Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Local Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #15
suspectz28

Drives: 2011 SS
L99 tune

Got my tune from Phil and we loaded it up and right away I was impressed with how much better the car is. Phil knows what he is doing with the LS cars. My friend and I both are more than happy with the tune we have gotten for his vett and my camaro. Can not begin to tell you how pleased I am with his customer service. Great guy to deal with and awesome tuners. Thanks PhilePhile
Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #16
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Corvette Camaro GTO CTS Truck Tuner in Tampa Orlando Brandon

Thanks for the reviews. I have a couple 2013 1LEs to do tomorrow. Fun times.

Here's a couple old threads.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=tampa

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=tampa
Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #17
sikSS

Drives: 2013 camaro 1LE
What can i say Phil knows what he is doing with these Ls engines. Went in for a tune and let me tell you night and day of a difference car feels nd pulls harder. What i like about him is that he showing you everything your car is doing while tuning it so you learn in the process. He a friendly guy and will definitely recommend him .. Will be doing business with you again in the future Phil...
Old 08-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #18
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikSS View Post
What can i say Phil knows what he is doing with these Ls engines. Went in for a tune and let me tell you night and day of a difference car feels nd pulls harder. What i like about him is that he showing you everything your car is doing while tuning it so you learn in the process. He a friendly guy and will definitely recommend him .. Will be doing business with you again in the future Phil...
Thank man !

Burn up that track!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #19
VINNY1980

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss abm m6 , 2013 zl1
Send a message via AIM to VINNY1980
So long story short... Bought 2010 camaro ls3 year ago with cai header exhaust i guess a tuned because skip shift was eliminated and no engine light because of header. But after driving for couple months things just didnt seem right to me. I though that my previous trailblazer ss was faster. So after about hearing about phil on ths website. I contacted him and discussed what i was feeling and what i want to do. He explained that he could see and also mentioned a ported throttle body. So i made an appointment. When i arrived he was very nice. He said while we what why do we put tb on. As we took off he noticed mine was already ported and he showed it to me and did even try to sell me his. After he took for a ride to get feel for car then came back and loaded it up on the dyno. He did once pull and he notice that who ever tuned before messed up the knock sensor readings and made it run so rich it was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. It made 399 hp and 389 flbs torque. So he took my tune and compair to stock and it was running way to rich. So he started his magic. He spent the next couple of hour going back and fourth. Doing different rpm ranges. He started at lower rpms and got fuel trims to where he liked and went up the rpm range from there. Also got knock sensors working right again so now the engine is safer. He finally got 25 more hp out of it. It ran 420 hp and 406 flbs of torque. The he said lets go for a ride. At that point he was still in tuner mode. We did some wot 2500 rpm pulls on road. And at that time he notice it was alittle lean so we pulled over and he fixed right there and we did three more pull and it was good. Iam very happy it feels like a different car. Oh i forgot he also tuned out the decel pop out exhaust . He did a great job i would recommend anybody to go see him. And ill even support him on my side windows. Thanks phil you did a great job even my wife noticed a differnece. It was a pleasure to meet you phil and maybe see you around at some shows. And sorry for father-in-law hes an old time racer and likes to talk.

Would also like to say thanks to joe the owner of powertech performance for i hospitiality and his tour of shop and some of the cars. It was nice to meet you also. And i will take car back when its time for more mods.

Your friend tom
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #20
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

The Vinny 1980 thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...40#post7925740

Im glad I was able to save your car.

Sorry guys, Im not saying who I think tuned the car before me.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #21
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Corvette Camaro GTO CTSv Tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton

Well we saved another car that was tuned in the area. This is a beautiful 2013 Camaro hot wheels edition with an SLP 2300 package on it. The owner drove down from South Carolina and had it tuned. He was frustrated with the shop and the way the car's tranny tune performed. The shop down here told them they just "tuned" a 2014 SLP package Camaro and would put that tune in his car for $300 and tweak it some.

The owner hated how hard the car shifted and drove. When he got home, he ended up returning the calibration to the basic in tune hand held calibration that came with the kit.

The owner called me and said he was returning to Florida again and this time wanted Tampa Tuning to re-tune the car.

He and his wife love the way the car drives and shifts in the D or M mode now. The 70 RWHP gain was the kicker

You cant cut and paste other peoples calibrations and call it custom tuning.

Phil

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 09-17-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #22
Hotwheels426

Drives: 2013 2ss hot wheels camaro vert
drove 6 hours one way to have phil straighten out mine from prev tune..had read great things about his trans tunes on here and it was all true..he spent all the time necessary to get it right and was not going to let it leave until it was..it performs great..i will not let anyone else tune it from now on..thinking about cam in future and will make that drive again to have him tune it..thanks phil
Old 10-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #23
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels426 View Post
drove 6 hours one way to have phil straighten out mine from prev tune..had read great things about his trans tunes on here and it was all true..he spent all the time necessary to get it right and was not going to let it leave until it was..it performs great..i will not let anyone else tune it from now on..thinking about cam in future and will make that drive again to have him tune it..thanks phil

Thanks Mike. That how we roll!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #24
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Do you do LFXs?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #25
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

I can but I really don't because I have a pretty full plate keeping up with my V8 clients.
sorry,
Phil
Old 10-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #26
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Corvette Camaro GTO CTSv Tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton

So after a little surgery for more power, this 2010 Camaro L99 to LS3 conversion was calibrated by Tampa Tuning. Last time Tampa Tuning calibrated this Camaro, He dyno'd 370 RWHP 380 RWTQ through his 6l80 with the bolt ons.

We added a nice little torquer cam, stall, and some ported heads to bring his Camaro to a nice 466 RWHP 424 RWTQ

Almost 100 RWHP and 45 RWTQ over the bolt ons dyno tune.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
fig88

Drives: 2015 1LE
I was trying to come up with what to say but I think you did a great job Thanks again for the awesome work! #tampatuning lol
Old 10-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig88 View Post
#tampatuning lol
"pound sign" tampatuning???? lol

Great job Phil. That car turned out amazing.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.

Closed Thread

Tags
corvette camaro tuner tampa orlando