Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #407
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by khedge View Post
Nice build for sure... I am sure ready to start mine. But in due time.
Thanks Khedge! I am happy the way it turned out and the power (oh my)!

There are other guys on here running the F-1X than can better vouch for the power because they have built engines that can take the boost this sucker will put up. Rdunn comes to mind . . . He has one mean machine!!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:30 PM   #408
BiggFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Would you happen to have a part number for the arp bolts? I'm looking at those same wheels.

thanks
Well man, for now this is what the shop is thinking . . . better be ready for some sticker shock, but I don't care because I don't want rusting bolts on my wheels , , , Just sayin.

Shop thinks the ARP part number is 612-1250. They are 13.95 for 5 bolts and the 2 wheels will need 17 packs to give you a few spare bolts.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Last edited by BiggFoot; 08-15-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #409
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
Well man, for now this is what the shop is thinking . . . better be ready for some sticker shock, but I don't care because I don't want rusting bolts on my wheels , , , Just sayin.

Shop thinks the ARP part number is 612-1250. They are 13.95 for 5 bolts and the 2 wheels will need 17 packs to give you a few spare bolts.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #410
khedge

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Thanks Khedge! I am happy the way it turned out and the power (oh my)!

There are other guys on here running the F-1X than can better vouch for the power because they have built engines that can take the boost this sucker will put up. Rdunn comes to mind . . . He has one mean machine!!
I feel you. I have been back and forth and I think am just going to get a 416 short block built. I just want to do once and right.
khedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #411
BiggFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by khedge View Post
I feel you. I have been back and forth and I think am just going to get a 416 short block built. I just want to do once and right.
A built 416 would be sweet!!

Before I got the 2010 I now have, I was looking at the ZL1 when it first came out. I had the money together and was going to buy the car and send it straight to Lingenfelter for a bore/stroke, Whipple, cam, headers, etc., but I got in the game too late and couldn't locate a ZL1 (looked ever where). I sort of just forgot about pursuing my hot rod dream then one day I am poking around in the used car section of the Camaro Forum and found this 2010 Camaro in IOM, manual, with Maggie/cam/headers and a few other goodies. It only had 8000 miles on it and ended up costing less that half what I was going to pay for the modded ZL1, so I snatched it up and have been adding HP to it ever since, lol.

If a guy really knows what he wants from the beginning, he can save himself a ton of money by going all out and doing it right the first time. Problem is that many of us don't really know what we want and squeezing the oink out of our Camaro's is a learning process, whether you do the work or you hire a shop to do it.

GL on your 416 build. It will be a beast!!

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Last edited by BiggFoot; 08-18-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #412
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
If a guy really knows what he wants from the beginning, he can save himself a ton of money by going all out and doing it right the first time. Problem is that many of us don't really know what we want
Biggs, no truer words have ever been spoken on a forum! But hey, that's the game. Always chasing the next mod...
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #413
khedge

I appreciate it. I too wanted a ZL1 but just couldn't afford it at the time. Then the 1le came out and I decided to go that route.

Well end the end there is no replacement for displacement lol... welp let me keep saving this money and get everything some what started. The fuel system and driveline will come first.

Quote:
A built 416 would be sweet!!

Before I got the 2010 I now hav4, I was looking at the ZL1 when it first came out. I had the money together and was going to buy the car and send it straight to Lingenfelter for a bore/stroke, Whipple, cam, headers, etc., but I got in the game too late and couldn't locate a ZL1 (looked ever where). I sort of just forgot about pursuing my hot rod dream then one day I am poking around in the used car section of the Camaro Forum and found this 2010 Camaro in IOM, manual, with Maggie/cam/headers and a few other goodies. It only had 8000 miles on it and ended up costing less that half what I was going to pay for the modded ZL1, so I snatched it up and have been adding HP to it ever since, lol.

If a guy really knows what he wants from the beginning, he can save himself a ton of money by going all out and doing it right the first time. Problem is that many of us don't really know what we want and squeezing the oink out of our Camaro's is a learning process, whether you do the work or you hire a shop to do it.

GL on your 416 build. It will be a beast!!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #414
BiggFoot

Taylor my man, that ProCharger still have you grinning from ear to ear??

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 08-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #415
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yes sir! I love the way she sings. So, I rarely use the radio any more.

Just got a quote to add a cam, headers, HFC, pulley and meth. About $5k. Here we go again...
Old 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #416
BiggFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
Yes sir! I love the way she sings. So, I rarely use the radio any more.

Just got a quote to add a cam, headers, HFC, pulley and meth. About $5k. Here we go again...
Dang man, when you get all that installed please remind me to steer clear of you! She will really be singing. If you have the $$$, forget the meth and go with E85 if it is available in your area. Its not a cheap conversion but burns clean/cool and is easy on your engine. Yes you will need more fuel pump and injectors, that is why it isn't cheap, but once you make the switch, oh man does it make a difference (especially on a boosted car). It's basically race fuel for < $2/gal.

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 08-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #417
BiggFoot

Well ladies and gents, it is exactly one week to reckoning day when I get to test this new ProCharger set up. As always when leading up to a track day I am already getting nervous. I am afraid to set my expectations too high because I have done that in the past and in the process experienced great disappointment.

I keep telling myself that the car definitely feels faster but that is with limited testing on the street. I also keep reminding myself that I am bringing an extra 110 hp to the table since my last track day 8 months ago. The deal is that the extra hp really only kicks in at the upper rpm band so I will need to keep that pedal planted and hit my shifts or it will be a disappointing day.

My goal is to snatch the top spot on the M6 Anything Goes - Street Registered Fast List, and I need to beat 10.1 sec to take that spot. Guess we will soon see.

There have been a number of you that have stuck with me from the beginning of this project and guys all I can say is for the support.

I will report back here no matter what the results, be it good or bad, and I have a friend that may come and video some of the runs. I hope he is able to make it because he does a really nice job on video.

Any of you guys that can make it out to Royal Purple next Saturday, please come, and if you do then please find me and introduce yourself. Track opens at 5 pm but I probably wont make a run until it begins to cool off a bit (8:00-8:30).

RPM Level VII
TR6060
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Old 08-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #418
RealQuick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 - Intake/Exhaust
Good luck! I'll be watching for results! Good or bad, I am sure you will come away with some positives, whether it be learnings about driving it again with the new power band, or learn that the car needs some adjustments, but you'll come away with knowledge on how to improve the following time out.

Jon
RealQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #419
khedge

Good luck... I'll be up that way next weekend. I'll see if I can make it out
Old 08-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #420
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Good luck brotha! I'll try to make it too!
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote