Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #71
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'll be notifying your agent to let them know to contact you via e-mail. Could you direct message me the best e-mail to contact you at? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #72
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Nothing in about a week from anyone. What is the next level at this point?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #73
Dans2SS

Could it be?

Yeah it might actually be true. The car actually might be fixed.

So last week (Thursday) I was headed to the Dentist and ended up by the next closest dealer to me. Said f*** it and dropped it off with them and picked up a rental. Told the guys I had 3 issues.

-Front brake squeal when pedal not applied
-Drivers rear tire rattle noise over rough road.
-After HVAC recall work AC has a low gear like 'whir' when pulling away from light. and dead spots where AC isn't cooling.

Service guys were cool with it took her right in. Got a call that afternoon they couldn't' duplicate and wanted to test more and keep over night. Something the first dealer never did.

Friday comes and goes and I stop by there on the way home from work.
-Tech tells me the HVAC issue is an easy fix. He said when the other dealer did the recall work they didn't do it all. I guess there is a retune for the computer controlling the compressor and on on the ECU to control it all. The ECU wasn't done. He also ordered a belt under a TSB and replaced it.
-Brakes on order. No fight there he did it under the TSB. This was what the other dealer told me they would do as a 'good will' gesture because I was outside a mileage window.
-Take the service tech out and duplicate the rear tire noise. The cool thing here is once he heard it and and was able to duplicate he didn't stop trying to fix it. We did find rocks in the rear shock mount control arm as mentioned in another thread. Not the fix though.
So they keep the car over the weekend while waiting for parts. Service mgr even agreed to cover my rental which I wasn't expecting because most I've dealt with state if the car is drivable you can take.

Monday comes with no word. Stop by again. The tech is now as mad as I am about this noise and has had the whole car apart working with GM techs for suggestions and the like. Only thing I'm not really happy about is they took my plate frame off and screwed in all 4 plate holes. So I have to figure something out there case the frame I had didn't have the lower holes. Now the tech has broke out the BFH and is hitting the tire trying to chase the sound. Seems its the heat shield/backing plate on the brake. Several test to adjust or dampen it don't work. A little confused by it he states he's going to order a new one. Brakes and AC are done.

Tuesday get a late call, wheel sensor cracked on re-install. New one on order.

Wed car is done and I've driven it to work today. So far I've not heard the rattle and I was over some rough roads (any one that knows DC Metro knows what I mean) this morning. Brakes are quiet and not even squealing on initial application. I'll continue to monitor this as I know things can change as the brakes settle in. The AC is this afternoons test. But the little I had it so far the whir is still there. But I probably won't hear it with the radio on (off for testing of brakes).

I am to a point from the problems I was having and the local dealer not helping and the other random issues Camaros are having that I was shopping the car around. I do have to give credit where its due though. The second dealership I went to went above and beyond to make the car right. Not the whole 'can't duplicate' here's your car back attitude I was getting. I'd still like to file a complaint on the one dealership for their actions. Guess I need to fire up the letter writing machine and hit up GM.

Last edited by Dans2SS; 08-05-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Dans2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #74
Dans2SS

maybe I've not been clear enough when asking this question.

How do I file a complaint on my shitty dealer that did nothing to try to fix my issue? CAC did not work as anything Jeff has tried to do didn't result in a call from CAC as I hoped. I'm guessing this case was closed. This is bullshit since this is the only GM dealer within an hr of where I live they need to have complaints filed in hopes they treat this small community better.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #75
Dans2SS

So Jeff opened another CAC case for me to file a complaint. I've missed calls from this rep as well. I've just completed sending several emails to update the case with all the info. Hopefully it gets updated to the case and the rep on it can see it and review.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #76
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans2SS View Post
Seems its the heat shield/backing plate on the brake. Several test to adjust or dampen it don't work. A little confused by it he states he's going to order a new one.

So are you calling this the fix? I have the exact same issue.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #77
Dans2SS

With the car on the lift he had a hammer and was hitting both rear tires to make the sound. He tried to bend and buffer the heat shield but it kept doing it. So he replaced it. He said the way it it stamped there is a thin spot at one of the bends.

I've had the car back since the 8/5 or so and put a few hunfred miles on it. No noise to date. And I've been driving one rougher roads than before. So with fingers crossed I'll say its fixed.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #78
Dans2SS

GM Customer service..... WTF?

GM Customer service is baffling me. I got a call from a 3rd party satisfaction group. They wanted to talk to me about a phone call I had with Leo (area repfor my first complaint) on Aug 16. Issue is I never talked to Leo on Aug 16. Once I told her that she wanted nothing to do with me and basically got off the phone as quick as she could.

What I'm guessing is Leo closed my first case out and marked it off that he spoke to me and that was the follow up call. Not impressed.

So now my initial complaint is in god only knows status. My second one, post fix is dormant as well I've gotten nothing from anyone on it. I really hope GM is on here reading. Cause right now I think you all are royally screwing up.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #79
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I've got a bit of an update for you. I'd like to send you a direct message.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #80
Dans2SS

I appreciate what you do Jeff. But I'm not really happy with how this seesm so have gone.

The dealer that screwed me is the only one in my local area and they treat the customers like crap. You'd think GM would want to address this since the bad word of mouth will run customers off from the 'local' dealer.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #81
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Have the same issue. Squeak on the front brakes. Here's the gig, I pulled everything and re-lubed with a good professional brake lube. I instructed my wife to NEVER take the vehicle through a car wash. Squeaks are gone. The high pressure water is doing in the brake lube in car washes. I've instructed my dealer no mechanical wash. I only hand wash now and the problem is solved. Works!
The noise started happening with me last night right after I went through a touchless car wash.

I need to try and see if this works.

Thanks!

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote