Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 09-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Micmac

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
Introduction

I'm sure I'm posting this in the wrong place if so apologies.This is my is first post, My name is Pete and for now I live both in NC and Maine. As soon as my home in NC sells I will be full time back in New England for the first time since the early 1970's. I came south to pay the bill on living in the greatest democracy in the world. I had planned on returning once my hitch was up but life occurred and 46 years later I want to bring it back home to finish it out. I have always owned Chevrolets, (never had to switch like the current tv commercials state) mostly trucks. My pride and joy is a 1963 C-10 fleet side with an inline six. For the purposes of this forum I own a 2012 Camaro SS convertible I don't drive it much so there are only 10,000 miles on it. Red of course! I also own Indian motorcycles and one Harley for stacking stuff on in the shop. It is an old Shovelhead. My home in Maine is in the Downeast area on the Canadian border. So close to the border in fact I see Canadian and US Coasties behind my house often. In fact, most of the car stuff I participate in is located in New Brunswick as Bangor and Ellsworth are about 100 miles away.. I look forward to meeting some of you guys somewhere down the line. My current Chevy's are: the aforementioned '63 Fleetside C-10. 2016 Silverado 2500 High Country, and although not a Chevy a 2003 Sierra GMC

Last edited by Micmac; 09-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Old 09-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Micmac

Thank you sir!
Old 09-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Micmac... "great screen name with powerful history". First and foremost welcome to the Forum and hoping you really enjoy it. Tremendous bunch of guys here, on those late nights when you can't sleep there is always someone around to chat with.

Like you I initially left Maine just about 50 years ago for service with the United States Marine Corps. One of my early duty stations was Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC. I can't say I enjoyed it hear at the time as I reenlisted just to get to heck out of Dodge. Upon retirement I headed directly back to Maine where I was a LEO for the next career. Completing that tour of duty in 2012 the wife and I decided we were going to leave Maine once again. At the time we had a very large farm in Limington, Maine. With the internet we spent countless hours, days and weeks searching. Where did we end up... Havelock, NC! Next to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point. We honestly enjoy it here as I get to hang out at the base hobby shop with all the young kids that are playing Marine today, bunch of great young men.
Again, welcome and God bless.
Larry
Old 09-23-2019, 06:33 AM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Welcome back to NE. I just bought a 1968 C-20 and hope to have it by the end of the week. I sold my beloved 1999 Camaro SS to buy the truck. I am lucky to also have 2012 ZL1 so I can stay in the Camaro hobby and that car is the best driver I have owned in some time. Hopefully get to see that truck someday but man you are very far away!

Thank you for your service! It is very much appreciated by anyone I associate with.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #6
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Unfortunately the club is nonexistent lately,time has taken its toll and people have moved on to other things
Old 09-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
Micmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Micmac... "great screen name with powerful history". First and foremost welcome to the Forum and hoping you really enjoy it. Tremendous bunch of guys here, on those late nights when you can't sleep there is always someone around to chat with.

Like you I initially left Maine just about 50 years ago for service with the United States Marine Corps. One of my early duty stations was Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC. I can't say I enjoyed it hear at the time as I reenlisted just to get to heck out of Dodge. Upon retirement I headed directly back to Maine where I was a LEO for the next career. Completing that tour of duty in 2012 the wife and I decided we were going to leave Maine once again. At the time we had a very large farm in Limington, Maine. With the internet we spent countless hours, days and weeks searching. Where did we end up... Havelock, NC! Next to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point. We honestly enjoy it here as I get to hang out at the base hobby shop with all the young kids that are playing Marine today, bunch of great young men.
Again, welcome and God bless.
Larry
Thanks Larry,
Thank you for your service to our country. My older brother and brother in law were Marines, so you know I catch he*l on holidays. I like the "playing Marine" quote. I was up the road at Bragg. I had occasion throughout my career with the State of North Carolina to visit "Fayettenam" (now known as Fayraq) It is a different paratrooper now a days in service. I never had to do 5-6 combat tours though and God Bless everyone of them.
As for the Micmac name I come by it honest, my Mother was from Presque Isle and married Dad during WWII. That makes me at least 1/2. My home in NC is on the opposite end of the state from you. You are in the Southeast corner, I am in the Northwest corner near where Virginia, NC, and Tennessee come together. Many times it is warmer in Washington County Maine than it is here! It snows regularly here. I was at the dentist in Calais last winter and they said to me "people usually go to NC from Maine in the winter, not vice versa". My wife retired from American Airlines, so if we get cabin fever too bad we can fly anywhere in the world free or we can take the toy hauler south and plug into on of the kids house for a few weeks. I actually enjoy snow shoeing and hunting in the winter. I am not a big ice fishing fan, but I will gladly take fish donations of those that do! Thanks for the nice welcome and if you are on the Blue Ridge Parkway this fall looking at leaves, I always got a pot of coffee on!
Pete
Old 09-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #8
Micmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Welcome back to NE. I just bought a 1968 C-20 and hope to have it by the end of the week. I sold my beloved 1999 Camaro SS to buy the truck. I am lucky to also have 2012 ZL1 so I can stay in the Camaro hobby and that car is the best driver I have owned in some time. Hopefully get to see that truck someday but man you are very far away!

Thank you for your service! It is very much appreciated by anyone I associate with.
Thank you Dan, the old trucks are wonderful. I got a newer one with heated and air conditioned seats , but there is something about a curved windshield with a three on the tree that brings me back to being a teenager. My son asked me when I was younger,"why do you like this truck so much Dad?" to which I replied,"it makes me feel like I'm your age again." I love my 2012 SS as well, matter of fact I'm all about anything Chevy.