Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
All of you with this type of issue, just check your lower control arms in the back. Make sure there is not anything inside of them. It seems that more than two people have resloved this issue, by removing what was ever inside the control arm. Mine was a bolt, other's said they had rocks in there. What ever the case is, it can't hurt too look or have the dealer look there. If that is not the issue, then I hope they find what is causing your cluck and fix it.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
webigon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Auto SIM
FYI - I looked and there is nothing in there...
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Auto SIM - CAI, Inc. - Apex Scoop - Apex Washer Relocate - ARH LT 1 7/8" X 3" System - Borla ATAK Axle Back - GM Strut Brace - PFADT Stage 2 Sway Bars, Drop Springs & End Links - JRE Tune
webigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
yah i am thinking that mine sounds to loud to be something stuck in the control arm. I am taking it in to the installer tomorrow for them to look over everything.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Good luck to you guys and I hope they find the issue.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #19
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Is it a clunk or a rattle. Mine sounded like a can of change over rough road. Head rocks in lower rear suspension, but that didn't stop noise. Ended up being shield on rear brake.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151206

There are videos on last couple pages are old. Here are better links

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...amaronoise.mp4

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...tlingpart2.mp4
Old 07-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #20
MisterQ555

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Rattle

I had a hollow sounding rear end rattle as well. Noticed it mostly when cold and at slow speeds over small bumps. Found it last week. Ended up being the driver side muffler rattling against the bar above. Only happened until the muffler heated up. tied one loop of header pipe wrap around it... No more rattle.

Last edited by MisterQ555; 07-16-2019 at 02:48 PM.
MisterQ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:18 PM   #21
puertoricancamaro
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 red jewel & black 1lt camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to puertoricancamaro
I had the clunking issue, I installed rear and front struts and rear sway bar bushings and rear end links , exhaust hangers and the plate that is below the exhaust for better clearance but I still had the clunking sound. But today September 23, 2022 I replace the rear toe arms , some people call toe links, it's connected to the spindle and the original has rubber bushings , I installed BMR toe arms with poly bushings and the clunking is freaking gone. Thank God.And car runs better. I found out the issue by jacking the tire off the ground and put a bar under the tire and move the wheel up and down with the bar and it made the clunking noise but the driver's side was good. My next to change will be trailing arms by BMR . But finally happy clunk is gone👍
puertoricancamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:07 AM   #22
Snipes12ss

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
I had the rear end clunk noise after installing my Hotchkis 1" lowering springs on my 2012 SS convertible.
Fix is to make sure your rear end links are tightened very well. I spent hours trying to figure out the problem. I thought I had the end links tight enough but had my mechanic torque them down more and the loud clunk sound totally went away and I cannot be happier with the lowering springs.
Snipes12ss is offline   Reply With Quote