Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
They do, it's called the SS... lol

And they make a performance package for the SS it's called a 1LE.

Then there is also on for the 1LE it's called a ZL1.

I'm usually not "That guy" but I couldn't resist... lmao
Lol. Wow...you are brilliant. Very original. How'd you come up with that??

As for the grownups that understand what I'm talking about....the fact is GM is just not competitive in the V6 performance market. Both Dodge and Ford have V6 performance versions that are far more affordable then their V8 counterparts.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
I sure do
Wasn't there a V6 performance upgrade kit available through dealerships shown at SEMA this year?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Lol. Wow...you are brilliant. Very original. How'd you come up with that??

As for the grownups that understand what I'm talking about....the fact is GM is just not competitive in the V6 performance market. Both Dodge and Ford have V6 performance versions that are far more affordable then their V8 counterparts.

Yeah, yeah... It was a joke man. Simmer down. lol

Riddle me this because I know very little about the V6 versions. What are you looking for? A track type pack similar to the 1LE? Or more power improvements? Or both?
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #18
Fiveg56

Quote:

Riddle me this because I know very little about the V6 versions. What are you looking for?
Lolololololololol.

Mustang V6 performance package is:

Alloy wheels: 19"x 8.5"; Front and rear summer 255 / 40 tires; 3.310:1 axle ratio; Driver and passenger and passenger door mirrors black; Strut tower brace; Front upsizing & rear SVT sway bar; Unique front springs; Unique front & rear calipers with Performance Friction pads; Unique stability control calibration; Sport suspension.

Challenger V6 performance package:

You get new front and rear sway bars to stiffen the chassis and make the car more corner-capable but that’s only the beginning. It also gets 42 percent firmer monotube shocks in the front and 22 percent in the rear a cold air intake, a more aggressively-geared rear axle and upgraded brakes on all four wheels.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Is this a recent development for those cars? Maybe Chevy has something in the works. IDK, to me a combo of the two packages would be good for the Camaro.

I didn't learn much about the 6's because it was never a consideration for me. I sported a V6 Blazer Xtreme that I swore was a race car... lol

I put so much time and money into that thing only to get minimal results. I decided I wanted a V8 catalog car. The Camaro SS 1LE perfectly fills that niche for me. The only thing holding me back is money. But I'll just earn more.

I would think something like a 1LE package on the V6 would be fun as hell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
2014 Mustang V6 with Performance Package, 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, $23,000.....
Their website tells me $25,000. I guess they are lying.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
You have to do some research……

I was at the Ford dealership yesterday:
2014 Mustang base price $22,200
V6 Performance Package $1,995
$2000 rebate (until 7/8/13) -$2,000

= Mustang that slaughters the V6 Camaro for $22,195 (+ttl)
Well I'll just take your word for it. If that is true, that is a hell of a deal for that kind of performance.

Quote:

Riddle me this because I know very little about the V6 versions. What are you looking for? A track type pack similar to the 1LE? Or more power improvements? Or both?
What the guy above says.....offer 3.45 locking rear end, SS suspension and brakes, and really that's all we'd want. I did a poll on this a long while ago on how many V6 owners would be interested or would have wanted something like what the Mustang has for the same price, and I believe there was nearly 200 - 250 votes and 3/4 of them said yes.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
I hope this thread lives up to old one.
LOL... not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I'm sure it will.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #23
Fiveg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Their website tells me $25,000. I guess they are lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well I'll just take your word for it. If that is true, that is a hell of a deal for that kind of performance.
No need to take my word for it...Ford website:
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This Thread Needs Pics!!!

Saw this at a car show last week...

Name:  IMG_9321.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  139.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9324.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  148.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9319.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  168.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9320.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9323.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  138.4 KB
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #25
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Lolololololololol.

Mustang V6 performance package is:

Alloy wheels: 19"x 8.5"; Front and rear summer 255 / 40 tires; 3.310:1 axle ratio; Driver and passenger and passenger door mirrors black; Strut tower brace; Front upsizing & rear SVT sway bar; Unique front springs; Unique front & rear calipers with Performance Friction pads; Unique stability control calibration; Sport suspension.

Challenger V6 performance package:

You get new front and rear sway bars to stiffen the chassis and make the car more corner-capable but that’s only the beginning. It also gets 42 percent firmer monotube shocks in the front and 22 percent in the rear a cold air intake, a more aggressively-geared rear axle and upgraded brakes on all four wheels.

The RS Packaged 2LT/RS is already close to this - the brakes is the only thing I see lacking and maybe the electronic nannies options. I don't know if they sway bars are upgraded with the wheels in the RS package or not. But the way I see it if you really wanted to upgrade then most of these are weight adders minus the electronic controls to the car to a V6 that already is not up to par. My idea of an upgrade would be more power plus these upgrades or the car would be slower imho without the addition of power.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #26
Fiveg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
The RS Packaged 2LT/RS is already close to this - the brakes is the only thing I see lacking and maybe the electronic nannies options. I don't know if they sway bars are upgraded with the wheels in the RS package or not. But the way I see it if you really wanted to upgrade then most of these are weight adders minus the electronic controls to the car to a V6 that already is not up to par. My idea of an upgrade would be more power plus these upgrades or the car would be slower imho without the addition of power.
Um...no. Other then the tires, The RS package is cosmetic only.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
The "electronic nannies" option is the same sport mode found in the mustang gt. This package adds a lot of gt and gt500 suspension parts as well as summer tires and better gearing. This package is definitely a performance upgrade. In addition, you should note that ford always sends performance package equipped models to magazines for testing. Why did they do this? Those cars are faster than similarly equipped models without the performance package. I honestly was unaware that the RS package did anything for performance.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Sorry but I completely disagree. As said above, the RS changes are cosmetic only. How would better suspension, better brakes, and a lower rear end slow the car down?

It wouldn't.