Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #85
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Well how about this. If you listen to Trump you will not realize the severity of the situation we are in. He only cares about getting reelected. If you look at the direct quotes I found (all with video) you would think, this is no big deal. This attitude will kill some people. Look at how many here still do not get it.

Agreed Trump did not cause the public to panic. We did that on our own once we found out this is serious business. The only panic Trump caused was a stock market sell off.

I blame Trump for lying to us. Let me look up the current lie total, this would be funny if it was not hurtful to us and really the world:

President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in his first three years

Trump lies so often the WP had to set up a database to track them all. Is that Okay?

Trump is a politician and politicians lie all the time this is not new and a politician will lie whether its a Democrat or a Republican. Just history repeating itself right there. Obama lied, Bush lied and the elected before them lied as well at one point or another. As far as the stock market goes it was going to drop regardless of what Trump did or didn't do because of the Media.

Why am I blaming the media well that is simple I have been in contact with my health providers since before and after I was tested for Covid19 (thankfully I tested negative). They told me to listen to them and not the media and I quote from them "They are blowing this whole situation out of the water dramatically and our looking to cause a panic for ratings."
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #86
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
My buddy and I are giving any stimulus checks straight to charity. We are thinking of building essential supply bags and dropping them at homeless tent camps.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #87
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Trump is a politician and politicians lie all the time this is not new and a politician will lie whether its a Democrat or a Republican. Just history repeating itself right there. Obama lied, Bush lied and the elected before them lied as well at one point or another. As far as the stock market goes it was going to drop regardless of what Trump did or didn't do because of the Media.

Why am I blaming the media well that is simple I have been in contact with my health providers since before and after I was tested for Covid19 (thankfully I tested negative). They told me to listen to them and not the media and I quote from them "They are blowing this whole situation out of the water dramatically and our looking to cause a panic for ratings."
This is a very new level of lying. Trump will say anything. You can blame whatever fits into your reality. For sure they had a part. But America has been asleep at the wheel for years. This is a wake up call.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:34 PM   #88
Devstrike

Well I am just glad my Reality just so happens to go along with what is happening out there today.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #89
Devstrike

Nah I am probably more on the annoyed side of the situation we are in more than I am angry.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #90
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I watched the Rubio interview this morning and thought this part was very encouraging.
Quote:
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who chairs the Senate Small Business Committee, said there is a “very strong general agreement” that small businesses will be able to obtain loans up to 250 percent of their one-month payroll. That money, as long as it is used for businesses expenses such as paying workers or providing their benefits, or to cover rent, will be entirely forgiven, Rubio said.

“This is money that needs to get into these hands very quickly before these doors continue to close and people keep getting laid off every day,” Rubio said
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...-capitol-hill/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #91
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Seriously you should call your state health department. It shouldn’t take 3-4 weeks.
NC's health department has gone on the record and said the lead time is so bad due to the number of cases being tested that it will take about 3 weeks to find out if you had it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #92
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:09 PM   #93
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Someone needs to set up a fact checking on the Washington Post and record the lies they print everyday! I guess the ‘fact checkers’ will cease when the bureaucrats and the Main Stream media get a candidate in office that they like and approve of and that is a career politician!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 PM   #94
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
I think that only "American citizen's who lose their livelihood over this stuff should receive help from the government. Keep in mind that there is no free lunch. Those who have allowed China to own this country should foot the bill.
Thank your congressman and their donors for that one.
The wealthiest person I know, he and his wife will get checks per what is in the press as guidelines. Nothing on their W2. My wife and I? Nope.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #95
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Actually the Media has a great deal to do with the panic more than Trump has. Over the past several years the media has gone to the over dramatic stages of reporting. Is it warranted this time it depends on who you talk too. I am not a Democrat nor a Republican but I am not blaming Trump for this one.
Social media and Social News have sensationalized everything to get clicks as clicks gets the ad revenue. And there are so many people that simply can’t believe President Trump got elected (I am) that they do nothing but try to find reasons to support their reality. Yep, exaggerating, egotistical blowhard that often acts like a 12 year old, but hey, just keep him off Twitter........ but notgoingtohappen.comb. History and the electorate will judge him. Problem is most of the people we elected aren’t experienced with what is happening. These are hard times and require hard decisions and leadership. History will judge those that stand tall, just seems like no one has yet, so we want to blame the ones that haven’t. But go to your last vote and ask yourself if you voted for the person most capable of dealing with a pandemic. Me? Well down the consideration list. Maybe a bit higher today.

But again how about those Camaro parts.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #96
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Ugh can we please leave politics and corona virus out of the forums? I want to see auto posts not de-evolution into bickering about which color tie they support. I'd rather try to rehash the debate about catch cans.
Ditto, these types of exchanges keep me from coming back — stick to our camaros and realize we’re in this together...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #97
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by funked1 View Post
My buddy and I are giving any stimulus checks straight to charity. We are thinking of building essential supply bags and dropping them at homeless tent camps.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #98
gotswap

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Crush
if you are able to get a stimulus yet afford a zl1.....

All besides the 2650 is bone stock down to the air filter.
gotswap is offline   Reply With Quote