy and comfortable to guide this car through these roads at the speed limit.

Today I drove my Classic Mini which is obviously quite a bit smaller than the Camaro. A few days ago I drove my Impreza. I've had lots of experience on these roads in many, many cars and I've zero complaints on the Camaro.

As far as test driving the car or whatever, I refused to test drive it until they removed the markup. I was finally poised to buy a new daily driver and took one last look at the new Camaros on the way to test drive my choice, a 2010 VW GTI. I bought the Camaro and never set foot on the VW car lot. I moved the Camaro about 10 feet by the time I decided I wanted it. I never want to sell it. My suggestion to you is to find a car that you feel THIS WAY about, and then buy it. Next, do some High Performance Driving Events with NASA or another group and really get to know your car and your driving abilities in a safe environment.

Personally the thought of feeling "lukewarm" after driving a new Camaro is quite alien - I don't understand it. Even going out to the car this morning to put the windshield shade in since it's sitting - I take a look around the interior and that's pretty exciting for me. I found the right car for ME. Hope you do too!!
wombatsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #22
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'd like to see exactly what the Z28 is going to have. Until Chevy releases all the data, all we can do is guess. That being said, I'm pretty darn happy with my 2SS!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsauce View Post
In my humble opinion, these comments are pretty silly and speaks of someone who needs lots more driving experience. In addition, it sounds like you do not want a Camaro. I daily drive my '10 M6 SS up/down CA Highway 1 and the car is flat out amazing. It does exactly what I want it to, and corners brilliantly. It is a BIG car, but that has no real meaning for me as I have never had an issue on any of the twisty backroads - except people in smaller and/or "faster" cars holding me up. It's quite easy and comfortable to guide this car through these roads at the speed limit.

Today I drove my Classic Mini which is obviously quite a bit smaller than the Camaro. A few days ago I drove my Impreza. I've had lots of experience on these roads in many, many cars and I've zero complaints on the Camaro.

As far as test driving the car or whatever, I refused to test drive it until they removed the markup. I was finally poised to buy a new daily driver and took one last look at the new Camaros on the way to test drive my choice, a 2010 VW GTI. I bought the Camaro and never set foot on the VW car lot. I moved the Camaro about 10 feet by the time I decided I wanted it. I never want to sell it. My suggestion to you is to find a car that you feel THIS WAY about, and then buy it. Next, do some High Performance Driving Events with NASA or another group and really get to know your car and your driving abilities in a safe environment.

Personally the thought of feeling "lukewarm" after driving a new Camaro is quite alien - I don't understand it. Even going out to the car this morning to put the windshield shade in since it's sitting - I take a look around the interior and that's pretty exciting for me. I found the right car for ME. Hope you do too!!
While I can feel your passion through the computer screen, please be careful with your suggestive comments (specifically regarding the driving experience).

Thanks
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #24
rez333

Quote:
In my humble opinion, these comments are pretty silly and speaks of someone who needs lots more driving experience. In addition, it sounds like you do not want a Camaro.
The every single professional reviewer needs more driving experience by your standards because my feelings mirror theirs. Here is an example (2009):

Quote:
"lively feel"
"feels lighter"
"almost like a race car around turns"

That's on the 2010, and has been the consistent universal feeling amongst professional reviewers. Here's the updated review for 2010:

Quote:
"light nimble chassis"

Here's another one:

Quote:
"feels poised and precise all the way to the limit"

None of these comments of "precise", "poised", "nimble", "feels lively" etc. are EVER given to the Camaro.

Now I'm not saying all this to put down the Camaro, but merely to rebuff your suggestions that I don't have driving experience as clearly your opinion contradicts professional reviewers with more objectivity and experience than you.

Quote:
I daily drive my '10 M6 SS up/down CA Highway 1 and the car is flat out amazing. It does exactly what I want it to, and corners brilliantly. It is a BIG car, but that has no real meaning for me as I have never had an issue on any of the twisty backroads - except people in smaller and/or "faster" cars holding me up. It's quite easy and comfortable to guide this car through these roads at the speed limit.

Now, I must say, I DID enjoy my testdrive of the Camaro SS. I didn't have anything really to complain about except for the late engagement of the clutch. Apparently though, a late engaging clutch is desirable for racing purposes as it allows you to do quick gear changes. Personally I don't like it because I will use it more for street than on the track.

However, I simply enjoyed the precise feeling of the handling of the Mustang more. I have recently narrowed my choices down to two cars now. First choice is the 2011 Shelby GT500, and second is the 2012 Camaro SS if finances don't pan out for some reason. I've decided against the Camaro Z/28 just because the timing doesn't allow me to test drive it and then make a decision in my time frame.

I think the lack of precision is a combination of the visibility and size of the Camaro. It is something that you can get used to over time, but if you're going for a test drive or you're a professional reviewer, you're going to be comparing it with other cars. So therefore, I'm not too concerned about my feelings of the Camaro's precision. I think it's a terrific car. At the GT500 price, I would choose the GT500 over the Z/28; but at the Mustang GT price, I would choose the Camaro SS.

Last edited by rez333; 05-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
HIGHOCTANE

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
At the GT500 price, I would choose the GT500 over the Z/28

There is NO Production 5th Gen Z/28!!!!!!(all though I hope there is soon) There isn't even any solid info at this point...So yes that choice would be pretty easy lol. Lets see GT500 or a car that doesn't exsist...hmmm?

BTW..not stalking you..I am sub'd because I posted in the thread...about to fix that now.

2010 IBM 2SS/RS Camaro (M6)
Previous rides:
2003 Twin Turbo Mustang Cobra(900 RWHP)
2004 KB S/C Mustang Cobra(700 RWHP)
2003 Mustang GT,Heads,Cam, N20 ect..
HIGHOCTANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
The every single professional reviewer needs more driving experience by your standards because my feelings mirror theirs. Here is an example:

Quote:
"lively feel"
"feels lighter"
"almost like a race car around turns"

That's on the 2010, and has been the consistent universal feeling amongst professional reviewers. Here's another one:

Quote:
"feels poised and precise all the way to the limit"

None of these comments of "precise", "poised", "feels lively" etc. are EVER given to the Camaro.

Now I'm not saying all this to put down the Camaro, but merely to rebuff your suggestions that I don't have driving experience as clearly your opinion contradicts professional reviewers with more objectivity and experience than you.

Now, I must say, I DID enjoy my testdrive of the Camaro SS. I didn't have anything really to complain about except for the late engagement of the clutch. Apparently though, a late engaging clutch is desirable for racing purposes as it allows you to do quick gear changes. Personally I don't like it because I will use it more for street than on the track.

However, I simply enjoyed the precise feeling of the handling of the Mustang more. I have recently narrowed my choices down to two cars now. First choice is the 2011 Shelby GT500, and second is the 2012 Camaro SS if finances don't pan out for some reason. I've decided against the Camaro Z/28 just because the timing doesn't allow me to test drive it and then make a decision in my time frame.

I think the lack of precision is a combination of the visibility and size of the Camaro. It is something that you can get used to over time, but if you're going for a test drive or you're a professional reviewer, you're going to be comparing it with other cars. So therefore, I'm not too concerned about my feelings of the Camaro's precision. I think it's a terrific car. At the GT500 price, I would choose the GT500 over the Z/28; but at the Mustang GT price, I would choose the Camaro SS.
I have to say the clutch was a problem for me, too, lol It was easy enough after I killed it my first attempt at moving the car, but it just took a little familiarity, IMO.

As far as comparing SS to the GT500, I don't really consider that a fair match up, but since SS is all we have to do battle right now, then it is what it is. However, and I'm not sure how you feel about mod'ing, and since you haven't complained about the power in this post I'll address the handling, but it seems like you can save a boatload of $$$ on a 2SS, spend less than half the difference in price (between the two) on a complete chassis/suspension make over, and you'd hand a GT500 it's arse. I can't say anything about the view, because I think that's subjective and gives Camaro much of it's character, but you can change SS into a GT500 killer, so long as you don't have plans to mod' the GT500 significantly in the future. Stock-to-stock, it goes without saying the GT500 has a lot of room to grow over SS, but I don't recall your ideas about mod'ing.

It really sounds like you've already made your mind up, really. No one even knows what Z28 is going to be, but if you aren't planning on SS until '12 (your worst case senario) and are automatically discounting the chance of a '12 Z28, I'm not sure why you're posting here...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
get the Camaro
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
rez333

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I have to say the clutch was a problem for me, too, lol It was easy enough after I killed it my first attempt at moving the car, but it just took a little familiarity, IMO.

As far as comparing SS to the GT500, I don't really consider that a fair match up, but since SS is all we have to do battle right now, then it is what it is. However, and I'm not sure how you feel about mod'ing, and since you haven't complained about the power in this post I'll address the handling, but it seems like you can save a boatload of $$$ on a 2SS, spend less than half the difference in price (between the two) on a complete chassis/suspension make over, and you'd hand a GT500 it's arse. I can't say anything about the view, because I think that's subjective and gives Camaro much of it's character, but you can change SS into a GT500 killer, so long as you don't have plans to mod' the GT500 significantly in the future. Stock-to-stock, it goes without saying the GT500 has a lot of room to grow over SS, but I don't recall your ideas about mod'ing.

It really sounds like you've already made your mind up, really. No one even knows what Z28 is going to be, but if you aren't planning on SS until '12 (your worst case senario) and are automatically discounting the chance of a '12 Z28, I'm not sure why you're posting here...
Why am I posting here? Because I like to talk. That is the point of forums, is it not? I honestly don't have any inclination of starting the types of numerous threads that start on these forums because I have absolutely no interest in them. Nevertheless - those people like to express themselves in that manner.

For me, the car choosing experience is a very important one. And therefore I have an inclination to share the thought processes going behind it. My post is the conclusion of my Z/28 journey, and as painful as some may have found it - it was more painful for my friends who have to live through this process every lunch time.

But you're right: modding the SS is a viable alternative.