Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Ramonmartinezgion

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS '12 V8
Camaro SS Convertible Water Leak (2012)

Hello so I noticed there are some more water leak threats here, but I did not find one with the kind of leak im heaving.

So only after heavy rain fall or a car wash the carpets at the feet of the passengers sitting behind get completely soaked. And I am worried a little since there is allot of electronics under the driver seat and rust etc.

I brought it to the garage to get checked in general and told them to look for a leak and clear maybe the roof drainage. But they told me they count find something and should it bring it back another time for a complete inspection where they rip the interior.

Now I never really trust garages and have the feeling always want to take as much money possible that I was hoping maybe someone here dealt with the same problem.

So its really only the carpets behind. The front never got wet or anything else.

I hope someone over the years now maybe found easy solution,

thank you.
Ramonmartinezgion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
Glassman66

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1le
I'm in the Auto Glass field, I've dealt with ribs of leak issues. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Water doesn't fight gravity unless it's a pooling and emptying situation.

So determine where the leak is coming from by putting a hose at certain levels working your way up until you have water coming in.

Start with door seals. If you have a sunroof these can have the drains clog and pour over.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
Ramonmartinezgion

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS '12 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassman66 View Post
I'm in the Auto Glass field, I've dealt with ribs of leak issues. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Water doesn't fight gravity unless it's a pooling and emptying situation.

So determine where the leak is coming from by putting a hose at certain levels working your way up until you have water coming in.

Start with door seals. If you have a sunroof these can have the drains clog and pour over.
Thank you for your response,

Yeah it would be good to just spend some sunny day with a water hose finding the leak. I am just hoping maybe someone had the exact same problem and can planning directly to fix it the lazy way.
Ramonmartinezgion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:00 AM   #4
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Keep hitting in different searches for your issue on this forum. Someone will have your answer. I've attached a few pictures of the trunk drains(you can see how they can separate or loosen connection. The tubes carrying the water also could just work there way into the back seats of your convertible. Good luck and welcome.
Attached Images

Tags
camaro ss, leak, rain, wash